Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > General Crawlers

Notices

Thread: New FMS 1/10 FCX10 Blazer

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2024, 08:03 AM   #1

Default New FMS 1/10 FCX10 Blazer

I didn't see any posts about this yet but looks very exciting to me:

https://www.fmshobby.com/products/fm...47571915669782

The transmission sounds amazing; selectable dig, RWD, FWD, or 4WD. That, plus lockable diffs sounds like a lot of fun things to play with.

If I didn't just get an MST CFX DC1 I would have ordered already, but my RC closet is overflowing...
SpareParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-06-2024, 01:47 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New FMS 1/10 FCX10 Blazer

So I was excited when I heard that it was going to be 2WD\4WD and diff locks but unless the videos I have seen on it are wrong the only choices are Front-Wheel-Drive with rear free rolling\ Front-Wheel-Drive with locked rear\ and 4WD so no RWD donuts and then switching into 4x4 like I was hoping, actually if you could lock the front while in RWD that would be neat for little burnout action. I know that having dig option is more practical for almost everyone that does rockcrawling but for scale realism I would love to find something cheapish that had true RWD\4WD available.

Just a note I made sure to spell out "Front-Wheel-Drive" so no one confused FWD to mean Four-Wheel-Drive instead of 4WD.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 08:11 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350TacoZilla View Post
So I was excited when I heard that it was going to be 2WD\4WD and diff locks but unless the videos I have seen on it are wrong the only choices are Front-Wheel-Drive with rear free rolling\ Front-Wheel-Drive with locked rear\ and 4WD so no RWD donuts and then switching into 4x4 like I was hoping, actually if you could lock the front while in RWD that would be neat for little burnout action. I know that having dig option is more practical for almost everyone that does rockcrawling but for scale realism I would love to find something cheapish that had true RWD\4WD available.

Just a note I made sure to spell out "Front-Wheel-Drive" so no one confused FWD to mean Four-Wheel-Drive instead of 4WD.
Apparently, a diagram in the manual shows a part you can purchase to have the ability of RWD only.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2024, 09:11 AM   #4

From the manual it looks like it is set up with FWD/4WD/DIG as standard. It claims it is easy to swap it to FWD/4WD/RWD but I didn't see the specific instructions. I'd happily trade dig for RWD.
Old 03-06-2024, 08:59 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Ah cool I didn't see\hear anyone mention that so thats good to know.
350TacoZilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2024, 10:55 AM   #6

I ended up ordering one of these as a gift for a family member. I couldn't get all those features out of my head!

So far they are very happy with it and all the shifting servos are working perfectly. One little detail that I love is that they actually used warm LEDs for the headlights. I can't stand blue-white LEDs and they would look very anachronistic in an old blazer. Now I just need to solder up 4 more warm white LEDs for them to put in the roll bar lights.

There is one youtube video where the guy explains how he modified the transmission to shift to RWD instead of DIG but I am waiting for more official instructions. He used a cut-down pin, but the little blurb in the manual makes it sound simpler than that. I wonder if all you need to do is flip the dog that otherwise engages DIG.

It does seem pretty noisy but I wonder if it just needs a good greasing. I'll visit the FCX10 (and I guess my family!) in a few weeks and I am excited to see it in person.

I know it is quiet around here lately but I hope to see some others get FCX10s in the next few months.

New FMS 1/10 FCX10 Blazer - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Non portal fms blazer chevy55 Micro Scale Rigs 14 06-09-2023 10:58 AM
FMS K10 vs. FMS K5...thoughts? Wakko Micro Scale Rigs 11 05-23-2023 10:25 AM
FMS K10 vs. FMS K5...thoughts? Wakko General Scale Talk 4 05-22-2023 09:39 PM
New FMS 1:18 K5 Blazer 701 Technique General Crawlers 4 05-06-2023 05:45 PM
Using a Blazer CGR interior inside a 'full top' PLR Blazer body-Has anyone done this? BeeRC Paint and Body 4 10-31-2009 03:37 PM