Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Batterys draining quick

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 01:38 PM   #1

Default Batterys draining quick

i have a wheely king with stock ESC and 55 turn integy motor....i had a 1500 mah battery getting about 5 minutes sluggish and complety dead after 15 minutes and just put a big 4200 mah battery and after 10 minutes it started being sluggish but complety dead after 20 minutes...im trying to figure out why this thing will not get longer run times...the things i notice is it acts like it has a that drag brake..i can set it on a hill and it will not budge, i have to sort of strain to turn the wheels on this thing, the only last resort is maybe the guy i bought it from got somthing in the axles while he locked them and its draining a battery dead quick because its harder to turn.....i just wanted to know if that was possible and is it soppused to be able to sit on a 90 degree hill and act like the brakes are on....ive already checked the pinion/spur gearand tranny gears..would silly putty cause the axles to become hard to turn or jb weld ?
ridinbikes247 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2007, 01:40 PM   #2
MODERHATER™

Probably some seized bearings or something of the likes. Time to take it apart and see what you find!!
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2007, 03:04 PM   #3

it was the lugnuts, i had my tires to tight, i didnt think that would matter, i mean ive been tighten them down pretty tight now, i can set it on the ground and push it and the wheels spin...i had them so tight i could set in on the ground and the wheels wouldnt spin when i push it across carpet
ridinbikes247 is offline   Reply With Quote