Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: servo horn guide???

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default servo horn guide???

Is there a thread about servo horns? Mabye a Guide for us to firgure out shich horns works on which servo... I just notice there numbers such as 23, 24, 25 etc etc... I pretty sure that the numbers of splines on the servo attachment mount.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-11-2009, 06:13 PM   #2
RCC Addict

i think you just answered your own question.

info on which servo a particular horn is for, is pretty much on its packaging. abriviations like, FUT= futaba, HT=Hi-Tech, ART= airtronics.... so on and so forth

personally i dont even memorize the number of splines. when i go to my lhs i just ask the person behind the counter what i need. ex. short aluminum horn for a jr standard size servo; long plastic horn for micro hi-tech... etc.

Last edited by NeXt559; 09-11-2009 at 06:18 PM.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:18 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

DUHHHH!!!! You right... I just answerd my own question... I'm amazed how far I got in my life.... Lots of time my head isn't attached...Thank god for my sweetie...always reminding me of usless stuff.... ahhh oh well.

I just wanted to get a nice metal servo for my hitec... I found one, however it didn't mention the plastic insert.... stripped it in a matter of mintues..... Going to get the Robitronic 24 spline arm, as sweared by many crawlers here...

Last edited by Mudsy; 09-11-2009 at 06:22 PM.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:50 PM   #4

Ive recently been dealing with horn issues also, the plastic ones just get stripped & useless so I bought an alloy one but have been
wondering now that I have the metal one where will the weak link be & you seem to have answered my question in that the horn will still get stripped it seems.
Guess I will have to learn how to drive the thing so it doesnt hit things to fix this problem.

Last edited by FishoStu22; 09-11-2009 at 07:02 PM.
FishoStu22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 07:01 PM   #5
RCC Addict

i guess the main thing w/ servo horns is to get one that fits nice and snug. you should not be able to easily slide the horn on and off the servo. play in the horn= leverage to break or strip
ive had very very very good luck w/ alloy dynamite and hanger 9 horns when it comes to my jr9100. these things fit tight ! i basically have to lay the horn on the servo and use the leverage made by the screw going through the horn into the servo to get these things installed.
to get them off i use a mini prybar which moves it about 1/4 millimeter at a time in a star pattern.
NeXt559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 05:41 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

Yeah, the numbers are the number of teeth on the outer gear.

23 = JR, KO, Sanwa, Airtr, Graupner
24 = HiTec
25 = Futaba and Tunder Tiger
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:08 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

So ive been looking for a metal horn for the Hitec HS-225BB Mighty Mini Ball Bearing Servo (S/JR/Z) [HRC31225S] Actually waiting on buying one until I can find a metal horn so any info will really help! Cant figure out since this is a mini if it still falls under the hitec horns. Could someone help with the info. Also if it does take the regular hitec horn is this one all metal, and not have a plastic insert This losi one doesnt show any teeth http://www.rcplanet.com/Losi_Servo_Arm_p/losa99038.htm This one looks better but still not sure if it has a plastic insert http://www.rcplanet.com/Integy_Servo...2943orange.htm
mikegigabyte is offline   Reply With Quote