RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   EnRoute Berg (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/)
-   -   Dlux Berg Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/318382-dlux-berg-build.html)

Erik D_lux 07-08-2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 53 willys (Post 3177035)
Looks great Erik!
I like the black tubes forsure...
Noticed you had rovers on your rig in those pics.....you gonna run rovers or BC's for tommorow's comp?

BC's are so last week! LOL.

I am really digging the Rovers lately. I went out to LM last week and they were tearing it up. I was a bit upset because I could not make that difficult climb that we are wasting battery packs on and also one of the other random climbs we do but, I went home and found out that I was not paying attention when I switched out my shock mounts for the production type and I had my wheelbase at 12.125 :oops:

djjiz 07-08-2011 09:30 AM

I went from berg to new age and I'm back at center with the mount on both sets.

If the mount is only $15 and gives you adjustibility could one side of the top link be shimmed? I'd be happy with that.

CrAwLeR13 07-08-2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TANK (Post 3176695)
mines dead center. thats why my dlux mount makes my axle off center.

My dlux link mount is perfect. There was no issues when installed and the thing works even better. Maybe one of your links is off or your chassis could be tweeked a little. Not sure how you could notice .030 difference. Keep the good parts coming Erik.

53 willys 07-08-2011 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3177052)

I am really digging the Rovers lately. I went out to LM last week and they were tearing it up. I was a bit upset because I could not make that difficult climb that we are wasting battery packs on and also one of the other random climbs we do but, I went home and found out that I was not paying attention when I switched out my shock mounts for the production type and I had my wheelbase at 12.125 :oops:

Haha I know I'm loving my super groved sedonas!! I went out to Lil Moab three times this week and the the sedonas are killing evey line out there with ease!! I made that big climb (the battery pack waster) easily..I will be running groved sedonas for sat...

Erik D_lux 07-08-2011 10:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjiz (Post 3177062)
I went from berg to new age and I'm back at center with the mount on both sets.

If the mount is only $15 and gives you adjustibility could one side of the top link be shimmed? I'd be happy with that.

I thought about shimming it for a simple fix if it does bother somebody. I checked all my 3mm washers. You could just put one of those under the rod end on the passenger side. The only problem is that most all of my 3mm washers are .040 or greater. I did find 2 of them that are .030 so that would work but, even most washers are too big. Thats how small the difference is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAwLeR13 (Post 3177068)
My dlux link mount is perfect. There was no issues when installed and the thing works even better. Maybe one of your links is off or your chassis could be tweeked a little. Not sure how you could notice .030 difference. Keep the good parts coming Erik.

Yeah, I would need to do some figuring but I am thinking something like your rod end being 1/4 turn off would do more than the offset of the link mount. I doubt anybodies rig is perfect and square. Its easy to pick something apart with some calipers. I am even measuring the "correct" mount made by Enroute I have here being off .004.

Harvo 07-08-2011 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3176999)
Thanks for the good words.

Tubes, yeah, just 3 delrin, 1 AL and shock mounts. I am initially keeping the servo bracket separate just in case somebody is running something different for their steering and they want to keep it that way, I am not sure what "normally" is done.

The servo bracket does not bolt on. You would need to drill and tap the holes. This makes it so you can place the servo where you want if need be, left, right, tilted etc,. The C's are the same so you can set your caster where you want.

I just got my 8* yesterday. I am not sure if it is my set but my Axial brand C measures out at .515-.516. My 8* C measures at .513-.514. So the 8* are pretty tight going on right now. I think I will keep it that way so the Axial are tight still and if you want to run the 8* you will have to just take some sand paper to it. .001-.002 should be pretty easy to take off if needed. If anybody has a set they can measure to confirm mine are not one off's that would be great.

Taking back what I just said above... :lmao:

The tubes will come standard like I said. I will be putting a "kit" with everything I have together and will do a small discount. You dont have to be concerned with buying stuff later though, I will credit anybody who buys now and then wants the entire kit later.

Thanks for the clarification "thumbsup" And again... nice work!

Monstergt 07-08-2011 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3177052)

I ditched my Boss Claws and went back to the Rovers. There starting to wear good now and hook like a champ.

TANK 07-09-2011 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrAwLeR13 (Post 3177068)

this is more than a .030 of a difference. its more like a 1/16" of an inch.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...A_IMAG0631.jpg

Erik D_lux 07-10-2011 02:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TANK (Post 3178347)
this is more than a .030 of a difference. its more like a 1/16" of an inch.
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...A_IMAG0631.jpg

Either that picture is deceiving or your link mount is not centered.

If you really want to make a big deal of it I can walk you through the math or you can measure for yourself.

Aussie Nerd 07-10-2011 03:10 AM

Very nice rig all round"thumbsup" You have definitely taken the bergs to the next level. I can't wait to see what else you come up with(so I can copy it:oops:).

Kieren

Erik D_lux 07-10-2011 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd (Post 3179374)
Very nice rig all round"thumbsup" You have definitely taken the bergs to the next level. I can't wait to see what else you come up with(so I can copy it:oops:).

Kieren

Thanks!

Been watching your thread. I really like what you have going on. Sharing ideas is the best part!

khwilliams 07-11-2011 12:21 AM

Keep up the great work! Looks awesome Erik

shelby 07-11-2011 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3173549)
I am not going to lie. Black delrin turns out pretty nice....

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/100_1989.jpg

Are you trying to make a berg an xr10?:shock::shock:

Erik D_lux 07-11-2011 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelby (Post 3181780)
Are you trying to make a berg an xr10?:shock::shock:

Pretty much. Well,... everything but the crappy gear and ridiculous steering part :flipoff:

shelby 07-12-2011 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3182033)
Pretty much. Well,... everything but the crappy gear and ridiculous steering part :flipoff:

$80 in rc4wd gears in my xr10, and it's bulletproof.:mrgreen:

djjiz 07-12-2011 01:48 PM

You guys are gonna love the tubes. :twisted:

jacobflyin 07-12-2011 01:56 PM

Hell yes I can't wait to get mine some day.

Great stuff Erik.

JeremyH 07-12-2011 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shelby (Post 3182190)
$80 in rc4wd gears in my xr10, and it's bulletproof.:mrgreen:

Let's test that claim....which gun?:flipoff:

JWEIMER 07-12-2011 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeremyH (Post 3182964)
Let's test that claim....which gun?:flipoff:

I got a SW .500 you can borrow and I bet it wont last :ror:

vodka child 07-12-2011 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by djjiz (Post 3182918)
You guys are gonna love the tubes. :twisted:

Checking on their availability each day, just waiting to hit the order button "thumbsup" oh and then wait for Royal Mail to get their arse in gear and deliver em :roll: