Thread: Rockslide review

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2009, 07:06 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Rockslide review

Hi guys,
heres another review I just got done with, the Rockslide

http://www.rcuniverse.com/magazine/a...rticle_id=1112

Your opinions on the review are welcome.
Thanks
matt
webdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-05-2009, 12:37 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Well here is my opinion....One giant piece of plastic junk...I don't feel as if this rig could even possibly be close to what any Clod based super rig is!And are those Pro Line Moabs? Or copy's?Cause if they are copy's then the only thing that makes it worse is the fact that there is a copy of it with INTEGY all over it and they are the worst people in the market about being copy cat losers..But then again there are a lot of similar features that are found on other rigs...Like the Clod look a like axles,clod look a like link ounts...I mean I can go on all day about this crap...But as I see...I HOPE REDCAT AND INTEGY AND EVERY OTHER COPY CAT COMPANY YOU CAN NAME FALL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH FOR BEING THE LOSERS THAT THEY ARE...TRYING TO GET MONEY OFF OTHER PEOPLE DESIGNS THAT THEY CHANGE EVERY SO SLIGHTLY SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT,BEING AS THEY CAN'T COME UP WITH THEIR OWN TO MAKE MONEY ON..

P.S. As for your review itself it was very good and indepth and well thought out...Keep up the good work as a journalist,next time do some research into what the RC CRAWLER crowd wants to know about hat hasn't been talked about as I am sure that you can find some thread on here about that crappy crawler already.Sorry if I was rude,or offended you,I am just very verbal and upfront about how I feel.
OH YEAH...THEIR WEBSITE DON'T EVEN WORK....

Last edited by Jeepial; 05-05-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Jeepial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeepial View Post
Well here is my opinion....One giant piece of plastic junk...I don't feel as if this rig could even possibly be close to what any Clod based super rig is!And are those Pro Line Moabs? Or copy's?Cause if they are copy's then the only thing that makes it worse is the fact that there is a copy of it with INTEGY all over it and they are the worst people in the market about being copy cat losers..But then again there are a lot of similar features that are found on other rigs...Like the Clod look a like axles,clod look a like link ounts...I mean I can go on all day about this crap...But as I see...I HOPE REDCAT AND INTEGY AND EVERY OTHER COPY CAT COMPANY YOU CAN NAME FALL OFF THE FACE OF THE EARTH FOR BEING THE LOSERS THAT THEY ARE...TRYING TO GET MONEY OFF OTHER PEOPLE DESIGNS THAT THEY CHANGE EVERY SO SLIGHTLY SO THEY DON'T HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT,BEING AS THEY CAN'T COME UP WITH THEIR OWN TO MAKE MONEY ON..

P.S. As for your review itself it was very good and indepth and well thought out...Keep up the good work as a journalist,next time do some research into what the RC CRAWLER crowd wants to know about hat hasn't been talked about as I am sure that you can find some thread on here about that crappy crawler already.Sorry if I was rude,or offended you,I am just very verbal and upfront about how I feel.
OH YEAH...THEIR WEBSITE DON'T EVEN WORK....
Hey, its all good. Some people like them, some dont.
As far as the website not working, I think thats my error. The top link works, but the one at the end of the review isnt. Im getting it fixed now.
If I do another crawler review, I will try to add a little more tech in for the RCC crowd.
Thanks
matt
webdr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:00 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

A big POS, just like INTEGY!!!
MDcrawler72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 01:14 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

I messed around with the rockslide back at Ihobby...

Heres my review:

Plastic parts that are prone to breaking
Electronics that want to let the smoke out as soon as a battery is plugged in
poor suspension geometry
Poor aftermarket or factory support
Knockoff pieces abound
too long of a WB to qualify for super class (in its defense it was out before the rules went in)

Good gear ratio in axles
motors seemed to be decent low end motors
COG was good
Decent attempt for a company that didn't know that rock crawlers held comps and had a sanctioning body.
a glimmer of hope on the superclass front

Once their pro version comes out people might be suprised. Talking with the designer (well supposed designer) it was designed in house. It had their own tire design, single shock layout, aluminum axle parts 40:1 axle ratio, seemed to be pretty decent.
jetboat is offline   Reply With Quote