Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: ck with ax10 chassis help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 07:39 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default ck with ax10 chassis help

im thinking of changing my stock ck chassis with a axial ax10 scorpion chassis and trans. i need to know if the stock ck shocks, upper links, and lower links will work with a ax10 chassis and if the stock ck driveshafts fit the ax10/scx10 trans. heres the chassis,

http://cgi.ebay.com/Axial-AX10-Rock-...item415b1e51c7

or should i use this chassis with stock axial lower and upper links and shocks

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-AXIAL-SCORPI...item3cb8135e14

Last edited by mini freak; 06-25-2011 at 07:45 PM.
mini freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2011, 10:57 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

That's a tough one. You will probably have to go with the second option of using the axial links and shocks, because the WK links have larger rod ends. And the WK shocks are much longer. I've learned from experience that the driveshafts don't work. The WK has a diffrent style of output on the tranny, so the driveshafts are diffrent. Here's a pic to see what I mean.[IMG][/IMG]

Here's the rod ends
[IMG][/IMG]
The threaded rods that hold the rod ends on the WK to the links are larger too, so swapping the axial end won't work on the WK, and vice versa.

Doesn't mean it won't work, just may have to do some mods to make things fit. Any more questions, I'll try to answer for you. I have both a WK and a couple axials, so I can look at what might work.
-mud- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

if i get the secound chassis with the links and stuff plus a ax10/scx10 trans, what do i do about the drive shafts. the drive shafts confuse me becuase the ck has huge output shafts and the ax10 have smaller one, can i put the ax10 output yokes on the crawler king drive shaft. will the ax10 chassis have a lower center of gravity compared to the crawler king.
Old 06-26-2011, 04:49 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Well, your in luck. I found that the Axial shaft, the notched shaft on the right, fits inside of the WK shaft, hollow end.
[IMG][/IMG]
on the Axial shaft, the one on the right, two grooves are cut wide, like a WK, and two are narrow. Just cut the narrow side wider to fit snug in the hollow end. Then you could use a WK shaft on the WK axles and an Axial shaft on the Axial tranny.
Here's a pic of the WK shaft inside the Axial shaft. They are a perfect fit.
[IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by -mud-; 06-26-2011 at 04:58 PM.
Old 06-30-2011, 09:12 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by -mud- View Post
Well, your in luck. I found that the Axial shaft, the notched shaft on the right, fits inside of the WK shaft, hollow end.
[IMG][/IMG]
on the Axial shaft, the one on the right, two grooves are cut wide, like a WK, and two are narrow. Just cut the narrow side wider to fit snug in the hollow end. Then you could use a WK shaft on the WK axles and an Axial shaft on the Axial tranny.
Here's a pic of the WK shaft inside the Axial shaft. They are a perfect fit.
[IMG][/IMG]

thanks mud, this is going to help me so much on my build (hopefully coming soon, moneys tight because im trying to find a better truck that is more comp worthy, im thinking about a venom creeper kit for 100 and just add my crawler king electronics)
Old 07-01-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

No problem.