Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: extreme scaler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2019, 02:38 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default extreme scaler

Hello everyone, I would like to create an extreme scaler keeping the weight as light as possible, so no aesthetic accessories or bumper flashy, at most a servant boar ... as a frame I thought of the King Evo of Rc Light Model and body certainly one of those of RC light model in lexan 1mm (the Hilux is the one I like most...)
https://rclightmodel.wixsite.com/index/telaio-king-evo
https://rclightmodel.wixsite.com/index/scaler
links and bars of stiffening aluminum frame, Impulse Proline rims or Gmade NR02 with Proline Hyrax G8 tires with ultra soft foams ... I would like it low and with little cumbersome axles (I'm evaluating those of the Vaterra Ascender, the new Gmade of the Bom and the MST of the CFX-W) for the electronic part I would experiment the coupling between a 1400KV drone outrunner engine from NTM, to understand this :
https://hobbyking.com/it_it/propdriv...ner-motor.html
and a Castle Creation Mamba Micro X...
I have also been told that in the USA there are excellent frames and carbon transmissions ... could someone advise me?
Belvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2019, 04:24 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: extreme scaler

uh...wut?
Mega Fattie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2019, 05:39 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

toyzuki chassis works well. CODYBOY here on RCC has done mods for the ascender axles.

( edit ) ...I like the hilux extreme body

Last edited by CM9000; 02-25-2019 at 05:42 PM.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2019, 08:24 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

I saw the Toyzuki and it is very nice, but I am looking for something that is more performance, I am aiming to build an RC model that is as light and as efficient as possible ... at the moment I am evaluating the All Time Low and Brazin Team edition. .. can anyone tell me how they go?
Old 04-08-2019, 08:46 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belvis View Post
I saw the Toyzuki and it is very nice, but I am looking for something that is more performance, I am aiming to build an RC model that is as light and as efficient as possible ... at the moment I am evaluating the All Time Low and Brazin Team edition. .. can anyone tell me how they go?
I'm told by one of the brazin team drivers that the team chassis does well running in droop with a forward motor mount.

He's currently changed over to the ATL, and is doing well with it. I'll ask him more about it
makya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 07:59 AM   #6
Rock Stacker

but the All Time Low does not give the best of itself with the axles of the TRX4? I would rather use or Ascender or SCX10 II axles, as a geometry of the chassis I would like to create a 4-link front and rear with servo on axle transmission and motor central on the skid, battery behind the front shock absorbers and perhaps a servo winch at the rear...
In addition, an Italian model maker recommended me the Green Mountain RC chassis, especially the ZFG Comp model:
https://greenmountainrc.myshopify.co...g-comp-chassis
as far as the carbon fiber transmission is concerned, for the moment I found only those from Dlux Fab:
https://dluxfab.ecwid.com/#!/Cheez-B...egory=12405706
https://dluxfab.ecwid.com/#!/Ham-Ber...egory=12405706
can anyone recommend me others? To see what's on the market and choose the one that's right for me ...
Old 04-10-2019, 12:53 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Hi,

Did you look at the hillkiller chassis from classicutcustoms ?
CyberFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2019, 07:49 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

no, I didn't know him ... thanks a lot for the advice, but I would like to avoid the rear cantilever shocks...
Old 04-10-2019, 01:13 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
no, I didn't know him ... thanks a lot for the advice, but I would like to avoid the rear cantilever shocks...
holes are compatibles with axial scx10 shock towers
another owner of this chassis on french forum used it:
https://rccrawler-france.com/forum/t...-2#post-438557
(sorry, I can't manage to add pics from this forum here)

I will also use it on mine as soon as I'll receive it.
Old 04-12-2019, 06:52 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I received my axial shock towers, it is now on my car:

Old 04-12-2019, 08:20 AM   #11

diggin' those curved links!
roverroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2019, 03:06 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

I contacted ClassiCutCustoms to ask if it was possible to modify the HillKiller chassis to have the towers of the rear shock absorbers integrated, unfortunately it told me that it cannot be done... but I would be interested in his carbon transmission, someone knows it? I would like to hear the opinion of someone who has used it, the top would be if someone knew both this and those of Dlux Fab to have a comparison...
Old 04-13-2019, 11:27 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Why is the Toyzuki not performance? Can you link where people say that? I know I have said it, but I have never seen any one else say it.

The toyzuki v2 is a well made chassis that is highly configurable. there is also the v3 that might offer better performance If your trying to have a lower skid plate.

I don't think its magical, but I would not say it can't perform well. It's definitely worth checking out.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2019, 07:18 AM   #14
Rock Stacker

no no, I explained myself wrong ... I didn't mean that the Toyzuki are not good chassis and don't have good performances... simply that it's not the type of chassis I'm looking for... also because I only know this:
https://www.amainhobbies.com/toyzuki...oy2019/p578760
and it is not for me for this project because I would like it more angled and I do not care about the tranfer case and the foward motor.. the V3 you are talking about I can't find it, would you please link a photo?
Old 04-15-2019, 01:58 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

oh yea, no get the v3 for that whitetrash just posted pictures of one here
Quote:
Originally Posted by WHITE-TRASH View Post
A V1 or V2 will work but you're going to have a monster truck. The V3 has a lot more rise above the axles to keep the chassis low.

This is my V3, nice & low over the axles.
there are different ways to set it up, you pretty much need to join the toyzuki fan page on facebook and message Ben to get what you want, different transfercase styles and whut not

Last edited by Voodoobrew; 04-15-2019 at 02:04 AM.
Voodoobrew is offline   Reply With Quote

extreme scaler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
C.I.S.E the Italian Scaler Extreme Championship Final Race 2014 maxbonv Outside the US 4 11-26-2014 12:30 AM
Rc Scaler Action, Extreme Terrain stelerzman Videos! 0 01-01-2013 08:48 PM
RC EXTREME Snow Wheelin - Alaska Scaler Run Mchugh Creek 3.22.09 akguanja Videos! 2 03-24-2009 11:39 AM
Project "Extreme Trail" Toyota Scaler 51WillysJeep 1.9 Scale Rigs 4 02-09-2008 07:40 PM