RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   What’s the verdict on Cross rc? (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/600567-what%92s-verdict-cross-rc.html)

Desmo 07-18-2018 02:06 AM

What’s the verdict on Cross rc?

I really like the look of the multi axle Cross rc rigs. They seem to be quite pricey, but the kits look like they are fun builds. What’s the quality of like, and are they worth the money. Wich of the Cross kit’s do you recommend and why?

JMD 07-18-2018 02:12 AM

Re: What’s the verdict on Cross rc?

I’m really interested in finding more out about the Demon. I was thinking the lexan body “B” version might be right for me.

Teng 07-18-2018 03:28 AM

I also would like to know how good is the quality on cross rc. I like the new coming soon SP4https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...5e208c6f79.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TooOldForThis 07-18-2018 06:30 AM

Subscribed. Cross RC's seem a little quirky in some ways, but I'm definitely intrigued by them. I like how many different flavors of the Demon are available, it's like picking from different trim levels on a real truck. "thumbsup"

Greatscott 07-18-2018 06:34 AM

Sounds like they are trying to be another RC4WD. Lets hope their quality is up a couple of notches from RC4WD.

svt923 07-18-2018 07:05 AM

I love the look of the HC4 and GC4 but I really wish they were bigger.

If I'm going to build a big, old military style truck, I don't want something only slightly larger than a TF2.

JatoTheRipper 07-18-2018 07:11 AM

By all accounts CrossRC's quality is higher than RC4WD. Unlike RC4WD they make running improvements to their vehicles. So if there are issues with the CrossRC kits they fix them rather than continuing to sell defective kits like RC4WD.

Greatscott 07-18-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5852218)
By all accounts CrossRC's quality is higher than RC4WD. Unlike RC4WD they make running improvements to their vehicles. So if there are issues with the CrossRC kits they fix them rather than continuing to sell defective kits like RC4WD.

So, we shouldn't expect a 30-page thread from Cross RC about all of the mods and upgrade parts you have to do and get to make their $500 kits (before electronics) to actually perform like $500 kits?

JatoTheRipper 07-18-2018 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greatscott (Post 5852265)
So, we shouldn't expect a 30-page thread from Cross RC about all of the mods and upgrade parts you have to do and get to make their $500 kits (before electronics) to actually perform like $500 kits?

:lmao: probably not!

But as long as people keep overpaying for RC4WD kits they have no reason to change or update them. People blindly support RC4WD and their flaws. Heck, go look at my Turd Finder 2 build thread. You'll see I was called a complainer for voicing the issues with my kit. That's called being a blind fanboi or getting free crap from said company.

Greatscott 07-19-2018 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 5852270)
:lmao: probably not!

But as long as people keep overpaying for RC4WD kits they have no reason to change or update them. People blindly support RC4WD and their flaws. Heck, go look at my Turd Finder 2 build thread. You'll see I was called a complainer for voicing the issues with my kit. That's called being a blind fanboi or getting free crap from said company.

I tried two builds, and was happy with neither. They looked like a $500 kit, but performed like a $50 kit. The last one the body did not fit correctly on the frame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Desmo (Post 5852181)
I really like the look of the multi axle Cross rc rigs. They seem to be quite pricey, but the kits look like they are fun builds. What’s the quality of like, and are they worth the money. Wich of the Cross kit’s do you recommend and why?

REALLY like the look of their multi-axle rigs. I just wish they were 1/14 scale, that would make them to the same scale as the Tamiya semi-trucks and trailers.

2mtech 04-23-2020 12:19 PM

Resurrecting a dinosaur here, but since was the most relevant search result forum specific to the topic I thought it appropriate to post here.

I ordered a Cross RC PG-4L Dually Longbed truck kit last night. I've been curious about Cross for quite a while and have liked this one as long, so I pulled the trigger. I haven't read or seen a whole lot about the truck, or the brand for that matter, so I decided to shoot a note to CrossRC-US about 1:30 am asking about customer support and parts availability.

Bob himself sent a reply less than half an hour after they opened this morning. I doubt he'd mind me quoting here"

We stock almost everything Cross makes including parts which comes from almost 5 years of sales experience with the Cross brand and 30 years (just me) of RC retail experience. HRP distributing is our partner in distribution.

The fast response and assurance of parts support were worthy of a warm fuzzy. "thumbsup"

Raguvian 04-23-2020 12:27 PM

I know CrossRC CS is pretty good, but their shipping/distribution takes forever. I ordered a HobbyPlus CR18 from them last month, when it said they were in stock, but I got an email the next day saying it actually wasn't in stock. I figured it wouldn't take that long for them to restock so I kept my order in, but 3+ weeks later I still don't have an update on when they'll be getting another shipment in.

I'm being patient because they were super responsive and helpful with my order, and I got it for a steal (IMO) but I'm getting impatient because I want to start crawling indoors. :D

JatoTheRipper 04-23-2020 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2mtech (Post 6016581)
Resurrecting a dinosaur here, but since was the most relevant search result forum specific to the topic I thought it appropriate to post here.

I ordered a Cross RC PG-4L Dually Longbed truck kit last night. I've been curious about Cross for quite a while and have liked this one as long, so I pulled the trigger. I haven't read or seen a whole lot about the truck, or the brand for that matter, so I decided to shoot a note to CrossRC-US about 1:30 am asking about customer support and parts availability.

Bob himself sent a reply less than half an hour after they opened this morning. I doubt he'd mind me quoting here"

We stock almost everything Cross makes including parts which comes from almost 5 years of sales experience with the Cross brand and 30 years (just me) of RC retail experience. HRP distributing is our partner in distribution.

The fast response and assurance of parts support were worthy of a warm fuzzy. "thumbsup"

Bob, or Robert, is a great guy. When I wanted my Rock Rey kit, he put me in touch with a competitor that had it. And one of my friends deals with him for CrossRC stuff. Along with owning that website, he also owns two HobbyTown USA stores so you are, in a sense, supporting a local hobby shop.

2mtech 04-23-2020 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raguvian (Post 6016588)
I know CrossRC CS is pretty good, but their shipping/distribution takes forever. I ordered a HobbyPlus CR18 from them last month, when it said they were in stock, but I got an email the next day saying it actually wasn't in stock. I figured it wouldn't take that long for them to restock so I kept my order in, but 3+ weeks later I still don't have an update on when they'll be getting another shipment in.

I'm being patient because they were super responsive and helpful with my order, and I got it for a steal (IMO) but I'm getting impatient because I want to start crawling indoors. :D

I ordered mine off ebay from one of my usual stores so I'm sure I'll fare better!

Quote:

Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper (Post 6016614)
Bob, or Robert, is a great guy. When I wanted my Rock Rey kit, he put me in touch with a competitor that had it. And one of my friends deals with him for CrossRC stuff. Along with owning that website, he also owns two HobbyTown USA stores so you are, in a sense, supporting a local hobby shop.

Well, that's cool! Thanks for sharing that. "thumbsup"