Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: *Sanford Notice To All*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2008, 03:05 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default *Sanford: Notice To All*

It looks like Sanford is getting trashed by some of our fellow rc'ers, you know who you are! If this keeps up, we won't be able to crawl under the bridge!! The city won't put up with trash scattered all over the place and mud and dirt plastered all over the pillars and overpass, they'll kick us out and fence it off. So far, this is one of the nicest places to crawl and have fun locally for most of us to crawl on any real rocks, so if we like the havin' fun, and I know we do, pick-up after yourself and don't be "showin'-off" in your vehicles!!!!!!!

Last edited by badBKO; 11-17-2008 at 03:16 PM.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2008, 03:22 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Some people are just plain ignorant, that has happened to a couple real good fishing spots up here. People start going in and leaving a mess... before you know it, fenced in and locked so nobody can enjoy it. Same thing with the 4 wheeling trails. Keep it up idiots and ruin it for everybody

Is it that hard to leave something the way you found it? If you are going to leave a mess at least bring your mom so she can clean up after you.
4u2nv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:40 PM   #3

Wink i am down with that

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
It looks like Sanford is getting trashed by some of our fellow rc'ers, you know who you are! If this keeps up, we won't be able to crawl under the bridge!! The city won't put up with trash scattered all over the place and mud and dirt plastered all over the pillars and overpass, they'll kick us out and fence it off. So far, this is one of the nicest places to crawl and have fun locally for most of us to crawl on any real rocks, so if we like the havin' fun, and I know we do, pick-up after yourself and don't be "showin'-off" in your vehicles!!!!!!!
manchife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
Official Cook of the ECC

Who was it?
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:28 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I'm not sure who it was, but we are the only ones who crawl under there. Granted there was some trash before we started crawling there, but not like I or another guy at a LHS had seen recently. I'm only saying that if we want to continue to use the spot we need to try and keep it in good condition.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:09 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

I did notice after we had the comp at Fred Howard park last summer. Some people did leave there coke cans and water bottles laying around the rocks. So this should be a notice to all areas. If we want to keep coming to these spots.
Shaun (yota) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2008, 07:38 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I'd say if a person is seen destroying crawling grounds, they are not allowed to compete for a comp, month, year or never again.
clean up crew for comps?
there is a parking lot at sanford, there is no need for parking under the bridge.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 06:09 AM   #8

I was there this past Sunday, and we were talking about this very subject. Myself along with my 7yr old and a friend spent about 30 min. picking up trash that day. We also piled up all the pvc that was lying around and placed it by the metal tank for now. We were talking about setting up a day to clean the place up. I know I'll be there Sunday working at it again. So for all those interested feel free to come help.
On_The_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 03:55 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

so who put the orange dots all over:-(:-(:-(
flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 04:01 PM   #10
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by flmudder View Post
so who put the orange dots all over:-(:-(:-(
You mean somebody painted course markers on the rocks?
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2008, 11:26 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Didn't notis the orange dots, that was stupid painting them on!
Old 12-07-2008, 07:25 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

I seen the dots on the rocks last time i was there.............
Dont they make bright tennis balls ? hell i'll buy some , I even keep a trash bag in my truck to POLICE behind myself and my crew that come with me... my 12 and 15 yr old pick up there trash and what ever is laying close to the when its time to leave.. Guess some people dont know how to teach our future off road and rc children to tread lite and save the sweet spots so all can enjoy for a long time......
southernextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 09:25 PM   #13

Yeah, realistically, were even lucky to be able to use the area considering that half of the rocks on the left side are part of the seminole buriel grounds! It's simple, if you go out there to run your trucks and bring drinks and food, make sure you pick it up! This area that we run at has alot of crawlers, so to keep it simple, THERE'S NO ROOM FOR DUCHE BAGS!!!! Respect your fellow crawlers and property and pick up after your self, and stop painting!
KastanPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 02:45 PM   #14

I agree , the last time I was there,there were some individuals who were not part of this forum ,but were part of the local RC crowd in "that area" and claiming affiliation with a new shop in that area , crawling there. they were the ones who painted the "spots" when asked WHY???? the answer was to mark the course they chose because the tennis ball halves would not stay put ,obviously amateurs,I explained that they were not the only people who crawl there and others might not want to use the course they picked and that the paint was very unsightly. and then was promptly "blown off" , perhaps the next time I might have to forget my manners while in a social environment and just dish out a good old fashion beat down
fishnstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:16 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

If they're "affiliated" with a shop, maybe their "affiliation" could cause us not to shop there.
if you don't hit the markers with your trucks they won't move.
Old 12-12-2008, 09:50 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatfender View Post
If they're "affiliated" with a shop, maybe their "affiliation" could cause us not to shop there.
if you don't hit the markers with your trucks they won't move.

They probably never got that concept. But if the markers are just painted on you can hit them and they won't move, so no points are lost, bet they finish in the top spots in the competitions they hold, but go to a REAL comp and they finish last, wonder why!!!! is all I have to say to those people.
Old 12-22-2008, 03:23 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

i went by there this past sunday and now there are more orange dot and lines on the rocks we need to put a stop too this :-(:-(:-( how is putting all the dot and lines out there needs to stop that sh$% now befor we are unable to play there

thanks drew,aka flmudder
flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2008, 09:03 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

ok, time to tell, who are they and what shop are they affiliated with? if you see them again get their picture and post it up here.
if we don't actively work to stop this we will lose our spot. technically it's vandalism of public property, so they are already breaking the law.
Old 12-25-2008, 06:51 AM   #19

redline hobbies in deberry 1792 & highbanks
fishnstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 02:48 PM   #20
RCC Addict

So where is this crawling spot?
HDMM is offline   Reply With Quote