Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: different mods

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2010, 03:53 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Exclamation different mods

so I have searched and searched and either I'm blind or we need a good thread for this, alot of us are wanting to do scalers with our wheely kings but it's hard to because most aftermarket parts are for axial, but we nevertheless find ways around and make it work, well other and I have found ways to make the scx10 chassis work for us while still being able to use our original tranny and stuff, well the question now is; what else can we do? well we don't have a sticky or thread for tips and tricks for makin a scaler so i want people to post up what they know and can do to make a wheely king a true scaler.

anything is helpfull, show us how to do a leaf spring or coil spring mounts, or pan hard bar... etc. show step and pics if you can
demonoid369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2010, 08:19 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Make oyur own links and the world is limitless on the scale chassis you can use.

Use a different transmission and all of a sudden you have about a billion more options.

The only thing I like about the WK is the axles.
arthurc10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:12 PM   #3
RCC Addict

you can have your opinion for just liking the Wk axles but this is to help other and I that have the wheely king tranny, and the axles.... so if you got some tips and stuff ya, but some can only afford or have the original tranny, and I want to make this thread so that when some one gets a Ck or Wk they have options to change it or to make it better
Old 11-02-2010, 04:23 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Default Shocks

One of the first things should be the shocks. If you want to use the oem WK/CK shocks in a scaler it is possible. I am using them and they work pretty good. I put a 1/4 inch spacer inside the shock to limit the travel and I got the Integy spring set, they are shorter than the oem springs which will bring down the height. I heavily modded my CK, trying to make it crawl better with no luck. I have been able to use all the after market items with good success so far.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 04:41 PM   #5
RCC Addict

ya with the shocks I made mine droop, the front uses two pen springs in each shock tube and the rear only uses one spring, since the front is heavier than the back it's good to use that setup
Old 11-02-2010, 07:10 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

First put your steering servo on the front axle, then mount the battery above the servo. That gets rid of all of the plastic steering crap and puts the weight on the front axle were it needs to be.
Onebdgti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2010, 11:26 PM   #7
RCC Addict

straight to the point an very true Onebdgti, and that works for most but we're tryin to make it scale too so getting the battery hidden is something we want to try and do, maybe some can make a tool box to hide the electronics or just the battery
Old 11-03-2010, 03:58 PM   #8
RCC Addict

anyone want to see a ghetto way of makin your back axle stay straight? lol it involves using something called mighty putty lol amazingly it works

if you notice my right knuckle broke (freakin airport thought it looked suspicious) so I had to figure out a way to fix it if I wanted to still run and with no money, this works really well lol you just got to fill each side so that the wheel is straight and presto, just let it dry and it's as hard as steel
Old 11-03-2010, 05:25 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

There is a cheap lock out mod in the tips and tricks thread. I had already purchased the STRC lockouts when I found it. The STRC lock outs do come with new axle shafts in the kit though.
Modean74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 02:33 AM   #10
RCC Addict

very true and thank you, I've been trying to make something of the wheely king so it's not just looked as a basher, I know I don't have the money to make it shiny and sweet but I'll be dam* if I'm going to be told that a wheely king is only good as a basher