Pebble Pounder

Default who needs articualtion

http://www.truckmonster.de/RC-CRAWLE.../bauteile.html

not sure what would happen to the electronics but still
jimbobmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2005, 03:00 PM   #2
R.I.P. Chip

Talk about over thinking something! That looks like something Ace would spend months in his basement building!
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:01 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

That is insane!
jwrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #4
2006 2.2 National Champ

It's not a bad idea, it just needs to be streamlined, looks like it would be heavy as hell!!
BENDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #5
RCC Addict

why?

It looks heavy and impractical! I guess it would keep the axles straight but you can make somthin just as performable with less material and money! I like to call it .......THE 4 LINK!!!! MUAHAHAHA!!! *everyone is in awe*
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:09 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER
It's not a bad idea, it just needs to be streamlined, looks like it would be heavy as hell!!

Yea, my thought too, I was just impressed with the enginuity behind it. It probably would be EXTREMELY too heavy
jwrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:22 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

What's funny is that none of the bodies that he has on there will even allow the movement that the chassis has. It would need a 2 piece body to move with the chassis.
Esteban86K5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 03:53 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

or mayb no body at all and keep all the electronics with in the large metal chassis space
jimbobmarley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 04:08 PM   #9
MODERATOR™

Bei den folgenden Bildern handelt es sich um das Komplett Fahrzeug welches nur zu Demonstrations Zwecken erstellt wurde
Eine, noch provisorisch, aufgesetzte Jeep Karosserie (Anfertigung aus GFK - zeigt wie die Karosserien angebracht werden könnten.
Das Fahrzeug verfügt in dieser Variante über keine (kaum notwendige) Federung. Durch Austausch der vorderen starren Alu Links (100 mm) gegen Standard Federn kann das jeder Modellbauer selber nachrüsten. Mit längeren Federn kann die Bodenfreiheit noch beträchtlich erhöht werden.

IS THAT SWEET OR WHAT!????

Just kidding I have no clue what that says.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 05:03 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by EeePee
Bei den folgenden Bildern handelt es sich um das Komplett Fahrzeug welches nur zu Demonstrations Zwecken erstellt wurde
Eine, noch provisorisch, aufgesetzte Jeep Karosserie (Anfertigung aus GFK - zeigt wie die Karosserien angebracht werden könnten.
Das Fahrzeug verfügt in dieser Variante über keine (kaum notwendige) Federung. Durch Austausch der vorderen starren Alu Links (100 mm) gegen Standard Federn kann das jeder Modellbauer selber nachrüsten. Mit längeren Federn kann die Bodenfreiheit noch beträchtlich erhöht werden.

IS THAT SWEET OR WHAT!????

Just kidding I have no clue what that says.
With the following pictures it concerns completely the vehicle of which only too demonstration purposes provided itself one, still provisionally, put on jeep body (preparation from GRP - shows like the bodies to be attached could. The vehicle has in this variant no (hardly necessary) suspension. By exchange front rigid aluminum left (100 mm) against standard feathers/springs can re-tool each model construction amateur. With longer feathers/springs the clearance can be still considerably increased.
(thank you babel fish!)
Old 07-03-2005, 10:55 PM   #11
MODERATOR™

Provisionally sweet or what!?
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2005, 11:58 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

http://www.truckmonster.de/CAD_UND_K...R/trailer.html

wpuld you translate that please? and how much do you think ace might build one for? :-P
blazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:12 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

I think you'd end up with the same problems 4RnrRick had with Project WTF. Unless there was some kind of spring trying to pull the lifted tire back down, it would be unstable and one end would flop easily. Great "idea", just impraticle IMO.

Not to mention, quite heavy.
snakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 01:34 AM   #14
RCC Addict

The structural drawing of the Monstertruck Trailer often inquired, now he is finished and here can one him get, inclusive designs of the individual parts and compositions plus parts lists for the purchase. Other sizes are easy thereby to adapt. When desired the Trailer can be referred completely built - price on request to info@truckmonster.de Version 2 - built after the structural drawing Actually the first Trailer was as show model thought, there in the course of the time demands originally came again and again and concrete purchase desires to me was near carried gives it a small series of it. For farmer there is the drawing set. With the help of the structural drawing the dimensions here can (the length amounts to over everything approx.. 1100 mm) to be easily adapted. The whole can be prefabricated, referred also as kit, many parts. The remainder work should not represent a problem for a model construction amateur. Over sense, nonsense or usefulness of such Konstrukte there should actually be no discussions in the model construction - which would be the nut runner world without the highlights, the Hingucker. The red 1:6 lobster has by the way the mass: 700 mm x 300 mm (LxB). The data: - quadruple ball stored 8 mm silver steel axle - pendulum and spring travel - 2 Monstertruck tire D=175 mm of the Tamiya Juggernaut - 4 oil pressure absorber - here there is the original absorbers of the Tamiya TXT 1 (simple are also usable) - ramp owner is not as support usable - tilting in the case of the rear-end collision into the trailer, which knows employment (inclination) is determined - for easier transport are easily dismantlable ramps, shields and axle - the owner in front (plus VA screws) will supplied, the position can be determined Here the smallest one from the special series - also a unique piece nevertheless nearly still hands the capacity for an extended TXT 1 - the data: Overall length of also diagonally standing ramp: 1020 mm, length of the loading area: 555 mm, up to the front taper ratio: 410 mm, width of the loading area: 465 mm of the Trailer like that as it can being acquired is shown, (fenders belong to it), or with wheel and axle set: 4 camps, silver steel axle, suspension, mounting material the wheel and axle set row (TXT1, Juggernaut, Clodbuster, Bullhead etc. fits all wheels of the Tamiya 5-Pin. For farmer those are the individual components (also the rangs likewise available. Version 1 - almost completely from aluminum: the wheel axle is made of high-grade steel - the wheels according to rank monster wheels also over 150 mm in diameter. The whole is fitted the ramp owners with springs, is at the same time as support while stationary applicable. Vehicles up to over 400 mm broad and more than 600 mm of length are transportable. The ramps are limited for a section width of 110 mm. The mass are enormous - the weight holds itself however within limits
Old 07-04-2005, 06:00 AM   #15
Quarry Creeper

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babel.../bauteile.html
try this link for translation
SPEED_RACER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 06:14 AM   #16
Pebble Pounder

Georg is the guy thats made all the gear on that site he'll try anything.
He made my single duallies.
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/madmax13/tuber2.html
they are heavy but WELL made.
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 02:02 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

notice how it isn't flexed when the bodies are on.
Jeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 03:55 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

he said nut runner those wacky germans
fourxfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 04:53 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks stupid, and is a dumb idea
moonbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2005, 07:48 PM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonbuggy
Am I the only one who thinks this thing looks stupid, and is a dumb idea
No and yes.

It does look stupid to you and I because we are into crawling and well it's ugly . It's overkill/useless for our type of crawling fun. Not sure what type of loads are expected when they designed it, but that swivel is just about as large as a table top Lazy Susan or something you would see steering a kids little red wagon.

Dumb idea, no. The stick is basically the same concept (sort of). Rotation down a single axis keeping only the basic fundamental of articulation. The stick appears to be the better of the two designs by having better clearance, less weight, and design by function from the inception geared towards rock crawling.

It's interesting, but nothing I would ever want.
-Sam
SlinkySam is offline   Reply With Quote