Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: Stock tranny, axles, tires.. The rest? uhhhh...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 10:55 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Stock tranny, axles, tires.. The rest? uhhhh...

This is the 3rd full rebuild on my Crawler King. The past 2 have been hack jobs. This is the one where I have actually taken the time to get things right. I know this is not 'professional', as I am limited on supplies and money. I paid $150 bucks for it in stock condition 3 months ago. So far, I have spent maybe another $30 in parts.
My frame/plates are made from an old Stop Sign that I found in my shed. Yes, I said stop sign. Turns out, there is good aluminum there! Cut the plates with a dremel and a cut off wheel. The rest is kind of self explanitory. Mounted up axles and suspension. Gonna mount up my front and rear steering servos tomo and all the electronics. Flexes pretty good for a 3 link setup i think.

savagefromthesprings is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2009, 10:20 AM   #2
Just jump it!

Off to a good start!! I make alot of chassis's, Servo mounts and four link plates from old signs i find !!! You can wet sand the aluminum and hit it with a buffer and it looks great. Possibilities are endless. Made this chassis for a buddy.
rottenbelly is offline   Reply With Quote