Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Florida

Notices

Thread: Plannign the next TTC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2009, 08:06 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Plannign the next TTC

Ok, this TTC in my opinion was not a hard as the last. There were just too many people getting 10's. The foot system worked on some courses, but timed is the best, I think. The rock course was hard, but I think it was better using the rocks that are already there. The tank trap/ mud pit was good as always, but there was too much water, we needed a more thick mud, with maybe a good hole that has water in it, and maybe alittle longer with more hills. The obstacle course.......wasn't hard other than the last obstacle. The tonka truck was good, but we needed more weight, and we need to but it on a smooth surface that has a gradual upward slope half way and on. The hill climb was weak, everyone basically made it. Anyway any opinions or advice on the next ttc put it here, and we need to make a better score sheet. I'll volunteer since I like doing that stuff.
badBKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-28-2009, 08:58 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

working on an idea for the next pit.
the mud was quite watery, it settled fast.
I'll have to make a few small trial pits in different spots to find the best spot.

timing all coarses is definatly the way to go.

Last edited by flatfender; 10-28-2009 at 09:03 PM.
flatfender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 11:00 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

What you no likey my score sheet That was just thrown together at the last min it was left over from the first one.
My suggestions:

Some events need to be timed not necessarily all
Definitely harder events the obstacle course would have been ok if timed and no sandbag
I agree completely on the tonka pull although this was fun to watch before it flattened out
The hill climb would have been better if I grabbed the tiller out of the truck and softened it up a bit easy fix next time
Possibility of food and drinks if its going to be that big next time we can make a break in the middle for fixing and eating
I think maybe the rock climb last so people don't lose interest and start leaving before the good stuff or eliminate it completely
Less water in the mud hole but the consistency on the bottom was good though
CRAWL UGLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:19 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default debary fla

the contest was excelent ,the hill climb was to easy the rock was ok, the pull truck should be more of a flat area and going on an incline ,the opticle coarse was to easy,the mud pit was to much water ,i got an ideal we need to get some red clay with the right amount of water should be more slippery and muddy looking ,it wont settle so quick like sand mud does,well ill be waiting for the next comp ,had a great time
rican69m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

I could bring 10 gallons of black lake mud, it stopped most trucks that I had, mix it up right, and it'll stop anything.
Old 10-30-2009, 09:44 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by badBKO View Post
I could bring 10 gallons of black lake mud, it stopped most trucks that I had, mix it up right, and it'll stop anything.
I like that idea better than clay you can never clean clay mud once you get it in everything
Old 12-16-2009, 04:05 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

We need these for the next TTC....http://www.rc4wdstore.com/2/product_...roducts_id=975
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #8
RCC Addict

are there going to be 2 class's 2.2 n 1.9?i don't wanna be yhe only one with 1.9's
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:36 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
are there going to be 2 class's 2.2 n 1.9?i don't wanna be yhe only one with 1.9's

Usually we don't run classes, but there are a few 1.9's. It's basically run what ya brung.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:26 PM   #10
Rock Stacker

Quote:
you gonna bring some of that black stickie gooie mud from hog island area of the umatilla ?

if so somebody gonna get STUCK
southernextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by southernextreme View Post
you gonna bring some of that black stickie gooie mud from hog island area of the umatilla ?

if so somebody gonna get STUCK

Nah, my lake! Hog island is all grown up and a bypass road has been created through there.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:39 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Sounds like a plan

Last edited by Warn Off Road; 12-24-2009 at 09:31 AM.
Warn Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 08:41 PM   #13
Rock Crawler

Sounds good to me!
Old 12-16-2009, 08:44 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Nah, my lake! Hog island is all grown up and a bypass road has been created through there.
Thats going to be one hell of a stinky ride for you if your putting it in the back of the blazer.

We're going to need a LOT more then just 10 galons. How many buckets can you fit in you truck with the back seat folded down? Or I know your work has those nice plastic 8 gallon crates that are stackable, you could seal them with duct tape to help the smell.
Old 12-17-2009, 12:54 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

their is a place here in lakeland that would be good for just about anything but the rock pit as it has very few rocks. it does have some pretty steep sand hill climbs some are hard packed and some are soft sand. its a old phosphate mine so the mud is and gooey in places (watch out for gators).
smallblock500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 07:49 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

Good idea Matt, should be interesting with no winching (except for the trail run).
smm_cbf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2009, 03:36 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warn Off Road View Post
With regaurds to the point per foot think, I thought it worked out pretty good. But the point per foot thing should be more like point per flag. Instead of a 10' course, it could be made into a 30-40foot course with 10 flags. But I agree, people were getting very close scores.

We need to establish a good way to take timed runs/distance and make them into a final score

What about this:

Lets say 25 trucks enter in the competition

To make that into a score here's what I would suggest, take the amount of people entered and make the total points available for each round 25. At the end of the event we rank each entry from quickest time down to shortest distance made. If you rank 1st you get all 25 pts, 5th place gets you 20 pts.

Rock crawl, you get 3 minutes total to make it, break it, or time out. You can back up as many times as you wish, but if you roll or need to touch the rig to unwedge it, your time is called and your distance is measured. (no winching, it's about the truck and driving skill, not dragging your junk through the track)

Mud pit, basically the same rules as the Rock crawl, make it, break it, or once you stop moving your distance is measured and ranked on the same points system (no winching, the mud pit is about your truck, not rope)

Hill climb, same rules as mud pit, and ranked with the same points scale. The goal here is to basically not flip over and make it to the top! (no winching, the hill climb is about your truck, not rope)

Tonka pull, same rules as mud pit and ranked with the same points scale. The goal here is to gas it and drag it and drag it as far as you can! (no winching, the Tonka pull is about your truck, not rope)

Trail run, same rules as mud pit and ranked with the same points scale. Goal here is to plan out your run, and make it as fast as possible, winching IS allowed, but obvisouly can hurt your time. You must be anchored to a rock, tree, anything natural, or pre placed steak before the first person runs.

What do yall think?

Sounds like I might have heard this somewhere before
Old 12-23-2009, 05:03 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRAWL UGLY View Post
Sounds like I might have heard this somewhere before

Aleast he thought it sounded original!
Old 12-24-2009, 05:13 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

We haven't done it like that before, the first time I don't remember any writen rules.....and the rock course had a point dedution system.....

Last edited by Warn Off Road; 12-24-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 12-24-2009, 09:23 AM   #20
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Aleast he thought it sounded original!
Wasn't really going for "originality"...... Ill sit this next one out and video tape or something.

Last edited by Warn Off Road; 12-24-2009 at 09:32 AM.