Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: Jwatts' first Berg!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2012, 09:01 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Jwatts' first Berg!

Thought I would post up a couple of pics of my Berg I picked up. The first one is of the rig as it was when I bought it and the second pic is with the rig almost rtr! Thanks to Ittybitty for wiring it up and selling me all of the parts to make it rtr!

Parts so far are:
T1E Moonbuggy Chassis
Holmes Hobbies 35 turn motors with motor savers
Tekin FXR
Punk dig
Hitec 7950th servo
Castle Bec
86jeep steering mod
Vp wheels front and rear with fronts fully loaded with bullet weights
Vp steering knuckles

Axles are stock for now but I plan on adding super 300's in the front and either rc axle masters or ti shafts to go in the rear.
I also plan on getting the T1E rockshow SS chassis and knuckle weights for the front axle in the near future.

Let me know what you guys think and thanks for looking.
Attached Images

Jwatts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-2012, 09:14 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Jwatts' first Berg!

Glad to see a build on this rig Jerry! Quite a few things changed after that first pic was taken. I swapped out the front tubes for a set that were already clocked, and the rear uppers were moved to the inside of the chassis in order to move them up to reduce the traction at the rear axle.
ittybitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 09:20 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ittybitty View Post
Glad to see a build on this rig Jerry! Quite a few things changed after that first pic was taken. I swapped out the front tubes for a set that were already clocked, and the rear uppers were moved to the inside of the chassis in order to move them up to reduce the traction at the rear axle.
Thanks Ryan! It's good to know I got friends that knows something about these rigs and is so quick to help out or answer any questions I may have.

I crawled with it a little while yesterday and I must say it reacts totally different than my XR. I think once I figure it out and crawl with it alot more I will be even more satisfied that I made the switch.
Old 04-10-2012, 05:37 PM   #4
RCC Addict

The rig is looking good can't wait to see it at the next comp once u get the hang of it u will love the berg even more
lowridinjuggalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 09:14 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I must say my berg performed well at ECC. It was very stable and predictable on what it was going to do. This was the first time I have been able to comp with it since it was finished up. It performed better than the driver who was telling it where to go. I plan on practicing with it as much as possible so I can become a better driver but I am happy with my 92 finishing spot at ECC!! Hopefully next year I will be more seasoned at driving it and can do better.