Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Tougher than expected

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2006, 06:27 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Tougher than expected

have a 1/6 jeep, pretty hacked up, and a 1/6 scorpion, stock, and the news said no rain, but its arkansas, and i told mom i was going mudding with the nylint, be back soon, i get back, they were both submerged in a deep water hole and i set them outside for the mud to dry and so i can just squeeze the tires and the mud will fall off, went to friends house and we were messing with his new pups, (only 1/4 mile down the road) and i hear snack crackle booooom, oh shiat!!!!!!! drive home and dad said it has been raining for 10 minutes and the nylints were in the mid of our basketball court aka, driveway w/ goal , so instead of taking them insidel, i take em down and put them in the shed, something to do with moms and mud on the carpet came home in the slump thinking i just wasted 300 dollar worth of wheeling fun, had to unclog the on/off switch on both, and they started to pur, and they drove for a good 30 minutes, out of charge, jeep is a 1st gen, got it for xmas, scorp about 4 months old, i have other stories to tell about my nylints and recking and still coming back from the grave, how about you guys

Taylor
zpmps2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-2006, 08:03 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

i didn't have that much luck, i already fried 2 sets of electronics, getting my 3rd set tomorrow.
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2006, 08:04 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodzach
i didn't have that much luck, i already fried 2 sets of electronics, getting my 3rd set tomorrow.
-Dalton
did you try to mod yours or what, im also running no shocks, seems to help, but i need a tt bad, just dont think i could get it back together the same, im just planning on a stick????

Taylor
zpmps2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 06:42 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotrodzach
-Dalton
-I think that's what I did to mine. In the course of a TT, it's very easy to break a wire loose or push things together that shouldn't touch. I did it again yesterday on the TT of my replacement chassis. :-x Luckiily managed to solder them back on but that's only because the break was obvious...
AmigaJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 10:08 AM   #5
Pebble Pounder

TT's are easy, and you wont break or slice anything. Remove the wire guard from the bottom and the other wire guard the keeps the strands secure inside the tummy, after removing them you can easily pull ALL the wires out from the bottom and lift them all the way to the side. The boards wont touch and and the wires are safe from being cut or frayed etc.

As far as stories go i was cruisin around my wheeling spot and decided to hit my "matterhorn" i made it halfway up before the nose of the jeep started comming up, it rolled down the rock hill, and landed in the creek at the bottom.........still runs great. Score one for me
Canadian Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2006, 01:44 PM   #6
RCC Addict

The bodies do a decent job imitating an unbrella. You could probably leave em out in light rain and it'll just flow off the body.

These suckers are actually tougher than most say they are. I am still on my original gen1 that is 9 months old, abused 3-4x a week, and went submarine-ing last spring. I accidently rolled down a hill and the rig went right into the creek. Nothing but four tires were floating and the rig was upside down, completely submerged. I removed the battery, opened the axles and set a fan on it for a couple days and it ran just fine after The only other carnage with my gen1 is a snapped axle u-joint which i fixed with a drill bit piece. My other gen2 is doing just fine too....
muddeprived is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 02:24 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

yeah i did mod mine but that wasn't the problem, both times mine fell in our pond and died. i was running no body the first time, but got it out fast...didn't help though, the next day it was dead, and the second it just sunk and i couldn't get it for a few minutes, and it was turned on the whole time...it was dead immediately
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 06:23 PM   #8
RCC Addict

No words needed.
http://media.putfile.com/nylint-fun
trickedoutTLT06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2006, 07:09 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trickedoutnylint06
nice carnage...so what broke?