Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Ever be a Associated crawler?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2009, 05:12 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Ever be a Associated crawler?

As a racer I'm a huge Associated fan and love their products, and now with most of the other manufacturers especially Losi, throwing their hats into the crawler market, does anyone think, heard rumors. etc about this subject, in short Team Assoc will please bring your quality, fit, and finish to the crawler market.
Silverdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2009, 09:18 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I doubt it. They have shown no signs of doing anything remotely resembling crawling. They mostly a racing company whereas Losi is into many things.
SpeedyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:07 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I've always been a losi fan myself, but associated does well in the racing arena, and maybe they should stick there.
po' riggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:38 PM   #4

lol im a fan of asosciated stuff but losi is a nicer company
rock jumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:04 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I'm a huge Associated fan...I wish they had a crawler. Losi is probably the last on my list of things to buy. For those of you that are familiar with the LHS and how it works, if you're at all familiar with the business tactics of Horizon you'd be in the same boat as me. If you really like Losi you probably don't shop at the LHS is my guess...
Thorne_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 11:26 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorne_Dog View Post
I'm a huge Associated fan...I wish they had a crawler. Losi is probably the last on my list of things to buy. For those of you that are familiar with the LHS and how it works, if you're at all familiar with the business tactics of Horizon you'd be in the same boat as me. If you really like Losi you probably don't shop at the LHS is my guess...
Care to explain yourself? My LHS doesn't even carry Losi and the owner said it's just because Traxxas sells more than anything.

I doubt AE will release a crawler. I think they're happy racing. They don't even much for bashers.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 12:31 AM   #7
RCC Addict

I could see Associated making a Crawler?

They woulld probably go the Mini Crawler route before the 2.2 Crawler route.

But having not seen anything from them for the Crawler market as of yet it does seem a little unlikely that they have any interest in the Crawling Scene?

I don't know about Horizon but I bought my DX3.0, DX3R and MRC from the LHS.
Xtant3150c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:35 AM   #8
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Care to explain yourself? My LHS doesn't even carry Losi and the owner said it's just because Traxxas sells more than anything.

I doubt AE will release a crawler. I think they're happy racing. They don't even much for bashers.
They don't enforce MAP pricing at all, which really hurts the LHS and it's part of the contract so as far as I'm concerned it needs to be more strictly enforced. I don't care if amainhobbies.com is the largest Horizon retailer in the country right now (if in fact it is), they aren't doing anything for the hobby out on the east coast. Without ANY local hobby stores on the east coast (because internet retailers breaking the rules could very well in fact shut down any LHS) the hobby as a whole would be dimished in comparison to how popular it is right now. Sure a cheap price on a Losi 8T 2.0 is great, however without a LHS that has a track to race at within a 6 hour drive what good does saving 50 dollars on the kit do? It's pointless. Horizon is all about making money, the LHS is all about promoting the hobby. I'll stick to supporting the LHS as much as I can, and I'll be sure to make sure the products I order from the LHS aren't a Horizon exclusive product. I'll leave it at that in an attempt to not hijack this thread. I could write multiple pages on Horizon flaws. Unfortunately most consumers don't realize this and wouldn't without knowing how the LHS functions.
Thorne_Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 01:36 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Gotta make a different point here than I was just about to. I thought you were going a different way with this Thorne dog.

While I do agree with what youve said about MAP pricing and how its hurts the LHS, Horizon still takes care of any customer service issue I have ever presented them with which is very nice to have when customers dont understand its not the LHS's product and not our fault it broke or was defective. Trying to beat Amain on a daily basis is hard, but it can be done. We can get it taken care of when needed. I have been credited before when coming across low online prices like these where I cant compete. So far its worked out.

Last edited by mtdriver; 02-24-2009 at 01:42 AM.
mtdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 08:46 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

i bet they will make a crawler. they said they would NEVER make a 4wd buggy but they have one now. if they are makeing one they might be waiting till the losi 2.2 is out for a while. i have always been a ae fan but then i got my first losi and i loved it, but i still love ae. as for bashers the tc3 was a great basher and racer at the same time lol
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:14 AM   #11
I wanna be Dave

Talked to them at ihobby show in chicago and they said no not anytime soon
kasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorne_Dog View Post
I don't care if amainhobbies.com is the largest Horizon retailer in the country right now (if in fact it is)...
amainhobbies.com is the largest Horizon/Losi retailer in the world. At least that is what they claim.

As for the question at hand, I wouldn't be surprised if Associated made a crawler.

- David

Last edited by dkingston; 02-24-2009 at 09:40 AM.
dkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:38 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

lol you got to think they said the same thing about a 4wd buggy but look what they have out now. im sure they will as soon as they can see that rock crawling is still growing.
some87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:50 AM   #14
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkingston View Post
amainhobbies.com is the largest Horizon/Losi retailer in the world. At least that is what they claim.

As for the question at hand, I wouldn't be surprised if Associated made a crawler.

- David

I do agree but look at how long it took for an AE labeled 4wd offroad car .... guess maybe the question will be not IF but When.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 11:27 AM   #15
Rock Crawler

look at the MGT it isn't really race viable without serious moding so they will someday.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:05 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Last time i heard Associated say they would never make a 4wd buggy they were walking about 1/10th electric because Yokomo dominated everything. Damn im showing my age now. lol.
Culetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:18 PM   #17
Custom Carbon Fiber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culetto View Post
Last time i heard Associated say they would never make a 4wd buggy they were walking about 1/10th electric because Yokomo dominated everything. Damn im showing my age now. lol.

LOL thats becuase it was the only one around Not racing on grass fields. I remember drooling over that old Yok Dogfighter too .......
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 02:52 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

I still have my old Yokomo Works 91' kit.. lol

Anyway, Associated has the MGT as a basher, but I dont think Associated designed it, wasn't it designed by Thundertiger? Then labeled an Associated product?

edit-

I guess what i was getting at was that Associated may just sell a crawler branded as their own. Like maybe PTI?

Last edited by dave56bug; 02-24-2009 at 02:58 PM.
dave56bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 05:54 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

i see associated coming out with one eventually but look how long it took for a 4wd buggy. If traxxas brings out a 2.2 crawler associated will. Id personally like to see an independent suspension crawler theres a few of us that have crawled stock or strecthed emaxxes with some success and i could see one of those 2 companys marketing a "new" crawler based of say a b44 with a different chassis or maybe a mini emaxx.
gooba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 06:33 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

I almost never post but this same thing came to mind just last night. I mean if they take some of their existing parts and mold a solid axle housing to fit around them then throw in a slightly modded buggy tranny they allready have all the expensive parts in production.

My first "serious" RC was a traxxas and it was a pile, then I bought an RC 10 (not team addition) and though much simpler performed worlds better. I am still using the original Futaba pistol grip from my best friends dads ORIGINAL RC10, I wish I would have kept that whole car together. My next RC was a XX-T when they first came out, and with a decent stock motor I was able to hang with the big boys. It pains me to see Losi going the route of traxxas, making small changes and rebadging existing platforms to appeal to the general public. I know they still make great specific purpose vehicles it just seems a little tainted to me.
Jneves is offline   Reply With Quote