Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: new guy from ocala

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2009, 11:18 AM   #1
Looking for new Trails

Default new guy from ocala

Just want to say hi and post up see whats going on...
yoda@4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

Hey man were are meating at the skyway bridge at the northside rest area sunday I know its a bit of a drive but its a good spot to crawl. come on out if your not doing anything Check out some of the pics from the last gtr. If you have some good spots up in your neck of the woods let us know so we can come up there some time.
goodoldlevi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 11:58 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Hey man, nice to see a new guy join the FLorida scene.
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 05:42 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

whats up guys.......im moving down to orlando in dec. and was wondering about the local spots myself! hope to meet you guys some time
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 06:03 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawldad91 View Post
whats up guys.......im moving down to orlando in dec. and was wondering about the local spots myself! hope to meet you guys some time

theres sanford its about 15 to 20 min from orlando
nice to new theres some new guys coming around just keep an eye out
flmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 07:39 AM   #6
"HOLLYWOOD"

Welcome to the family
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 09:16 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

ill be living down there in orlando <if i can find a place > for 14 months or soo to go to MMI.i also race gas truck and slash too

any local tracks that run mod slash?

i crawl more than anything and i happen to have the MECCA of crawling spots up here in virginia 10 min from home.

i just finished rebuilding my rig last night and am working a few bugs out of it. mainly my esc is heating up a little and my rx was glitching some like it wanted to go into bind mode< i run a micro spec hence bind plug> well i got that straight i think <need to take it out back to my test area>.2 cut power wires were arcing on each other<crazy way i have to run my steering servo/ccbec.

.....and my esc heating issue im sure was caused by an endpoint issue with my dig, i forgot to reset my endpoints on my radio for my dig, it was late when i finished and was not on my game

soo......... i will know this evening if its all sorted out. i know my setup works as it has been used this way b4 in this rig..

Last edited by crawldad91; 07-22-2009 at 09:18 AM.
crawldad91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:16 AM   #8
Looking for new Trails

there is a track for off-road and the slash class is big here in ocala the track is out buy the air port and is alright for an out side course...
Old 07-28-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
Official Cook of the ECC

Do you have a crawler and are wanting to run or just promoting the course at New Red?
Scattman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 01:57 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

fyi- when I moved down to Orlando 5 years ago I brought all my racing stuff down (nitro touring car & Savage) but I sold it all soon after moving here due to the holier than thou attitude at the tracks (used to race in NH, I raced for fun, not with the attitude that I was the god of racing which is quite prevalent around Whorlando.)
for crawling just keep an eye on RCC and you'll find times and places for crawls and trails

welcome to orlando
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:50 PM   #11
Looking for new Trails

yes I have a few rc crawlers and a full scale crawler most of the crawling I do is here in town when i go with my full scale crawler I only put up the track info so others would know about it this is not my track I just race there put they are building an ROCK COURSE for rc crawlers and it would be nice to see some new face's.. Tampa is a little fare just to rc crawl when i have one of the best off road rock crawling spots in florida for scale and RC. "A PIT"
Old 07-28-2009, 06:37 PM   #12
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
yes I have a few rc crawlers and a full scale crawler most of the crawling I do is here in town when i go with my full scale crawler I only put up the track info so others would know about it this is not my track I just race there put they are building an ROCK COURSE for rc crawlers and it would be nice to see some new face's.. Tampa is a little fare just to rc crawl when i have one of the best off road rock crawling spots in florida for scale and RC. "A PIT"
I took my 4Runner out there a few times before I sold it, went to B pit a few times too . Been thinking about taking the R/C's out there....
85sfarunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:23 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoda@4x4 View Post
Enlighten us as to where this "A PIT" is & we could have a comp in your back yard.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:28 PM   #14
Official Cook of the ECC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedracer19 View Post
Enlighten us as to where this "A PIT" is & we could have a comp in your back yard.
Bingo
Old 07-29-2009, 10:31 AM   #15
Rock Stacker

It was private property when I used to go out there. Last I heard the owners had the Sheriff handing out fines to anyone trespassing. Pretty much go at your own risk.
85sfarunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:43 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85sfarunner View Post
It was private property when I used to go out there. Last I heard the owners had the Sheriff handing out fines to anyone trespassing. Pretty much go at your own risk.
Hummm, thats to bad, but still where is this place at, beside's in Ocala or around somewhere.
Speedracer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 08:07 AM   #17
Looking for new Trails

Ok the 411 on on the pits a-and b c they are old lime rock pits owned buy one man he has told our toyota club and the jeep club that we can go back there have fun be carefully we camp and ride all the time there is nothing up at this time saying you can't go back there put just be carfully.......
Old 07-30-2009, 08:11 AM   #18
Official Cook of the ECC

So, do you need a secret handshake or something to find out where it is at?
Old 07-30-2009, 08:47 AM   #19
Looking for new Trails

PM sent to you scattman