Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Berg newbie with a couple questions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2010, 05:46 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Berg newbie with a couple questions

So after seeing a few rigs here, I am thinking about building a berg as a comp rig. I have a LNC, which is ok for goofing around, but I want something more bad @ss for a comp rig. anyway I am thinking about getting the V2 axles, a vanquish chassis, Vanquish DH 2.2 fronts, and SLW v4 rears with Rovers. for electronics, I want to use a dx3r, so I think I need a punk dig, and only 1 ESC. is there a recommended esc to use for that config? Motors not sure what yet, but have been browsing the forums researching them. since the 300's are only for v1 axles, are there any other suspension upgrades I should look at?

thx!
LDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2010, 07:15 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

grab a tekin fx-r for the speed controller. Its tiny and easy to use, plus has most controls right on the unit. You can plug it in to "fine" tune and change the throttle profiles. I have no experience with the v2's and have only seen one set in person, so i have nothing to add on that. good luck
As far as motors. There are a lot of good ones out there. I use the cheap tekin 45t's and have had no probs. Would like to upgrade one day but thies are working great.
Also, anything from vanquish is top notch. So you'll be happy with there products.
TANK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2010, 08:51 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

I have the V2 and would recommend the V1s with 300s at least on the front. The V2 gearcases are pretty wide and make setting the links/shocks difficult plus those CV set screws are a problem. The good thing is those CVs turn sharp and are strong. I do like the V2s on the rear because they are narrower, don't need lockouts and are beef (of course breaking the rear is seldom a problem). As for a esc with puck I'd look at Holmes or fxr pro, but a sidewinder is all ya really need. Motors are maybe the least important thing on a crawler.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2010, 02:54 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

thx! I saw the FXr Pro today, so I might go that route. is it easier to clock the V2's?
LDogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:01 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

It isn't any easier to clock the V2s but they must be clocked more than the V1 because of the smaller bolt circle. Jeepindoug makes a clocking tool for both versions that makes it pretty simple.
oldhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 01:24 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

X2 on the FXR. They fit nice inside the narrow MOA chassis. Speaking of Chassis I suggest the CDW Chump chassis. CDW makes great stuff and they work awesome. For motors check out the JPH Racing new hand wound crawler motors. They have killer low speed control ,great drag brake and tourqe. sorry man no experience with V2 axles.
Stuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:53 PM   #7
Rock Stacker

i have the tekin fx-r and love it to deatth
losicrawler2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 08:26 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

For esc you can go wrong with a Tekin fxr. Castle creations Mamba max or even a sidewinder. All work great and will get the job done without any hickups. As for the v2 axles i seen them once and that is it. So cant help you there. As stated before the vanquish stuff is top notch. So go with what you want. As for motors it depends what you want to spend. And how much wheel speed you want. I like running 45t motors as i get good wheel speed and torque. Good all around motor. 35t are wicked fast. The punk dig is a great unit. It will work perfect for you. Easy to use and setup. Back to motors almost anything works the integy motors are good for the money. Dont buy anything else from them. Also holmes motors are bad a$$ also.
boostedg60rado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:50 PM   #9
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Dual Sidewinder Micros and Futaba 4pk recommended.
SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 06:05 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

There are a ton of great choices from chassis to motors. I personally would recommend the V1 axles, sidewinder or fxr, duratrax 3.5" shocks, moonbuggy or kamikaze chassis, and like stated before any Vanquish wheel are good.

Also check out Wheel Works Wheels in the vendor section. Reflection(Steve) makes some great wheels and are not quite as expensive as the Vanquish ones.

As for motors, Most people seem to be running 35 or 45 turn motors, but JRH makes some great 40T motors. That is a great in between motor for speed and you can't beat the quality.

Hope this helps, and good luck with the build.

Dan
cavie98 is offline   Reply With Quote