Notices

Thread: JimK's Random Tiny Truck Adventures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-13-2024, 01:41 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: JimK's Random Tiny Truck Adventures

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimrC View Post
One very cool looking Blazer, shame about the mirror. To find the mirror and then the shackle ... damn sure I woulda been off for a lottery card lol
Thanks Jim. It was a lucky day for sure. The mirrors on that Blazer are pretty dainty to say the least. I'm going to try and find replacements if I can and then try and remember to take them off when I go driving. They are held on by small body clips so it would only take a few seconds to pop them off.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
JimK is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2024, 10:18 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

I had the " Not a Jeep" out for a little rip tonight at work. Haven't been out back in a couple weeks and the course is in pretty good shape for the end of winter. I'm glad spring is just around the corner here.

Such a good looking little rig and she handles the terrain pretty good to.

Last edited by JimK; 02-23-2024 at 10:24 PM.
Old 02-24-2024, 09:05 AM   #63
Pebble Pounder

What a place to have right outside work Always great to see J

Spring can't come quick enough either, damn cold at the mo
JimrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2024, 06:01 AM   #64
Rock Crawler

Quote:
What a place to have right outside work Always great to see J

Spring can't come quick enough either, damn cold at the mo
Ya, we're pretty lucky to have this course right behind our shop. It hasn't been too bad of a winter but I am more than ready for spring to arrive.
Old 03-13-2024, 05:55 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

It was a beautiful day in the neighborhood today so I took Shiny Red for a nice walk on the trails after work today. The tires are still a little dirty from our last tiny truck session.

We headed on over to Black Oaks for a little rip on the trails and to check out the progress on the new bridge.

Off into the woods we go.

Even though this trail is designated for mountain biking the walkers/hikers often try to block the trails to keep the bikes off it. Idiots!! Oh well it made for some fun tiny truck driving.

Last edited by JimK; 03-13-2024 at 05:59 PM.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:02 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Found some rock piles to play on along the way.

Shiny Red sure is a good looking rig. Her tires cleaned up nicely along the way too.

Eventually we popped out down at the edge of the Detroit River.

Last edited by JimK; 03-13-2024 at 06:05 PM.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:08 PM   #67
Rock Crawler

Doesn't look like much progress has been made on the bridge since I was down here last?

Shiny Red waiting patiently for me to quit screwin' around so she can head on down the trail.

We had a little fun on the beach area driving over logs and driftwood before heading on down the trail.

Last edited by JimK; 03-13-2024 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:13 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Not far down the trail we found another nice little beach area and drove along the shore for a little bit.

I hate it when I get my shadow in the d@mn picture!!

Another shot with the bridge off in the distant background.

A little further down the shoreline is a big dock where they unload big freighters that are carrying sand and gravel. We didn't go that far though as it's fenced off a little further down.

Last edited by JimK; 03-13-2024 at 06:17 PM.
Old 03-13-2024, 06:20 PM   #69
Rock Crawler

Heading down the dirt highway on the way back to the Jeep.

A little trail side graffiti made for an interesting photo op.

I'm pretty sure I could have made it up onto this big log but it was a drop off on the other side so I didn't bother.....

....instead I opted for an alternate route.

Good to go.

It was a beautiful sunny day and I had a good tiny truck therapy session out on the trails. Part of me wished I would have brought my mountain bike instead as the trails were in excellent shape for a good ride. Oh well, maybe next time?? About 300 yards or so from the parking lot my lipo died. I had a spare pack in my pocket but decided it was quicker just to carry her back to the Jeep and get headed home. Thanks for lookin' and happy trails.

Last edited by JimK; 03-13-2024 at 06:29 PM.
Old 03-15-2024, 05:01 AM   #70
Rock Stacker

FUn trail ride and cool,pictures. I hate the walk of shame I had to do it once when I didn’t bring a spare pack.
surfishjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 02:50 PM   #71
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfishjoe View Post
FUn trail ride and cool,pictures. I hate the walk of shame I had to do it once when I didn’t bring a spare pack.
Thanks!! I was a little bummed about carrying my rig the last little bit but it's such a pain in the ass to open that Gladiator up to swap the battery that I decided it was easier just to carry it.
Old 03-15-2024, 03:26 PM   #72
Pebble Pounder

Always great pictures Jim. Some nice obstacles along the way

What size of battery do you run in the Gladiator? Forgot to ask before, what oil weight do you run on the Gladiator ... am just being nosey

The Bronco I have is also a pain to swap batteries out on the trails ... is that an scx10iii thing I wonder?

I just got the sand cleaned off mine today, ready for tomorrow's outing. Let's see if I manage to pull out out the phone for some pics this time

We're needing more weather like the other day, was really warm out and made me want to visit a place called Mystery Falls soon. Great place for the rigs, has a bit of everything
Old 03-15-2024, 05:23 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Always great pictures Jim. Some nice obstacles along the way

What size of battery do you run in the Gladiator? Forgot to ask before, what oil weight do you run on the Gladiator ... am just being nosey

The Bronco I have is also a pain to swap batteries out on the trails ... is that an scx10iii thing I wonder?

I just got the sand cleaned off mine today, ready for tomorrow's outing. Let's see if I manage to pull out out the phone for some pics this time

We're needing more weather like the other day, was really warm out and made me want to visit a place called Mystery Falls soon. Great place for the rigs, has a bit of everything
Hey thanks Jim!! We sure have been having some excellent weather lately for sure!!

I was running a 3300mah 3s lipo on this outing and it lasted roughly an hour and 10 minutes which isn't too bad. Usually I run a 5000 mah 2s but I was looking for a little more speed this time out. I need to pick up a couple 5000mah 3s packs for this thing.

As for the shock oil I honestly don't remember what weight oil I have in the shocks? I'll try to browse through My Shiny Red Gladiator build thread and see if I can find it in there. I haven't checked the shocks in forever so they could be empty for all I know.

What is this Mystery Falls you mentioned? Sounds pretty intriguing to say the least.
Old 03-15-2024, 08:41 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Thanks m8y, yeah I've been using 3S 2200mAh 'cos their dirt cheap at $30ea. and guessing about an hour of run time at most ... I am a cheap bastard

Sent a pm with links about that place I mentioned Couple of hours drive I would imagine from yourself but a place I would highly recommend to try out, don't think you'd be disappointed.
Old 03-16-2024, 06:35 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Thanks m8y, yeah I've been using 3S 2200mAh 'cos their dirt cheap at $30ea. and guessing about an hour of run time at most ... I am a cheap bastard

Sent a pm with links about that place I mentioned Couple of hours drive I would imagine from yourself but a place I would highly recommend to try out, don't think you'd be disappointed.
Ya, I run Gens Ace 5000mah 2s packs, Spektrum 3200mah 3s and 2200mah 3s packs. The two Spektrum packs are very inexpensive as you mentioned. A couple of my trucks will only fit the 2200 packs but all the rest will fit any of those packs. I'd still like to get a couple 5000mah 3s packs mostly for use in my Losi buggy.

Last edited by JimK; 03-16-2024 at 06:42 AM.
Old 03-16-2024, 07:47 AM   #76
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I went back and looked through my build thread for Shiny Red and it turns out I'm running 50wt oil in the front on extra firm springs and 55wt in the rear with firm springs. The front bumper and winch on the front of this thing weigh a flippin' ton!!
Old 03-16-2024, 08:35 AM   #77
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK View Post
I went back and looked through my build thread for Shiny Red and it turns out I'm running 50wt oil in the front on extra firm springs and 55wt in the rear with firm springs. The front bumper and winch on the front of this thing weigh a flippin' ton!!
Much thanks Jim, very helpful info to this newbie

Sprung weight is something that's on my mind, my rig is still mostly stock but weighs in at 8.3 lb already ... so I think I'll ruling out metal bumpers I had my heart set on but will looking for a winch system at some point.
Old 03-16-2024, 05:10 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

Hi m8y, I actually looked at me watch today After an hour of run-time, my 3S 2200mAh was still going which surprised me, can't be much power left in it I would imagine. I'm good with a little break every hour or so though

JimK's Random Tiny Truck Adventures - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
JimK's Chevy Trail Truck JimK Axial SCX10 II 102 02-18-2024 05:44 PM
Round 1 of the Tiny Truck Trials Bracken Rocks UK J55TTC Videos! 0 03-09-2020 01:55 PM
Natedog's Trail Findering TF2 Tiny Truck Natedog RC4WD Trail Finder 2 161 08-02-2019 12:06 PM
Chino63's F-150 a tiny tire tiny truck story. chino63 1.5 Scale Rigs 76 07-11-2018 03:17 PM
New2Ascender - big tiny truck built by little little hands new2rocks Vaterra Ascender 72 04-06-2018 09:01 AM