Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: need experienced help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2007, 07:53 PM   #1

Default need experienced help

we are making an extreme mod. 55T lathe motors, shaved, completely, locked in low and so on. i ll put up some pics when its done, but so i need help with shocks. when you build custome rc the people in the shops look at you like you are from outer space. " i ve got a nylint axle and a nitro-semi truck chassis and i m building a rockcrawler..." i m needing an oil filled shock that will limit itself that is close to the length of the nylint shock. we have always used the nylint shocks on our mods but with everything we are trying to figure out a suspension similar to a stick wih 2 shocks. trying to eliminate every gram of weight and gain every bit of performance. the bargin bin and ebay have been helpful for cheap aluminum nitro chassis that are easy to manipulate. only ive been saving these parts to do this mod for several months. if anyone has any suggestions on a dual tire rear end...that would help too. right now we are putting em together with a small section of pvc pipe between the wheels. by the way this is for my 3 year old. My buddy nevers and i are going to school at harley davidson U in florida...building harleys doesnt get old but its fun to mod out a rocker every once in a while. any help is aprieciated. thanks pennington
ebonysglass is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2007, 11:31 AM   #2
Rock Crawler

savage shocks are generally the preferred replacement on the 1/6 nylints. For the Dually look, most people are just putting 2 tires on 1 rim.
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2007, 03:25 AM   #3

ok so we have a "rolling chassis" suspension problems solved. this thing is huge, i actually have to have 2 tires on both sides to support the rig. yes its that big. we going to take a pic with my almost 4 year old son under neath it. how do i post a pic?
Old 01-30-2007, 10:09 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

here's how to post pics, or you could buy a star and upload directly to the site. Posting Pics For Dummies
-Dalton
hotrodzach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 03:39 AM   #5

http://
Old 02-01-2007, 05:49 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Holy cow, that's huge. It doesn't look like the springs support the weight. The pivots on top of the axles support the weight and you're just using the springs to counteract extreme tipping to one side or the other? Interesting concept. Innovative!
JasonA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 02:31 PM   #7

wow, i really had nt put that much thought into the suspension, nevers came up with that idea, he calls it nipendenso shocks, but i think it only works in conjunction with the dual rear tires to offset the giant battery on top.