RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   EnRoute Berg (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/)
-   -   Dlux Berg Build (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/318382-dlux-berg-build.html)

Mad Dawg 06-12-2011 07:03 PM

Daaaay-uuuuuuuum...that thing looks swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeet!!!

Nice job Erik. "thumbsup"

I will let you beat on your rig for a while to see how things hold up...then you will be getting a PM from me. LOL

redbaron 06-12-2011 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3137932)
The only issues I had after running this car all weekend were that both my outer knuckle bearings in the front failed (weird).

I've had 5 of those bastards fail this spring!! I "think" my issue was caused my dry/dirty CVD'd and my steering EPA's set too high.

rob_b 06-12-2011 09:48 PM

Jeepindoug used to offer a service to machine the OD knuckle bearing pocket for a 6x12 worked fantastic on my first Berg.

4xFord 06-12-2011 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_b (Post 3138394)
Jeepindoug used to offer a service to machine the OD knuckle bearing pocket for a 6x12 worked fantastic on my first Berg.

That was very nice, but now RCBros makes zero ack big bearing knuckles so you can just buy them ready to go. "thumbsup"

Rig looks great Erik, I think you will like the SCX shocks also.

roksloski 06-12-2011 09:58 PM

Been running 6x11's in the outer for months with no problems.........."thumbsup"

Erik D_lux 06-12-2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aussie Nerd (Post 3138048)
http://i704.photobucket.com/albums/w...1/P1050295.jpg

Another option if you can't find plastic SCX10 shocks. Those are the aluminum versions, but since you mentioned cheap that might not be what you after.

Kieren

Dunno. You make those look pretty tempting with turning them down.

Erik D_lux 06-12-2011 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mad Dawg (Post 3138113)
Daaaay-uuuuuuuum...that thing looks swwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeet!!!

Nice job Erik. "thumbsup"

I will let you beat on your rig for a while to see how things hold up...then you will be getting a PM from me. LOL

Thanks!

Quote:

Originally Posted by redbaron (Post 3138245)
I've had 5 of those bastards fail this spring!! I "think" my issue was caused my dry/dirty CVD'd and my steering EPA's set too high.

Quote:

Originally Posted by rob_b (Post 3138394)

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xFord (Post 3138411)
That was very nice, but now RCBros makes zero ack big bearing knuckles so you can just buy them ready to go. "thumbsup"

Rig looks great Erik, I think you will like the SCX shocks also.

Yeah, well, something needs to happen. I just drove my car another couple of hours and I have bad bearings again. I think they were the same as the first set. First set came with my super 300's and the set I replaced them with came from Boca. I didnt buy anything fancy, just rubber shielded. Is it worth the time to get some really good bearings or am I looking at milling these out?

4xFord 06-12-2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3138435)
Thanks!

Yeah, well, something needs to happen. I just drove my car another couple of hours and I have bad bearings again. I think they were the same as the first set. First set came with my super 300's and the set I replaced them with came from Boca. I didnt buy anything fancy, just rubber shielded. Is it worth the time to get some really good bearings or am I looking at milling these out?

I would mill them out, I have had ZERO issues with the bigger bearings in the bergs I've owned. Including my super that runs them at the end of the tube and in the RCBros knuckles.

Erik D_lux 06-12-2011 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4xFord (Post 3138439)
I would mill them out, I have had ZERO issues with the bigger bearings in the bergs I've owned. Including my super that runs them at the end of the tube and in the RCBros knuckles.

Yours are 6x12?

4xFord 06-12-2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Erik D_lux (Post 3138446)
Yours are 6x12?

Yup. "thumbsup"

RcBro 06-12-2011 10:37 PM

We can always do some trading lol

Erik D_lux 06-12-2011 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RcBro (Post 3138472)
We can always do some trading lol

May have to take you up on that. I cant keep going through bearings like this. Let me do some research and I will let you know.

Chaotic Crawlers 06-13-2011 07:08 AM

Great job at the comp on Saturday Erik!!
Congrats on the top 5 finish!"thumbsup"

You are officially a threat to all of us now!
After hearing how well you placed, I wish i could have stayed longer to watch you drive!

Now we need to get out and fun crawl one of these days.

Erik D_lux 06-13-2011 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaotic Crawlers (Post 3138736)
Great job at the comp on Saturday Erik!!
Congrats on the top 5 finish!"thumbsup"

You are officially a threat to all of us now!
After hearing how well you placed, I wish i could have stayed longer to watch you drive!

Now we need to get out and fun crawl one of these days.

Thanks!

It feels good to have the feeling that there is actually a chance now.

Man, there are some serious drivers in our club. If I couldnt see it with my own eyes I would be calling all of them cheaters and liars. Nice job on 4th!

Mark and I are going to be getting some serious time in fun crawling. You should join up.

Erik D_lux 06-13-2011 10:11 PM

I made a rear link mount after DJiz brought it up. I couldnt get over the fact that it was not centered. I wanted to get some feedback from you guys.

Centering is corrected.

The mount is super beefy. It comes in the same weight as the stock mount.

There are 3 adjustments that allow you to tilt it forwards and backwards.

There are 3 adjustments that allow you to place the links higher or lower. The lowest being stock and the highest being .380 higher than stock. I have the mount at the highest setting and it looks to me that it could even go higher? Maybe another .5??? Input appreciated.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/100_1892.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/100_1895.jpg

TANK 06-13-2011 10:23 PM

how about you cut that in half. make it so you bolt the base to the case then the arm to the base so you can make all the adjustments without having split the case... get it? or did I just talk out of my ass.:ror:

AUSCRAWL 06-13-2011 10:25 PM

When you fully compress the back suspension does the chassis cross brace hit the upper links?

Absolute awesome build by the way...!"thumbsup"

ittybitty 06-13-2011 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TANK (Post 3140456)
how about you cut that in half. make it so you bolt the base to the case then the arm to the base so you can make all the adjustments without having split the case... get it? or did I just talk out of my ass.:ror:

Makes sense to me and gets my vote! If this was to happen...you could use a piece of aluminum in order to have different options for range of adjustments. It would also keep the width of the mount slimmer where the links attach.

It's definitely a step in the right direction! "thumbsup"

Erik D_lux 06-13-2011 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TANK (Post 3140456)

That could be a great idea,....

Quote:

Originally Posted by AUSCRAWL (Post 3140461)
When you fully compress the back suspension does the chassis cross brace hit the upper links?

Absolute awesome build by the way...!"thumbsup"

Yeah, they do hit. They hit before though. I have maybe .125 of compression left when they hit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ittybitty (Post 3140475)
Makes sense to me and gets my vote! If this was to happen...you could use a piece of aluminum in order to have different options for range of adjustments. It would also keep the width of the mount slimmer where the links attach.

It's definitely a step in the right direction! "thumbsup"

Another great idea!

Edit:

Why is it important to have the links closer together?

Erik D_lux 06-13-2011 11:01 PM

I just realized I didnt give a great shot of the mount installed.

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/100_1896.jpg

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...g/100_1898.jpg