Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Nylint Tear Down...need suspension help!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2006, 12:13 AM   #1

Default Nylint Tear Down...need suspension help!

I'm looking to rebuilt my nylint for better performance....I was wondering if anyone had any help regarding the wheel base lenth for a 4-link and what is the best way to find or fabricate brackets for mounting servo and strenthening chasis. I would appreciate any help regarding the full rebuilt that I have underway.

Planning full suspension conversion, full ESC and servo mod, battery upgrade and have completed the 2.2 wheel conversion and high/low removal and streched the back 2" before tearing the truck down and fully removing the lower battery housing and planning on mounting some kind of metal tub or somthing.

I think im in over my head.... At least i have two trucks
Dusted 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-18-2006, 07:38 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

check the modification thread up to.

the servo install is there & many other mods!
just click the pictures or link..
jeepguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 10:27 AM   #3

Arrow

I appreciate the help but i have already checked the mod portion that Jason from Agusta posted and used a number of things i found to modify my truck. What I need is help with the suspension and I couldnt find anything on a full customized suspension that shows specs or has hints on what the optimum wheel base and 4 link setup is. IF anyone has any input it is much appreciated and I will be working on the truck today and checking the forums often....THanks

Oh boy.... Fabrication is Fun....!:neutral:
Old 01-18-2006, 11:32 AM   #4
Y-Town Crawlers

I'm running about a 12.5" wheelbase with my 2.2 moabs, and it seems to work pretty well.
Del Monte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 02:54 PM   #5

Cool sounds good....I just tied in the first two supports in the front and back and need to see what the wheel base is now....should be dramatically bigger. Hope this suspension works....need to find shocks that will fit the extended wheel base and im wondering if i will need more supports tied in to maintain drivability....

I will keep everyone posted and hopefully have some pics when i figure out how to post them.....

Any Ideas are welcome and if anyone has pics of custom frame or suspension it would be much appreciated.
Old 01-18-2006, 05:36 PM   #6

Wheelbase is 13 and 1/2 inches and now i need to find a shock that will support such long travel.... this is getting really complicated and If anyone has ideas for shocks please let me know
Old 01-18-2006, 07:23 PM   #7

you could modify your shocks, i made mine telescoping, and they work great, i just used a bic pen as the center link, had to bore the hole out a little in the shock, but i get a ton of droop, and still get full compression
Juice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 07:45 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

thats a neat idea
airranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2006, 08:43 PM   #9

Well... I got the Aluminum for the brackets that im fabricating to mount the servo. (Thanks Jason) I have one finished and i am going to work on the second top mount tomorrow. The Dremmel that i purchased is the most helpful tool that i have and I am in love with the fact that i can fabricate aluminum pieces so easily. I need to find a factory spring that can allow for the extended wheel base that i have. Im thinking it needs to be at least 4 to 4 1/2 inches long.... I just dont see it working any other way. I heard a rumor that there is a factory spring for one of the monster trucks out there that could potentially be useful... If anyone has any information let me know....

Thanks

2.2 mod... Electronics mounted, extended wheel base 12.5 inches, hi-torqe servo mod in progress, shocks-????.
Old 01-18-2006, 08:45 PM   #10

Holy crap...I think i just figured out how to do the four link.....hmmm.