Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: KRAWLIN4KIDS.org Prototype Course

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 08:55 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default KRAWLIN4KIDS.org Prototype Course

Well we got a lil sumin sumin going for kids up at the hospital.......

What do you think, first one so be nice.

Lance threw this together for fun so were going to play with some ideas
Real MOAB Red Rocks, Real tree branches, Real Moab red dust, Tire tracks, Moveable gates, Maybe even voice activation, hinges for folding and carry handles and all...
We still have alot to do but it'll come with Losi crawler and remote too.

Im super excited to promote sport in another way then competing since my days of winning are over. Besides I can't think of another way to help/give back to these poor kids who have tons of issues "spinal cord injury's, brain damage, cancer" you name it and most of them don't even have family's cause theve been givin up custody by there family's to the state. Being that I lost everything in my life "business, houses, wakeboard boat, custom chopper, my family, etc etc from my injury I understand more of what there going thru. So please if you own a business or can donate some time, products, or even money a little bit goes a long way here when sponsoring/supporting your fellow crawlers in giving back to KRAWLING4KIDS.org and help give back if you can find it in your heart.
Until Im done hitting up big sponsors like LOSI, RC4WD, CURRIE etc were only around $40.00 bucks plus time into portable rock course, $100.00 bucks for crawler & remote so like I said a little bit goes a long way here.

Please offer your constructive criticism only please or contact me if youd like to help/donate or even Anonymously.

BY the way the people involved would like to personally thank LANCE for his hard work constructing the Rock Courses because without him this all wouldn't be possible, SO THANK YOU LANCE........You da man!

Thanks Brandon
Attached Images

Last edited by KNIFE; 01-24-2011 at 09:37 PM. Reason: LANCE
KNIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-24-2011, 09:25 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

simply awesome and for an awesome cause. YOU ROCK!!
discgolferlee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2011, 09:27 PM   #3
RCC Addict

DITTO!
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 05:37 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default Good on Ya!

Sounds like a great idea that we could all do in our community hospitals.
I'd love to build a course that could take the Kids minds off of their problems for a while. That'd be a great project.
Good on Yall for givin' back.
MikeBike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:00 AM   #5

This project sounds awsome. I think its a great idea, and good luck with it!
zim35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 06:22 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

That's a really cool little set up, and I can't think of a better reason.

Nice work
CreepyCrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 09:51 AM   #7
RCC Addict

very nice looking, I like the battery holder that it has lol
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 07:19 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I've got a stock scx10 TX and RX I'll donate if you are thinking it would help in any way for the long run?? I only used it 3 times before upgrading.
08sv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 11:43 PM   #9
RCC Addict

wow, thats a very good idea man! you are a great man sir, and i respect you for it!
MRCCRAWLER1.9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2011, 11:54 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 08sv View Post
I've got a stock scx10 TX and RX I'll donate if you are thinking it would help in any way for the long run?? I only used it 3 times before upgrading.

I appreciate the kind words fellas...... Ive had this idea for seriously about 6/7 years when I had a family friend in Childrens Hospital and I brought my rockcrawling posters/trading cards and signed them and kids went crazy........

08SV, Yes anything now will help, soon when websites up! "Another Disaster from HIT WEB" Cash donations will be tax write off's so you have no excuse to help out.... PLEASE OF COURSE!!!

But remember PEOPLE It only works if you pass word/ donate time, money or make sure your FRIENDS DO IT TOO----OK... I mean really $130.00 roughly is per kid thats tragically dying or in bad shape.. What about kids who can't even leave there rooms due to weak immune systems and their locked up for 6 months at a time???????? They need the ROCK CRAWLING COMMUNITY TO STEP UP................SO PLEASE PASS WORD HERE!

THANK YOU
Old 01-26-2011, 01:05 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

@ Knife, i actually jumped the gun on this. If you and whoever else is helping or interested alongside you would feel a axial scx10build would be feasible and you feel up to it i would donate any working or new parts from one. As of right now i can mail you a stock TX/RX, esc, driveshafts(long WB honcho), and i believe i have 3 stock shocks complete with springs, i lost a lower spring perch on one but i have the parts trees that i can toss in as well. just let me know if you feel a scx10 would be feasible and if so pm me with where i need to mail to. I would also commit to donating any other parts that as i upgrade i can send you for a build or spares. i know i'll be buying axles in about a month so i would be able to send you clean working axles then.
Not trying to be cheap but i only have one r/c and all i would ever have is parts as i progress. who knows, if i buy something that i change my mind on i'd be donating new upgrade parts.
link posting in the scx10 forum Can a few ppl help me out with this?

Last edited by 08sv; 01-26-2011 at 01:20 PM.
08sv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2011, 11:42 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
@ Knife, i actually jumped the gun on this. If you and whoever else is helping or interested alongside you would feel a axial scx10build would be feasible and you feel up to it i would donate any working or new parts from one. As of right now i can mail you a stock TX/RX, esc, driveshafts(long WB honcho), and i believe i have 3 stock shocks complete with springs, i lost a lower spring perch on one but i have the parts trees that i can toss in as well. just let me know if you feel a scx10 would be feasible and if so pm me with where i need to mail to. I would also commit to donating any other parts that as i upgrade i can send you for a build or spares. i know i'll be buying axles in about a month so i would be able to send you clean working axles then.
Not trying to be cheap but i only have one r/c and all i would ever have is parts as i progress. who knows, if i buy something that i change my mind on i'd be donating new upgrade parts.
link posting in the scx10 forum Can a few ppl help me out with this?

Hey man again I/WE Appreciate you stepping up to help out.. 400+ views and 1 offer of help. As you can see we need help here.
I talked to Lance this morning about your offer and of course we would love to take parts and build something to sale and accept proceeds toward building more courses etc etc. Due to us not having a bunch of time to build that car and list for sale not sure how to handle this.
Maybe you could help us put something together and sell it, maybe we have extra parts needed to assemble full running rig I don't know here.
I also have a running brand new LOSI COMP CRAWLER I need to sell also.
Let us know your thoughts on this and lets see what we can do ok.

Lance will chime in here as soon as he has more time, poor guy is slammed right now but were moving forward everyday as long as we have funds and since Im only one paying out of pocket its a slow go.

Thank you though we do really appreciate your kindness and time of even offering help/really children thank you.
None of us are in this to make money, no one will be paid for working on this project 100% of proceeds go right to kids in getting this going for them.
Like I stated before business's will get their names on courses and will have their names displayed on website for a number of months on home page depending on donation amounts etc etc.

PLEASE PEOPLE HELP SPREAD THE WORD HERE/WE CAN USE YOUR HELP!

THANKS
KRAWLIN4KIDS.org
Old 01-27-2011, 05:41 PM   #13
RCC Addict

well. you could create an account on a website that takes donations, and those donations go straight to you! IMO that realy shows us the donator some progress!
Old 01-28-2011, 08:26 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Thanks for the offer but right now we need the micro crawlers. The intent is to bring the crawling to the kids so smaller is better right now. Maybe in the future we can focus on the larger scale trucks. Thank you very much for the offer though. Like Brandon said were working on the web site right now just thought we would test the waters a bit to see what interest there is out there. So far I have three courses built. And we really need the trucks to drive on them. Thanks agian guys for the support.
madscrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:37 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRCCRAWLER1.9 View Post
well. you could create an account on a website that takes donations, and those donations go straight to you! IMO that realy shows us the donator some progress!

They really have these?

Heres low down. I paid in full to a company to build two websites for us one was KRAWLIN4KIDS.ORG and they basically dropped ball on us cause this shoulda been done 6 months plus ago.
Now im suing them so well see if I can get my money back...
I hate some people these days...,UNFORTUNATE
Old 02-06-2011, 01:42 PM   #16
RCC Addict

ouch! that sucks. hope you get your money back man.

but idk, theres a youtube channel called CTFxC where, the guys sisters dog was injured and asked people to donate some money since their only like college grads or close to that, so they lead their viewers to donate some money, to help her dog recover.
Old 02-06-2011, 01:43 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

nice thing you are doing here.
El Matador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: KRAWLIN4KIDS.org Prototype Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIFE View Post
They really have these?
I know this is old now, but if you guys are still doing this, you can get a website from BlackBaud for free that links right up to a paypal account to accept donations. My daughter raises money for a local brain injury association and we have set one up for her here.

Its just a very simple site, but I have my own website I made that links to this one and back for the donations part.

I love the idea of the micro and course for kids. I'd love to see this go farther, and even try to get some going for our local hospitals here.
schiesz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: KRAWLIN4KIDS.org Prototype Course

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiesz View Post
I know this is old now, but if you guys are still doing this, you can get a website from BlackBaud for free that links right up to a paypal account to accept donations. My daughter raises money for a local brain injury association and we have set one up for her here.

Its just a very simple site, but I have my own website I made that links to this one and back for the donations part.

I love the idea of the micro and course for kids. I'd love to see this go farther, and even try to get some going for our local hospitals here.

Thanks for the info I really appreciate it.....
Haven't really talked to Lance lately about building courses/im outta money for now plus lost money i spent to have websites built.-Put me back $800.00
I'll check into this / might help me get something up & moving forward again..