Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Rylo 360

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2018, 10:47 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Rylo 360

Was looking for a new action camera and the stepson turned me on to the Rylo 360. He had just recently purchased one to document his marathon runs. With a little more research I decided that one would be cool for filming trail/crawl runs. Don't have it in my hands yet I have to wait til Monday for Amazon to deliver it.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2018, 06:52 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Rylo 360

The Rylo 360 showed up today, well part of it did. It comes with what Rylo calls an Everyday Case & it's packed in it;s own box. Well the Everyday Case didn't make it into the shipping box so all I got was the camera. Bought it at Amazon so after an hour in chat with them I'm returning the one I got today and ordered another on with delivery May 8th. Crazy way of doing business seems to me it would have been easier to send me the Everyday case. It was from one of their 3rd party sellers which made things even more complicated. So now I have to wait another day to play with it.
Old 05-10-2018, 06:17 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Sent the 1/2 Rylo back and got a replacement. Low and behold the 1st one was an Open Box even though it wasn't listed as such. Negative seller feedback on that one.
The 2nd one takes decent video, totally different concept of video taping. You do all the composing after the fact because the camera was taking video 360 around itself. The issue I'm have now is trying to edit the video. I start going through it making it the way I want it then all of a sudden the screen goes white and goes back to the home screen. You edit your video on your phone or a high powered tablet. I'm Android so the app is a little behind their main iPhone app. Working with Rylo tech support trying to iron this out.

Last edited by Gramps; 05-12-2018 at 08:11 PM.
Old 05-12-2018, 08:23 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

For me the Rylo had to many issues, the white/black screen of death that they think is being cause by my OS which is 8.0.0 Android. Sounds like someone fishing to me. Second it stores the video files you download from the camera on the internal memory of the phone (S which has an SD card. When I questioned them they told me that it was because Android wouldn't let them write to the SD card, which is wrong you can write to the SD card but only in your own directory, not all over the card.

May revisit it someday in the future but for now I returned it and bought a Gropro Hero 6 Black. I must say I am liking it much better. This is my 1st GoPro and I must say I am impressed, connects with the app using wifi no issues and it hasn't dropped the connection like my Runcam 2 always does. The other thing I like is that I can connect the USB cable and copy the files to my laptop. On both my Runcam 2 & Mobius you have to take the Sd card out and mount it on the laptop. The GoPro will transfer the files to the phone suing wifi but Ireally don't want the files on my phone. From my understanding GoPro has an excellent Desktop app but it's only for Windows or Mac, no Linux which is what I use.
Old 05-14-2018, 10:58 AM   #5
Rock Crawler

In general i find the consumer 360 cameras too buggy and not good enough IQ

Judging from what i see and hear on the net, i am not in a financial place where i can afford trying this out on my own dime.
Peaker is offline   Reply With Quote

Rylo 360 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
360° Wraith.. magic2002 Videos! 11 09-14-2012 12:13 PM
X-Box 360 ? run2jeepn Chit Chat 16 12-18-2010 06:40 AM
Xbox 360 47willysbuggy Chit Chat 11 02-28-2010 06:10 PM