Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: CB antenna

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2006, 04:16 PM   #1

Cool CB antenna

Have you guys ever heard of or done a modification for the antenna? I want to put it near the back next to my mounted spare tire so that it will look like a CB radio antenna. I think it would be cool looking instead of having it in the middle of the roll cage. I was think of just extending or putting a whole new wire into it and then extending it to the back where I want it. Can it be done?
FJ40Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-23-2006, 04:47 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

That would be a great idea...you could probably make an angle bracket out of aluminum, solder a wire to come thru the body (with a plug of course to facilitate body removal) and run the wire to the antenna. If you don't care about range, you could use an old Motorola bag cellphone antenna and paint the tip orange, it'd look sorta like a scale Firestik...
gregman_1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 06:46 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregman_1
That would be a great idea...you could probably make an angle bracket out of aluminum, solder a wire to come thru the body (with a plug of course to facilitate body removal) and run the wire to the antenna. If you don't care about range, you could use an old Motorola bag cellphone antenna and paint the tip orange, it'd look sorta like a scale Firestik...
well i have done that with my mini z overland it looks sweet!...but antenas have to be a sertant length if i change the length it changes the frequeny and you will louse alot of range and have t be realy close to the car to controll it...but there is a x mod web site u can go to that will tell you how to make an antenna the right lenght for your frequensy (should be 27mgz) try sherching on google.awsom idea and that would look awsom if you do it send me some pics!

ps:im new so hello to you all!
trost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:19 PM   #4

Talking

I wanted to do that as well and fortunate for me I have friends that are quick on their toes and ask for some opinions. FJ40Cruisin thanks for doing that. Maybe we can figure it out and do the mod together when we do the head and tail lights. You rule man!
toy4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote