Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > General Scale Talk

Notices

Thread: scx10 vs scx10II frame rails - any noticable improvement?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2017, 10:25 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default scx10 vs scx10II frame rails - any noticable improvement?

Ordering parts for a build - need to decide on frame rails. I'm planning on going with either scx10 or scx10II frame rails. Is there any reason to pay an extra $10 for the scx10II rails?

I'm going to be putting a D90 hardbody on top of them, forward trans and transfer case, 4 link, scx10II axles.

Thanks
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-2017, 10:49 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

Default Re: scx10 vs scx10II frame rails - any noticable improvement?

There are few extra holes drilled into it, but they are otherwise the same frame rails. I actually bought a set a while back to replace my worn OG SCX10 rails, and they mounted exactly the same. The only benefit or necessity to running the SCX10 ii rails would be if you are going to run the SCX10 ii electronics tray, battery tray, transmission, etc.

Side note: That actually sounds a lot like my current build! I've got the RC4WD D90 body stuck on an SCX10 OG frame, with the SSD CMS and front transmission, and SCX10 ii axles...
micro racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 07:53 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: scx10 vs scx10II frame rails - any noticable improvement?

Thanks!
That's good to hear. I'll mostly be going aftermarket for the components you mentioned, and probably go with generic or scx10 versions of most parts as they are usually priced cheaper than the scx10II based parts. I'm trying to keep costs as low as possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by micro racer View Post
There are few extra holes drilled into it, but they are otherwise the same frame rails. I actually bought a set a while back to replace my worn OG SCX10 rails, and they mounted exactly the same. The only benefit or necessity to running the SCX10 ii rails would be if you are going to run the SCX10 ii electronics tray, battery tray, transmission, etc.

Side note: That actually sounds a lot like my current build! I've got the RC4WD D90 body stuck on an SCX10 OG frame, with the SSD CMS and front transmission, and SCX10 ii axles...
MrBlank is offline   Reply With Quote