Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: My low profile widow chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2008, 08:41 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My low profile widow chassis

I just made a low profile widow chassis, but I'm having some troubles.

This is what is happening. Without even engaging my servo, my rig sometimes binds up like this. Could this have to do with the combination of the droop setup and high clearance links, or am i just overlooking something big other than that Here's some other pictures of my rig. Any recommendations would be very much appreciated

newpinesap is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-19-2008, 08:15 PM   #2
RCC Addict

what do you have for the upper links? they look like they are made of plastic, and that can one reason why it's doing it
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 08:57 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Are the chassis and/or links flexing causing the wierdness, or is the chassis leaning over to the side while this is happening? It looks like you have an obscene amount of axle steer, you might want to work that out.
chrisjlittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2008, 04:46 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonoid369 View Post
what do you have for the upper links? they look like they are made of plastic, and that can one reason why it's doing it
the upper links are made out of modified t-maxx upper a-arms, and yes, the chassis is leaning over to the side when this happens. And what is axle steer. Never heard that term before
newpinesap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 04:07 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by newpinesap View Post
the upper links are made out of modified t-maxx upper a-arms, and yes, the chassis is leaning over to the side when this happens. And what is axle steer. Never heard that term before

hey whats up?

axles steer or torque twist is when u give the truck gas it will lift one of the tires up off of the ground.
bigblazerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 08:29 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Axle steer is caused by improper link connection. The radius at which the link can sweep is to short and causes the axle to shift toward the chassis or mounting point. What is your wheel base? It looks as if it is too short. If your wheel base is less than 12" that you need to make the links longer. If it is 12" you need to make longer links and relocate the lower link holes more near the center of the chassis. You may also what to try and triangulate the lower links It will help, the longer you can make links the less axle steer you will get. The lower links on my comp rig are almost 5" long. Here is a pic I hope it helps. I know it's a Ax-10 based rig but maybe it will give you some ideas for a new skid for your chassis. I feel your pain, the chassis you see is completely hand made. I designed and built it my self.
Attached Images

Last edited by hitman46mod; 10-31-2008 at 08:42 PM.
hitman46mod is offline   Reply With Quote