Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: G made R1 crawler bearing fits

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2017, 09:11 PM   #1

Default G made R1 crawler bearing fits

I am not too happy about the loose fits on some bearings in the differentials. How good is a bearing if it is very loose in the plastic insert hole. Severals bearings specially the 1150 's are way too loose . I had to put a bit of silicone prior installation so the bearing fit tight in their holes. G made should redo the differentials so this problem is solved. Leaving the bearings turning in their insert will destroy the casing in a short run. Good thing these don't turn very fast.

Last edited by Capucine; 02-13-2017 at 09:16 PM.
Capucine is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2017, 09:55 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default G made R1 crawler bearing fits

I dont seem to have that issue in my r1. I wonder if you can get replacement parts under warranty or something?.?. Your frustration is completely understandable.

Ive had this issue in a set of axial knuckles I bought for my bomber. If there are more remedies to this issue, I too would love to hear them.

Last edited by CR4NK; 02-13-2017 at 09:58 PM.
CR4NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2017, 03:45 PM   #3

Default Re: G made R1 crawler bearing fits

The sawback differentials has the same problems with bearings that fits too loose and turns in the plastic. I found this problem at the bevel shaft where the drive shaft connect and also in the portal end caps. It does not prevent the differential to work but will cause wear in the plastic because the whole bearing is turning. I have 2 sawback with the same issues . With some attention to this issue by putting a small bead of silicone and inserting the bearing it will not turn and will act as a bearing.when you insert your bearing and you turn the part upside down and the bearing fall down it means that the fit is too loose. The bearing must stay without falling by itself as it is doing now. The problem is more evident with the 1150 bearings than the 850 size bearings.

Last edited by Capucine; 02-14-2017 at 03:57 PM.
Capucine is offline   Reply With Quote

G made R1 crawler bearing fits - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
3 videos / 3 Styles - made with my FT011 - Which do you think fits best the boat? _sOnGoKu_ Chit Chat 4 08-17-2016 09:14 AM
Bearing List for G-Made? FastEddy G-Made Crawlers 3 01-08-2014 09:02 AM
1 body fits 2 now, rs10 crawler with truck body 'mod' reelycrawler Paint and Body 0 06-03-2012 08:22 AM
Is there a beetle shell that fits micro crawler biggusditchus Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 4 05-26-2010 05:26 PM