Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: cherokee with tons and 40's help with body

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2014, 06:22 PM   #1

Default cherokee with tons and 40's help with body

i will be building a replica of my own 1.1 rig, i have been wanting to do the build for some time now but have been buisy building my 1.1. I was wondering what body i should go with, the 1/10 or the 1/8th my cherokee is on tons and 40's and i will be running 2.2' rok lox's with the body comp cut just like my 1.1 any suggestions would be appreciated. here is a link to my build thread with tons of pics of the transformation of the jeep since i purchased it, it has been stretched 10" total from the stock 101" wheelbase so im almost thinking the 1/8 would be a better fit for my build since it has a 13.1" wheelbase. The dimensions of the 2 bodies are listed below. I need some feedback asap, i had back surgery and will be out of work for 6 weeks and need something to do before i go crazy sitting at home doing nothing, i figured this would be the perfect time to start my build
1/8 1/10
length 18.81 length 18.3
width 7.2 width 7.3
height 5.7 height 5.4
wheelbase 13.1 wheelbase 11.8

1 tons with 40's making it my own - Jeep Cherokee Forum
lincpimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2014, 10:07 AM   #2

Default Re: cherokee with tons and 40's help with body

has anybody used the 1/8 for a 2.2 build? Ive bees searching for days and cant fnd anything!
Old 05-04-2014, 10:13 AM   #3
RCC Addict

Ive seen some 1/6 builds before...I guess if you can lengthen and widen everything to make it look scale it can work for you.

Wheel base changes are done all the time to work with bodies people want to use...Widening as well.
6sharky9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 10:19 AM   #4
Rock Crawler

Read your 1:1, Love the rig, hope your recovery is going well. As far as a 1:10 vs 1:8 body goes, with 2.2s your gonna achieve a better scale look with the 1:8 body imo. 1.55s or 1.7s with iroks would probably fit a 1:10 body and better match your 1:1. Pro-Line has a 1:10 body that is lexan, and would match your dingo wheel base, you could also replace the dingo rear links with honcho links and stretch it to 12.5 ish with no problem, you can even mod your body and hunt for a pro-line tub and make the same stretched you did on your 1:1. I might just either deal with the bigger tires n the 1:10 scale truck or dive into a 1.55 or 1.7 set up from rc4wd or something. If you narrowed a rear wraith axle, you could better replicate the D60s on your 1:1 as well.

Nice Jeep, Hope this helps!
Dad,Canyoufix? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 02:19 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Just some food to thought:

A Wraith is fundamentally a 1/8 scale vehicle based on wheelbase and width.

An SCX10 is fundamentally a 1/9 scale vehicle base on wheelbase and width.

The closes thing to a true 1/10 scale crawler I've seen are Tamiya based vehicles.

Looking at your numbers and bodies available, I think an SCX based build would be fairly easy.

I have all three, and the Tamiya is tops for scale accuracy. The axles just look huge on the SCX10 though the wheelbase/width are close enough. And the Wraith has too small a body to match its axles and wheelbase.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 06:07 AM   #6

thanks for the input guys i think im just gonna order the 1/10 body and probably just make a custom chassis. I will try the scx10 axles with 1.9 rok lox which i have and if i dont like the look im gonna get a set of ax60's and throw the 2.2 rok lox on it and the hell with the scale look its just gonna look insane
Old 05-05-2014, 06:38 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

Sounds like fun! Where will your build thread be due to custom chassis? I enjoyed reading through your 1:1 build, I suspect I will enjoy this one as well!
Old 05-06-2014, 11:51 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by lincpimp View Post
thanks for the input guys i think im just gonna order the 1/10 body and probably just make a custom chassis. I will try the scx10 axles with 1.9 rok lox which i have and if i dont like the look im gonna get a set of ax60's and throw the 2.2 rok lox on it and the hell with the scale look its just gonna look insane
I just finally had a chance to look at your 1:1 rig, and if you are trying to get that same look, you might want to consider doing a "Wroncho" (SCX10 chassis, Wraith Axles).

Just search the site for examples of the Wroncho and see if you like that kind of look. It will be too wide with standard offset/backspace 1.9 wheels, but you can get maximum backspace 1.9 wheels from SDI here:

Wagon Wheel Black, Offset -5 (1 piece) - Scale Designs International

I think we have provided you some good guidance, now go forth and build it my friend, build it.
K.O.M. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2014, 05:15 PM   #9
Rock Crawler

I agree with the wraith axles. Look up shortening them though. Will provide a more scale look. If you make it too narrow, there are always different hexes that could push the wheels out a little further. With a custom chassis I think you will be able to get pretty close to nailing your 1:1.

Please let us know if and when you make a thread. I am moving around a lot and finally smoked a motor with a sand hill climb. So I need something fun to read, I loved your 1:1 build thread.
Old 05-10-2014, 05:23 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

That's a nice jeep you got there I would do the scx10 with wrath axles and make some inner fenders for it
1santaever is offline   Reply With Quote

cherokee with tons and 40's help with body - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
cherokee on tons and 40's need help with body lincpimp 2.2 Scale Rigs 7 05-03-2014 11:55 AM