RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   EnRoute Berg (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/)
-   -   I'm building a Berg. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enroute-berg/503967-im-building-berg.html)

KBrog 08-04-2014 09:28 AM

I'm building a Berg.

Getting ready to start a Berg build. In the need of new axle tubes. It's my understanding that CCC tubes will not work with stock cases. I know of Dlux, and RCBros tubes. What are the pros and cons of each. The axles I have use super 300's for AX10 knuckles. Can I use those 300's with Wraith C's and knuckles?

ROWDY RACING 08-04-2014 09:33 AM

Re: I'm building a Berg.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBrog (Post 4831822)
Anyone have a link to the search button?

:flipoff:

ClassiCutCustoms 08-04-2014 10:17 AM

Karl, yes that is correct. Dlux has been making delrin tubes for stock cases for years and I am sure that they would work for you. I think the Rcbros ones are designed with Wraith knuckles in mind and take some mods to make work. The tubes I sell are designed with Wraith knuckles in mind as well and only a few custom sized ones for AX10 were made. The Super 300s were designed to fit Berg or AX10 knuckles and will not fit Wraith knuckles. With the Super 300s you are limited to 50 degrees of steering and modded stock tubes or custom delrin tubes from Rcbros or Dlux. After XRs had all the steering.... The Berg guys had to find out how to make a Berg steer like an XR. It kinda has been coined the "Wraith Mod" by some. The Berg platform has been continually changing and adjusting to what parts are available and work well together. I hope this helps you understand and saves you some searching time.

KBrog 08-04-2014 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4854397)

Yeah yeah yeah, you got me back :flipoff:

ClassiCutCustoms 08-04-2014 11:11 AM

Check out these..... They will work with the axles you have.

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502488

KBrog 08-04-2014 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms (Post 4854427)
Karl, yes that is correct. Dlux has been making delrin tubes for stock cases for years and I am sure that they would work for you. I think the Rcbros ones are designed with Wraith knuckles in mind and take some mods to make work. The tubes I sell are designed with Wraith knuckles in mind as well and only a few custom sized ones for AX10 were made. The Super 300s were designed to fit Berg or AX10 knuckles and will not fit Wraith knuckles. With the Super 300s you are limited to 50 degrees of steering and modded stock tubes or custom delrin tubes from Rcbros or Dlux. After XRs had all the steering.... The Berg guys had to find out how to make a Berg steer like an XR. It kinda has been coined the "Wraith Mod" by some. The Berg platform has been continually changing and adjusting to what parts are available and work well together. I hope this helps you understand and saves you some searching time.

Sounds like the Dlux may be my only option with the parts I already have. Those RCBros sure are shiny though.

KBrog 08-04-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms (Post 4854427)

Sounds like the Dlux may be my only option with the parts I already have. Those RCBros sure are shiny though.

ROWDY RACING 08-04-2014 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBrog (Post 4854473)

Quote:

Originally Posted by KBrog (Post 4854474)

You can say that again. :lmao:

KBrog 08-04-2014 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4854494)
You can say that again. :lmao:

Lol. Barbarian hands and a little phone.

RcBro 08-04-2014 12:55 PM

Our tubes can be used with either style knuckle.

If you plan to use the AX10 Chubs and Knuckles a quick how-to can be found here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enrou...075-tubes.html

a Majority of the guys are still running the orginal 300 CVD's. Being your first berg they will be a great addtion to your rig. The HD's or similar require alot of tuning to get maximum use from the amount of steering a rig can have. Sometimes this results in negative driving results due to being new to the platform and not familiar with adjustments.

ClassiCutCustoms 08-04-2014 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4854397)

Karl..... I was just trying to explain the options for you. Apparently others are not so helpful.

ROWDY RACING 08-04-2014 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms (Post 4854526)
Karl..... I was just trying to explain the options for you. Apparently others are not so helpful.

We are good friends, we give each other a hard time, all in fun, chill out fella. "thumbsup"

ClassiCutCustoms 08-04-2014 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROWDY RACING (Post 4854528)
We are good friends, we give each other a hard time, all in fun, chill out fella. "thumbsup"

Chris..... I know you are...... And I know what you are just joking...... But you don't know how the general public may view these comments.

KBrog 08-04-2014 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms (Post 4854526)

Yep, I know. You and everyone I have talked to about this build have been great at helping a Berg noob. Rowdy was just paying me back for all the crap I send his way. :oops: he got me. I had already forgotten about that search comment.

SkaldidDog 08-04-2014 01:11 PM

Sweet! Another Berg...and Rowdy entertainment.

J

ClassiCutCustoms 08-04-2014 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SkaldidDog (Post 4854539)
Sweet! Another Berg...and Rowdy entertainment.

J

Joel..... Same old story.... Different chapter.... Grab some popcorn!

ROWDY RACING 08-04-2014 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClassiCutCustoms (Post 4854529)
Chris..... I know you are...... And I know what you are just joking...... But you don't know how the general public may view these comments.

Nah, they are smarter than most give them credit for.

Set them up to run as is Karl and upgrade as time and $ allows, comp in 2 weeks git er did!

KBrog 08-04-2014 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RcBro (Post 4854524)
Our tubes can be used with either style knuckle.

If you plan to use the AX10 Chubs and Knuckles a quick how-to can be found here:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/enrou...075-tubes.html

a Majority of the guys are still running the orginal 300 CVD's. Being your first berg they will be a great addtion to your rig. The HD's or similar require alot of tuning to get maximum use from the amount of steering a rig can have. Sometimes this results in negative driving results due to being new to the platform and not familiar with adjustments.

Very cool info. That almost makes up my mind.

SkaldidDog 08-04-2014 01:17 PM

His multi-chapter book of entertainment is always classy yet on the edge...kinda like finding a nice leather-bound hardback in the adult section.

J

KBrog 08-04-2014 05:31 PM

I also have RC Axle Master rear shafts. Is there any certain tube I need for those or will any of the above work?