Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Is the quark realy smoother than a mamba 25??

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2007, 01:38 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Is the quark realy smoother than a mamba 25??

Yes, yes it is. http://media.putfile.com/100-2210
Also it is compleatly silent. I figured that anyone who has run a mamba 25 has gotten pissed off with the sucky low speed resolution and the wonderful melody of screaching that it produces. Bottom line for the money the quark 33 is miles above the mamba 25. I know it doesn't hook up to the computer but you know what, it doesn't need to.

That is stock scorpion gearing, it is also that smooth with a 22 tooth pinion. Other electronics are a HH crawlmaster and a 3 cell lipo. If you are running a mamba 25 you have no idea of the potential your motor has. You can also run a much smaller motor with better results because of the slow speed resolution. No need to over kill the motor to get a good start up, also no need to over gear. Even high gears will run smooth as butter.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2007, 11:14 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

mabey a dumb question but will it run brushed motors? also what are the BEC specs? i'm interested in a new esc but nothing has all the features i'm looking for in one package.
Hoser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 11:36 AM   #3
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoser View Post
mabey a dumb question but will it run brushed motors? also what are the BEC specs? i'm interested in a new esc but nothing has all the features i'm looking for in one package.
No it ill not run a brushed motor.

Kamikaze, have you experienced much in the way of false reverses with the Crawlmaster? The one thing that has kept me away from a Quark for a competition rig is the false reverses. I've seen guys get several on one course. Otherwise from what I have seen, the Quark is butter smooth.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #4
K_B
I wanna be Dave

Personally, running an OG revolver in a heavy scale rig with 12/87 gearing on a Stealth tranny, I have had zero problems. I was constantly getting the reversing problem when I ran it with an AXI 2212-26 (much smaller motor than the Revolver) in my very light comp rig. But once I geared down, the problem went away (can't remember what my gearing was). This was running on 6 cells for both. I'm tempted to ditch my Mamba Max in favor of a Quark with voltage regulator in my comp rig because the MM throttle resolution is no better than the 25.
K_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 07:44 PM   #5

I've haven't had any problems with the 2 quarks in my super. LOVE THEM. I did run aquark in a 2.2 at one comp and had some issues wasn't a false reverse, but more of a very fast foward lurch when barley touching the throttle. I think the OG revolver was having issues also. So I'm not blaming the quark 100%. Jeff aren't you glad I showed you the quarks?
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:09 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

As far as the false reverses go they only happen when you under gear a smaller motor. The bm-9 will false reverse when you load it hard with high gearing. The larger crawlmaster can handle higher gears with no reverses, the same with the bm-16.
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:23 PM   #7
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

I agree, they are very smooth controllers. The silent operation is nice too.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:27 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly4x4 View Post
No it ill not run a brushed motor.

Kamikaze, have you experienced much in the way of false reverses with the Crawlmaster? The one thing that has kept me away from a Quark for a competition rig is the false reverses. I've seen guys get several on one course. Otherwise from what I have seen, the Quark is butter smooth.

that goes away if you program it into "outrunner mode" with the initial startup torque to 100%... mine is set to 100% initial torque, and 100% drag brake. as soon as i let off the trigger the truck stops immediately. its definetly the best setup for competition use ive seen/use so far.

Last edited by dieselfuel; 11-09-2007 at 09:33 PM.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2007, 09:58 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieselfuel View Post
that goes away if you program it into "outrunner mode" with the initial startup torque to 100%...
Thats how all of mine were programmed. Only bad think about the quarks is you need 4 hands to program it. Hold this, flip that, push this, move that and hop on 1 leg. LOL
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 12:25 AM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RXcrawler View Post
Thats how all of mine were programmed. Only bad think about the quarks is you need 4 hands to program it. Hold this, flip that, push this, move that and hop on 1 leg. LOL
hahah true. but the overall result is soo worth it!
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote