Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > EnRoute Berg

Notices

Thread: What to do - Berg v3

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2016, 02:04 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default What to do - Berg v3

I've got a Berg v3 that lacks in performance. It's to heavy and i am not sure about the chassie. So it's just a shelfqueen at the moment. Are there any recommendable upgrades, or is my best bet just to get another crawler. I was thinking of the Rc4wd bully 2. I do like the look of the Dahu chassie for the Berg v3, but is worth upgrading the v3 to this chassie?
Attached Images

Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2016, 07:05 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: What to do - Berg v3

I don't know much about the V3 axles or chassis but as for upgrading, i would highly recommend the NEW Dlux kit. You already have the electronics and wheels/tires/foam so you could just buy the base kit at $650. Add $100 if your not comfortable assembling the axles and you will have the best of the best! They are really light, crazy strong, look awesome and are the best axle out right now.

Link to kit http://www.dluxfab.com/#!/2-2-Dlux-k...egory=20624006
stubs179 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 07:56 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubs179 View Post
I don't know much about the V3 axles or chassis but as for upgrading, i would highly recommend the NEW Dlux kit. You already have the electronics and wheels/tires/foam so you could just buy the base kit at $650. Add $100 if your not comfortable assembling the axles and you will have the best of the best! They are really light, crazy strong, look awesome and are the best axle out right now.

Link to kit Dlux Fab
Would like to buy the dlux kit, but it's to much money for me right now.
It's a better option to sell the Berg complete and buy and rtr rc4wd bully2 i think. And then upgrade at a later stage.
Desmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 06:16 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

I don't know for sure how much the Bully 2 is, but what I found was a price of $589.99. If you can sell your berg, keep your electronics and just save up a little more you can get the Dlux. I dove in and went Dlux and all I can say is that it is worth every penny. On a side note spend the $100 to have the axles pre built, unless you have plenty of experience building crawlers. I thought I had enough experience and it was still a challenge. Even with all of Erik's help and excellent customer service. He took very good care of me and made purchasing the crawler parts a breeze, and would always find time to post in my build thread and answer any question I had sent to him.
Also I doubt you would need much upgrading if you went Dlux.
My Berg V3 was a great way to get addicted to crawling, and I'm still learning. I completely understand having a budget to work with but I have learned in RC it's better to wait and buy the best equipment you can in the beginning, so you don't nickle and dime your self to death upgrading.
My vote is for the Dlux kit .
Boopernator is offline   Reply With Quote