Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Got new parts, just to break old ones

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Got new parts, just to break old ones

Just got my FX-R, CBP 1500mah 8cells, and CKRC Metal Tranny Gears I was playin around in the house and broke a rear axle shaft. This is the first part I've actually broke

Guess my rig just got initiated into a true crawler. These packs combined with the metal gears make for quite a bit off power

Guess I now have to look into getting some stronger shafts.....

Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Chris
shierkahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2009, 10:05 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by shierkahn View Post
Just got my FX-R, CBP 1500mah 8cells, and CKRC Metal Tranny Gears I was playin around in the house and broke a rear axle shaft. This is the first part I've actually broke

Guess my rig just got initiated into a true crawler. These packs combined with the metal gears make for quite a bit off power

Guess I now have to look into getting some stronger shafts.....

Any Suggestions?

Thanks, Chris
Yes, but your not going to like what I have to tell you..lol. STRC makes a rear axle lockout, complete with stainless shafts, and MIP makes CVD's for the front. I think said and done it would be about $80 to do that set up.
Slowkrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 10:14 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowkrawl View Post
Yes, but your not going to like what I have to tell you..lol. STRC makes a rear axle lockout, complete with stainless shafts, and MIP makes CVD's for the front. I think said and done it would be about $80 to do that set up.
Yeah, I can't really afford all that right now.(one of the many laid off just before turkey day)

I think I may just go with the HD ones from RC4WD. Think I'm gonna order them Tuesday, hopefully they will be here before the weekend.

See how they hold up. I don't plan to go Lipo any time soon so, maybe the stainless will last me a while.

Last edited by shierkahn; 03-01-2009 at 12:41 PM.
Old 03-01-2009, 12:07 AM   #4
Just jump it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by shierkahn View Post
Yeah, I can't really afford all that right now.(one of the many laided off just before turkey day)

I think I may just go with the HD ones from RC4WD. Think I'm gonna order them Tuesday, hopefully they will be here before the weekend.

See how they hold up. I don't plan to go Lipo any time soon so, maybe the stainless will last me a while.
My 8 year old was going thru the stock dogbones everytime he drove his rig. Put the rc4wd stainless steel ones in it and still going strong. No breakage yet.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 01:09 AM   #5

Default may i suggest:

Hi Chris,

With some basic tools and a little skills, you may opt for my heavy duty rear axle mod. Wonder if this ever will break again...
Greets!
http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthrea...ght=heavy+duty

Jos
luxcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:39 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by luxcrawler View Post
Hi Chris,

With some basic tools and a little skills, you may opt for my heavy duty rear axle mod. Wonder if this ever will break again...
Greets!
http://rccrawler.com/forum/showthrea...ght=heavy+duty

Jos
I broke them at the dog-bone end so this won't work for me. Thanks though.

I got 2 stock sets at the LHS...25% off clearance. When I get paid I'm gonna order the SS ones from RC4WD....if a 8yr old can use'em without breakin'em , they're be good enough