RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   New Futaba 4PX (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/494318-new-futaba-4px.html)

EverettY 05-08-2014 09:46 AM

New Futaba 4PX

Just saw this... Looks pretty crazy... I like the big backlit screen on it... Hopefully it still has the drop down wheel on it too.

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/...ps74037db5.jpg

cherokee95 05-08-2014 09:50 AM

Re: New Futaba 4PX

I saw this too, just reviled at a show in Japan. That damn Harley guy can't give us any info yet......I already tried lol. Probably going to have to sell my 4PKS so I can get this.

gpilot2000 05-08-2014 10:39 AM

A bit more info here Futaba 4PX Info - Blog kentech

Harley 05-08-2014 10:56 AM

The new features list is pretty extensive. I need to go that link and see how much of the info is there/correct. If a lot of it is there maybe I can talk a little more about it.

Harley 05-08-2014 11:05 AM

It has been shown at a number of places now that it will work with both FASST (C2) and FHSS. Thats a nice bonus since there are some nice cheap RX options that are lightweight, small, and have the plugs oriented nicely.

http://www.modellhobby.de/k_staufenb...1F1005_b_0.JPG

There isn't much else on that link with any good info. Looks like most of the good stuff is still pretty quiet.

There are even some things in that picture that people haven't noticed. :ror:

Calderwood 05-08-2014 11:31 AM

It will be nice when we get a description that isn't in chinglish. I am really liking the display and the fact that you can reach the rotary pot with your left thumb. Should be awesome for supers/4ws.

Harley 05-08-2014 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Calderwood (Post 4770071)
It will be nice when we get a description that isn't in chinglish. I am really liking the display and the fact that you can reach the rotary pot with your left thumb. Should be awesome for supers/4ws.

Hopefully soon. The feature list has NOT been finalized yet, I called this afternoon to ask when we could talk about it but still no date and many of the non-hardware components are still being tweaked.

Yes it should be great for the supers/4WS.

minnesotamudder 05-08-2014 11:59 AM

it looks nice, but hopefully it has the same fetures of spektrum where you can have 2 radios and 2 trucks, both radios are bound to both trucks and you can still each drive a truck with out the radio trying to controll both.

Harley 05-08-2014 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by minnesotamudder (Post 4770094)
it looks nice, but hopefully it has the same fetures of spektrum where you can have 2 radios and 2 trucks, both radios are bound to both trucks and you can still each drive a truck with out the radio trying to controll both.

I don't see that nor do I really see it being recommended to Futaba. RX's are bound to one radio only. Futaba radios will run one RX on multiple models, unlike spektrum. This is a nice bonus for having specific setups for different conditions. Such as I have a high speed model and a crawling/trailing model for my latest build.

Calderwood 05-08-2014 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 4770104)
I don't see that nor do I really see it being recommended to Futaba. RX's are bound to one radio only. Futaba radios will run one RX on multiple models, unlike spektrum. This is a nice bonus for having specific setups for different conditions. Such as I have a high speed model and a crawling/trailing model for my latest build.

I agree that that's one of the benefits, not a negative. Makes it easy to let my sons or GF drive my high powered rigs.

GRIMGREG 05-08-2014 01:12 PM

At the same time, I can see Spektrum's reasoning for being model specific on binding, that way you don't switch on in a model with no end point settings and blow a steering servo, etc. It kind of idiot proofs things. Having multiple parameter sets per model would be a nice option though, like maybe having sub models.

Calderwood 05-08-2014 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GRIMGREG (Post 4770162)
At the same time, I can see Spektrum's reasoning for being model specific on binding, that way you don't switch on in a model with no end point settings and blow a steering servo, etc. It kind of idiot proofs things. Having multiple parameter sets per model would be a nice option though, like maybe having sub models.

Only idiots need something to be idiot proof. :lmao:

2003EDGE 05-08-2014 02:48 PM

Would figure that I would buy a 4pls and then this thing would come along!

Looks awesome! I really like the display!

Berman 05-08-2014 03:14 PM

Pretty sweet on the cross compatibility, Those R2106GF receivers are perfect for the EXO, I had one inside the factory receiver box with esc, servo, two fans, bec and light set plugs all fitting in there nicely and the antenna wire as well with no issues.

I might hold out for one of these, I have approx 25-30 Futaba radios, from early 80's to current models and they have all been flawless, wish I could say the same about my glitchy DX3C currently in my wraith :roll:

Session 05-08-2014 03:49 PM

Hey Harley, This is a nice move forward for Futaba but are they ever going to get away from all of the buttons and directional joystick nob thingies needed to navigate through sub menu after sub menu? Having to scroll through endless options and then push and then scroll some more. I don't think it is even easy for people that know what they are doing to operate these radios let alone a newer person like myself.

If the world has made cell phones simple to use why can't they make transmitters that way too? iPhones don't come with 1/4 inch thick instruction manuals because they are intuitive and don't need to. See what you need and touch it simple! FlySky has a unit that while I am sure it is not up to Futaba standards it works just like a phone. It even has instructions built in so you don't need a manual for everything.

2003EDGE 05-08-2014 06:43 PM

I can tell you this much...my 4pls that I just got is a whole lot easier to program than my airtronics M11 was!!!

Harley 05-08-2014 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2003EDGE (Post 4770261)
Would figure that I would buy a 4pls and then this thing would come along!

Looks awesome! I really like the display!

The 4PLS is still a fantastic radio, and bang for the buck it is the way I would suggest 95% of the crawlers to go. The 4PK is really for 5% or less of the crawling community and I have no problem telling most people to save the cash and buy the 4PLS. Hell I run my 4PL or 4PLS on my rigs often times, especially trail runs where falling with the radio is a higher risk.

TEDROCKZ 05-08-2014 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harley (Post 4770800)
.... where falling with the radio is a higher risk.

Crawlapalooza 2013 come to mind? That was the best fail and save combined ever:lmao:

Also what was it in the pic you said no one had not noticed yet? I'm sub 4pk type clueless...:(

Harley 05-08-2014 11:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEDROCKZ (Post 4770806)
Crawlapalooza 2013 come to mind? That was the best fail and save combined ever:lmao:

Also what was it in the pic you said no one had not noticed yet? I'm sub 4pk type clueless...:(

HAHA! Perfect example, that was my 4PLS.

You'll see on the obvious new feature as soon as details are public. I'm not totally sure on how functional it will be for me personally but it's an interesting idea...

hatefulboy 05-09-2014 05:47 AM

Looks like you could move the two knobs/buttons behind the steering wheel from one side to the other? Guess I was wrong its to make it left or right handed.