Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Steering play

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 08:24 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Steering play

Iwas wondering what anyone has done to remove the front knuckle play an what they used to beef up the steering? I bought the 7 degrees aluminum knuckle c an the aluminum adjustable upper link mount, next I think Ill get the aluminum knuckles or try my old tlt alum knuckles they look really close to fit,any more ideas to try?
crawlernut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-08-2011, 01:49 PM   #2
RCC Addict

I have fitted all the ally hop ups and its nice heavy and solid. The remaining play I have is in the bearings which stock aren't meant to be that good.

I am though now thinking of speeding it up a bit, its currently a total crawler on 55t and 12 spur but am now going to liven it up a bit as some obstacles imho can be best cleared with a bit of throttle.
northernerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:34 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I went to the search bar an found some good ideas about steering play,everything is good an tight but now I see that alot of play is in my bearings, gotta live with alittle play in them i quess. I went up to a 14 tooth pinion with a 35turn integy an a 7 cell 1600 nimh ( 2\3 cells) now its a rock racer an still a decent crawler! afraid to try a 3 cell lipo, might fry the esc, its only a hpi sc10 esc, but its more fun now than just as a rock crawler.
Old 12-13-2011, 06:24 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well I used my screws an bushings that are used for the axial ax10 axle c from the front knuckles on my r1 aluminum knuckles, I just replaced the stock r1 step screws with the screws an bushings that are used on the ax10,that took alot of the play out of the steering,some guys call it (wobble) now the only play there is is in the bearings themselves,Ithought I would pass this idea along to others that are looking how to remove some of the steering slop