Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Electronics

Notices

Thread: Need help with Integy 65T

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2008, 05:23 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Need help with Integy 65T

Hey all, I installed an Integy 65T on my Crawler and it seems to have plenty of wheelspeed in forward, but reverse has hardly any power or wheelspeed.....The polarity is reversed because it has a gear reduction unit....I am running this 65T with a Traxxas XL-5 speed control....which is on normal setting.....I know it has the setting with only 50%...I already checked that and it almost has no reverse with that setting. I was wondering if there is something I can do to increase the power and wheelsepeed in reverse? I am also running a Team Associated XP2 Radio and reciever with this truck.

tribalfreak06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-03-2008, 06:00 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Get an esc that doesn't have 50% reverse. Or if possible, Program your traxxas so it has more reverse. I have a rooster crawler esc and a 65t and it has just as much power as reverse.
grapegoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

What i meant is that this speed control has 3 settings, Normal, Racing, and 50%.....It is set on normal which is supposed to be 100% forward 100% reverse and Brake......Racing is just 100% forward and brake (No reverse) and 50% mode is 50% forward and 50% reverse with brake.....But with is on Normal 100% forward and reverse it just doesn't have any power or speed in reverse.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:15 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

the motor is blind to rotation direction, it spins the same speed with the same power no matter which direction. its in your ESC, even though it say is is 100% in both directions it isn't... all you can go is get a better ESC or learn to deal with it. your radio doesnt have EPA adjustments either does it? if it did you could crank up the reverse EPS but that is not the case with your radio.
dieselfuel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:22 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Well that radio has throttle and Hi/low throttle, but when I have it in reverse and set the throttle to more reverse it goes a bit faster but then won't go in reverse....If I set it more towards forward it goes faster, but then no reverse, just the opposite......I might try to switch out my ESC from my TC3 tonight and see if that changes anything.......but other than that, I have heard of alot of people using the Traxxas XL-5 speed control and 65T combo with no problems...I dunno.
Old 01-04-2008, 12:55 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

Alright, here is an update on this......I finally found the original manual to this speed control, I had to re-program the esc....now it goes just as fast in reverse as it does forward....