Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: looking for input on timber wolf chasis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 06:25 AM   #1

Default looking for input on timber wolf chasis

hey all,
can anyone who uses the timber wolf chassis give an input on it? also, links to reviews would be greatly appreciated.
I am interested in this chassis as it gives a nice "jeep" look ( i don't mind sacrificing some crawling ability in that respect), plus i think it has a lot of way in modding it (it's screwed together)
Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-01-2011, 07:18 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Top heavy.

I know a gent that runs one, his is a solid performer, after he has done some work to it.... Its a real pig though. If I remember correctly he had some issues finding good shocks that worked with the chassis.

He has weighted the wheels heavily to offset the weight on the top, and currently runs rear steer. Its a performer now, but at 12 lbs, it weighs more than all of the other C3 rigs we have in our club.

I suggest looking into our site supporters here that make chassis, they will make you exactly what you want.

Don't get me wrong, the timberwolf is a SOLID RIG. We witnessed it taking a tumble off of a 50' cliff onto rocks. Depends on what you want to do with it.
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #3

well, I prefer buying a ready-made chassis - i don't want to buy customized one (sounds really expensive). all i want is a good, solid chassis, so i can built a jeep (or something very close to one). a chassis that will enable me to put leaf springs, shocks, diff's and a shaft. any hint on a chassis that does that (if there is something cheaper than the wolf the better)

edit: i have found trail finder jeep chassis, which seems to suite me better (and for less money...) any comment on that one?

Last edited by Keyser; 07-01-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Keyser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 03:08 PM   #4
RCC Addict

http://www.rcpcrawlers.com/product.php?productid=1077

take a look at this.
JesterSpec is offline   Reply With Quote