Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > G-Made Crawlers

Notices

Thread: answers for shocks for gmade r1!!!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2011, 04:22 PM   #1

Smile answers for shocks for gmade r1!!!

hey ghuys im new to crawling ive built my r1 and have stock everything at the moment when i upgrade to high clearance links do i have to put new shocks on and my shocks are in the droop setup but as im building this for rock crawling im going to change it to sprung for high clearance i was wondering whats the highest shocks and most bad ass ones i can buy

please post links for shocks
and please post photos of your r1 with your shocks

thankyou
DanielGregory is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #2

No you don't have to change anything for high clearance links, they don't really make much difference. I sometimes switch over to a pair of these if I'm doing hard core crawling - http://store.rc4wd.com/2x-Spark-Comp...0mm_p_870.html

They're ridiculously soft and are actually quite difficult to get set up. For some reason its a nightmare trying to get all the air out of them. I sometimes run them without any oil at all. They work well though once up and running. I'm thinking about buying a set of these for my R1. http://store.rc4wd.com/Gmade-ZERO-Sh...m-4_p_903.html

I think they'll be a better all rounder for rock racing and crawling. The stock R1 shocks are leaky as hell. I'd be interested to know what these are like though.
http://www.junfac.com/shop/index.php...c0a02de58837c0
mobias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 12:52 AM   #3
RCC Addict

I've 2 sets of these R1 shocks, both leaked non stop until.... I gave them an extra 1/2 turn or so.
Get them as tight as you using the small plastic spanner, then put a screw driver or something through the upper hole, and use an adjustable spanner on the plastic insert nut and just give it 1/2 to a full turn more.
It stops the leaking dead, and doesn't damage the thread at all. I've had them apart several times playing with ride height and they go back together fine.
northernerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 12:14 AM   #4

Default Re: answers for shocks for gmade r1!!!

What length are the stock R1 shocks? Should I look at 103mm or shorter for replacement/upgrade options?
lomdel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 01:10 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: answers for shocks for gmade r1!!!

The stock G-transitions are great shocks. And will work even when you stretch your wheel base. Just be sure to run them empty (2 to 4 drops of oil in each shock). Also, see the articulation mod in the sticky. If you remove the oil from your shocks and do that mod, your suspension performance will improve drastically. As for sprung vs droop, I find that droop is the best setting. But I actually run sprung up front and droop in the rear in my setup to get the suspension geometry the way I like and want it.
supermoturd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gmade r1 shocks