RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   General Crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/)
-   -   Need suggestions on aftermarket chassi, no specific class rules (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/general-crawlers/611055-need-suggestions-aftermarket-chassi-no-specific-class-rules.html)

Johan_Eriksson 08-18-2019 10:52 AM

Need suggestions on aftermarket chassi, no specific class rules

Today I have a toyzuki v2 with a 2.5 transfer case and 1.9 tires. I run 3s 500mah with a revolver 1800kv. As for class rules here in Sweden there basically are non.
I want a truck to be able to run the regular 1/10 body. I would prefer it with some over drive. What else is there then toyzuki that can do that using ar44 axles.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

punkindrublik 08-18-2019 06:49 PM

Re: Need suggestions on chassi, no specific class rules

https://www.brazinscalerc.com/chassis

Johan_Eriksson 08-18-2019 10:28 PM

Re: Need suggestions on chassi, no specific class rules

Quote:

Originally Posted by punkindrublik (Post 5957048)

Where is the overdrive option?

CyberFox 08-19-2019 12:48 AM

Re: Need suggestions on aftermarket chassi, no specific class rules

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johan_Eriksson (Post 5956977)
I would prefer it with some over drive. What else is there then toyzuki that can do that using ar44 axles.

One of my cars has hillkiller v4 chassis with axial tranmission, I think I will replace it with enduro sendero transmission to have over / under drive.

ferp420 08-19-2019 08:27 AM

the over/underdrive is in the axles or transmission/tcase or both the chassie dosent have anything to do with it
you do need a skid to fit the trans so atmost you might need to drill some holes in your new chassie

Johan_Eriksson 08-20-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ferp420 (Post 5957130)
the over/underdrive is in the axles or transmission/tcase or both the chassie dosent have anything to do with it
you do need a skid to fit the trans so atmost you might need to drill some holes in your new chassie

I said I run a toyzuki v2. I guess it would be understood that I want a solution similar to that, not a diy solution. I don’t believe I said rails only.
The only possible overdrive through ar44 axles are just 11%.

hillbillyrc 08-20-2019 10:17 AM

For my understanding is that if you take out the 2.5v t-case out of the toyzuki chassis then no od/ud. So really its the t-case not the chassis. Any chassis is capable of od/ud with the right parts.

In Harley's new video he ran a vs4-10 pro with a portal rear axle and is running with gear reduction about 20% overdrive.

So combo of parts can achieve goal wanted. Just a thought.

ferp420 08-20-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johan_Eriksson (Post 5957347)
I said I run a toyzuki v2. I guess it would be understood that I want a solution similar to that, not a diy solution. I don’t believe I said rails only.
The only possible overdrive through ar44 axles are just 11%.

im still missunderstanding sorry good luck with your solution

just rember pics or it dident happen

Johan_Eriksson 08-20-2019 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hillbillyrc (Post 5957352)
For my understanding is that if you take out the 2.5v t-case out of the toyzuki chassis then no od/ud. So really its the t-case not the chassis. Any chassis is capable of od/ud with the right parts.

In Harley's new video he ran a vs4-10 pro with a portal rear axle and is running with gear reduction about 20% overdrive.

So combo of parts can achieve goal wanted. Just a thought.

Toyzuki are meant to be run as a package if you want the full benefit. I would not say just the rails
being better then anything else out there. Motor are mounted upfront which require you to use a transfer case. Using the 2.5 case give me 44% or something like that and 2.0 case are 30% something. 20% would be to little for me. Now my turning radius are so much smaller I would need 4ws with 20% :D

hillbillyrc 08-20-2019 02:56 PM

https://thecrawlspaceonline.ecwid.co...e-3-p140660080

There is this chassis, but I believe the toyzuki chassis package really is the only one as a kit of what I think your looking for.

My next question is why can you run a 1/10 truck body on your toyzuki chassis?

Voodoobrew 08-24-2019 06:46 PM

It sounds like your saying a chassis that uses standard axial skid plates and all the various transmission that can bolt up to it is too much work to piece together. That pretty much leaves you with builders kits and toyzuki. Are you also considering sporty chassis? Because you can mount a 1/10th body to anything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Johan_Eriksson 08-25-2019 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Voodoobrew (Post 5958130)
It sounds like your saying a chassis that uses standard axial skid plates and all the various transmission that can bolt up to it is too much work to piece together. That pretty much leaves you with builders kits and toyzuki. Are you also considering sporty chassis? Because you can mount a 1/10th body to anything.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I can consider a sporty but not familiar with those. As long as I can fit a axial ranger body on it I’m ok with that.