Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: Hilux first gear help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Hilux first gear help

Ok so I just got a tamiya hilux wednesday and I was fiddeling around with it and I found out why it wasn't running in first gear. When I opened up the first part of the transmission, to my suprise the first gear fell out in two peices. I was totally shocked at how this had happened and how it could be fixed. Well I decided tonight that I couldn't wait any longer so I broke out the good ole JB Weld and tried to fix that sucker up. My main question is if any one knows where I can get a replacement gear for first gear in my transmission. I really like the overall transmission and I would hate to just chuck the whole thing because of only one gear not working, so if anyone has any advice or knows of any where I can get a replacement gear please let me know.
Tyler
T_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-2006, 12:53 AM   #2
Oppan Gangnam Style

good luck! that thing has been discontinued for over 20 years. try ebay. all the internals except the counter gear interchange with the bruiser/mountaineer. maybe some one has a parts doner laying around. come to think of it, i might. let me check and i'll let you know. exactly which gear do you need?
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:16 AM   #3
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Originally Posted by T_Boy
Ok so I just got a tamiya hilux wednesday and I was fiddeling around with it and I found out why it wasn't running in first gear. When I opened up the first part of the transmission, to my suprise the first gear fell out in two peices. I was totally shocked at how this had happened and how it could be fixed. Well I decided tonight that I couldn't wait any longer so I broke out the good ole JB Weld and tried to fix that sucker up. My main question is if any one knows where I can get a replacement gear for first gear in my transmission. I really like the overall transmission and I would hate to just chuck the whole thing because of only one gear not working, so if anyone has any advice or knows of any where I can get a replacement gear please let me know.
Tyler
Like Chino said the internals are really hard to find, put up a picture of what gear is bad, I have a bunch of extra internals as I made one really good trans out of 2 other trans and I still have some parts left over. If I have the part you need ill just send it to you if you pay postage.

Mike
1BadJeepBruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 10:03 AM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Well guys I don't have a picture of the gear, but if you know the transmission kinda well, it's the first lower shaft with the two gears on it if you take of the motor plate then the next section. I will try to get a photo or find one on the net, but thats all I have for now.
Tyler
Old 06-30-2006, 10:24 AM   #5
Sinking with the ship

http://kope.com/bruiser/TrannySvcManual.pdf

tyler go there, and scroll through the pics let me know if you see the gear you need.

Mike
Old 06-30-2006, 10:41 AM   #6
Quarry Creeper

It's the liittle gear in figure 16 on page 14, or figure 17 on page 15. But i guess i waas wrong it says it's the 2nd speed countershaft and gear unit. And where did you get that at? That page has alot of great info.
Tyler

Last edited by T_Boy; 06-30-2006 at 10:46 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:30 AM   #7
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
It's the liittle gear in figure 16 on page 14, or figure 17 on page 15. But i guess i waas wrong it says it's the 2nd speed countershaft and gear unit. And where did you get that at? That page has alot of great info.
Tyler
http://kope.com/bruiser/

I dont own 5 Bruisers for my health I have alot of Bruiser tips, tricks, and secrets up my sleave. I will look tonight for that gear, if I have it, its yours

Mike

Last edited by 1BadJeepBruiser; 06-30-2006 at 11:34 AM.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:42 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Thnx 1badjeepbruiser, I also opened up the other end of the transmission and found that the front driveshaft gear assembly was also split in two. If any one else has one of these I am willing to bargain for it. I would really like to get this truck running someday.
Tyler
Old 06-30-2006, 12:14 PM   #9
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
Thnx 1badjeepbruiser, I also opened up the other end of the transmission and found that the front driveshaft gear assembly was also split in two. If any one else has one of these I am willing to bargain for it. I would really like to get this truck running someday.
Tyler
I look into that too.

Mike
Old 06-30-2006, 01:05 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

OK thanks a bunch MIke I reallly appriciate your help.
Tyler
Old 06-30-2006, 01:36 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Not everyday that you can have a fellow member not only have a rare part but willing to ship it to you as just shipping cost.....WOW. major reason why I love this site. He just saved ya if he's got the parts
rcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2006, 08:25 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

I know this site is so much better than just talking to ppl on rc universe or other places cuz only here you can get ppl that know what the problem is and have the knowledge to help others out. This site does have it's bad members that just want to make fun of other ppl and then there are really nice ppl like 1badjeepbruiser that are willing to part with extra parts and help someone in need out. I really appriciate all the help i've gotten from this site and i hope everyone could be nice enough to understand what ppl need and not just critisize and say common sense when it's not needed. THANKS RC CRAWLER FOR BEING THERE WHEN PPL NEED THE HELP!!!
Tyler
Old 07-01-2006, 01:01 AM   #13
MWRCA'er

www.bruiserbuilder.com

This guy sells used 3 speed parts, contact him with what you need. He has helped me find my tranny gears in the past.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 09:01 AM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Thanks Mnster I'll look into talking to him about the gears.
Old 07-02-2006, 06:46 AM   #15
Sinking with the ship

Havent forgot about you dude, I am trying to find the damn trans pieces They were in a big zip lock in the basement and I cant find it for anything right now...ill be down there though alot working stuff for th enext day or 2, hopefully the parts will turn up.

MIke
Old 07-02-2006, 12:06 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

It's all kool Mike I don't mind i've been working on some other trucks any ways, so it's no biggie. Whenever you can i'll just be waiting.
Tyler
Old 11-19-2006, 07:22 AM   #17
Sinking with the ship

Quote:
It's all kool Mike I don't mind i've been working on some other trucks any ways, so it's no biggie. Whenever you can i'll just be waiting.
Tyler
Hey dude, I found that transmission!!! while cleaning out my basement this week. You still need any gears from it???