RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/574054-tower-hobbies-no-coupons-axial-kits.html)

JatoTheRipper 11-28-2016 09:30 AM

Re: Tower Hobbies No Coupons on Axial Kits

Quote:

Originally Posted by XSRCdesign (Post 5595755)
And what I'm saying is, It was the parent company's decision to protect their largest customer base.

I have no problem with you choosing to go elsewhere, in fact if you read what I actually said I'm excited about that.

But not buying from Tower because of the coupon changes and only the coupon changes is kinda not really doing anything, other retailers will have to follow suit, and at the end of the day your buying an axial product still puts the money in the same place.

I'm sorry if my comments offended you, I don't think I'm pompous. But it's the internet, what can you do.

You didn't offend me, but that one comment about me feeling like I'm being held down by the man just wasn't true. For the record, I don't think you're pompous either. I usually agree with things you say. "thumbsup"

I understand what you're saying about Axial/HobbiCo forcing price fixing on everybody. Yes, in that case buying Axial products from anywhere is the same and you would have to avoid Axial totally to make a point with your money.

XSRCdesign 11-28-2016 09:40 AM

The issue is it was a bad business practice in general to undercut your retailers. Eventually stopping it would ultimately crack a few eggs, but not stopping it could have killed the whole hen house.

Imagine chevy selling cars at $5000 less then at a dealer if you ordered direct. Dealers would go out of business. And then when you need help, where would you go?

You've already seen what it's like having to return stuff with RMA, and credit cards.

Even pricing creates a more competitive environment and gives the local stores a chance. Right now they are fighting a losing battle, and your in store experience is a direct reflection of that.

Tyler75 12-05-2016 02:25 PM

Bummer, my kid has been saving up for almost a year for an scx10.
That sure hurts an 11yr olds ability to work hard and purchase truck.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Sapes 12-05-2016 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyler75 (Post 5599783)
Bummer, my kid has been saving up for almost a year for an scx10.
That sure hurts an 11yr olds ability to work hard and purchase truck.

It does but truly this is not the hobby for an 11 year to do by himself. Even if he got a deal on the kit, the batteries and parts, etc are also expensive . It really is not a kids hobby. It still does suck for your son though and I hope he gets his truck.

Tyler75 12-05-2016 02:40 PM

Yea supervision is good. That's why his 13 yr old brother and I both have scx10. We have fun.

gbean 12-08-2016 03:28 AM

LOL, only reason I ever order from tower is the Gift certificates in the schwag bags at Axialfest...
Outside of that RPP and my LHS are always a far better deal.

rustneversleeps 12-08-2016 09:07 AM

Well if we can't get any discounts on Axial kit or RTR may as well buy RC4WD $ 63 coupon....."thumbsup"

Smonkman 12-08-2016 09:45 AM

I picked up an RC4WD Beast II kit off of Tower on Black Friday for under $400 shipped.

84yoda 12-08-2016 03:13 PM

Like I mentioned earlier in this thread, they should have waited till after the new year. But at the same time, they are going to see a huge cut in sales this Christmas. So hopefully they will realize there mistake. "thumbsup"

rustneversleeps 12-08-2016 03:40 PM

to bad towers doesn't sell the CrossRC or other European rc's products."thumbsup"
they are the one of the pioneers of scale rc's ,but that whole new topic...

mikemcE 12-08-2016 03:44 PM

Sadly no mistake , I am cheap, but have no issue with them doing this to protect the retail dealers....

Not sure where anyone said this HOBBY has to be affordable.... If you wanna play you gotta pay!

Hang up and Drive

RcBro 12-09-2016 11:28 PM

Lets not forget those whom support this website. Last I checked only TowerHobbies is sponsoring the 12 Days of Christmas with 12 $25 Gift Certificates. Several of the companies listed in this thread are not..

They do care about us crawling peoples "thumbsup"

mikebecher 12-10-2016 12:53 AM

It was just a matter of time, RPP is no longer offering discounts on Axial kits as well...
Crawler Kits

allanon1965 12-10-2016 02:09 AM

I reckon i dont understand this coupon crap....i thought this was a tower hobbies coupon..that tower was absorbing the discount coupons... So am i incorrect in presuming this?

So the way i now understand this....axial is telling tower they are not allowed to offer coupons on axial crawlers...but parts are okay to offer the coupons on? Why dont they cut out the coupons on all of their products instead of just the crawlers...

I also seem to infer that if tower doesnt stop the coupons on axial crawlers that they wont get any more to sell...just as rpp is saying no more discounts on axial crawlers?
If this is the case, then i suppose we should just stop expecting discounts on anything we buy..unless the manufacturers decide to throw us a bone and allow a coupon or two..

This goes for all discounts and coupons for anything sold in retail..
When you buy your next car from the dealer, dont ask for a deal or any discount as that may hurt the dealer in the next town ..since you didnt get it from him...

Maybe i am over simplifying it...or taking it the wrong way...its late and i am tired....

tstmonkey 12-10-2016 08:10 AM

It's axial saying they can't accept coupons. All retailers can't accept the discount codes. There are other Hobbies like Airsoft and others that do the same thing. If they accept the discounts they can loose the right to sell that product.

JatoTheRipper 12-10-2016 09:11 AM

Axial and Tower are both part of HobbiCo. At the end of the day they're one in the same.

They gave me one less reason to get and recommend the Axial products now.

allanon1965 12-10-2016 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tstmonkey (Post 5602331)
It's axial saying they can't accept coupons. All retailers can't accept the discount codes. There are other Hobbies like Airsoft and others that do the same thing. If they accept the discounts they can loose the right to sell that product.

I would like to know why...i dont buy the argument that its to help the local hobby shops out. I think if that was the case, wouldnt you include everything in that so called policy?

I know practically every manufacturer makes more money on replacement parts than the sale of the vehicle itself, full size or toy...Axial sells its own upgraded parts for the rigs it sells..

My local hobby shop has always matched the discounts tower used to give on the rigs and he is still in business. He has expanded his crawler parts that he carries and has some good people working for him, hell he has expanded his business quite a bit in tje last year or so. You would have a hard time showing anyone that the discount coupons hurt his business.

mikemcE 12-10-2016 03:48 PM

My retailer will match prices, when I spend 400 or more, they can't come close to my discounted coupon / club prices.... I've seen his cost so I know value, he hasn't sold me ONE RC .... tower and RPP are at 6....
Now he would sell me some , and keep the doors open.

I really laugh at this whole thread as if Hobbico cares, bottom line as all good businesses need to survive.

Hang up and Drive

84yoda 12-10-2016 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allanon1965 (Post 5602452)
My local hobby shop has always matched the discounts tower used to give on the rigs and he is still in business. He has expanded his crawler parts that he carries and has some good people working for him, hell he has expanded his business quite a bit in tje last year or so. You would have a hard time showing anyone that the discount coupons hurt his business.

See, a lot of hobby shop cant/wont do this. I've heard of hobby shops jackin up prices too!!

But your lucky, your LHS must buy a lot and he's able to get a bigger discount to match towers coupons. That would be awesome if all hobby shop could do this.

kikcaffine 12-10-2016 08:37 PM

They'll end up swapping the coupon code discounts for tower cash in the long run.