Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > HPI Wheely King

Notices

Thread: My wk rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 11:29 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default My wk rig

This is my rig there are many like it but this one is mine. I got it about two weeks ago and i must thank everyone on this website for it there are so many good ideas here. It's not done yet and will probably never be done there will always be somthing that i want to do to it but i thought i would share what i have so far. streched to 12 1/4", chassis reversal, 96/15 48p gears, locked diffs. soon i will be going to a four link setup, i have a set of axial rockster beadlocks and proline moab tires on order and will be doing some electrical to it.
Once again thanks to everyone for all the info keep crawlin

SMOKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2007, 06:27 AM   #2
Pebble Pounder

your off to a good start!
bigmike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:08 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Welcome Smokey. Your rig is sweet and sure to get better. I also like that you opened up with a spin on that line from Full Metal Jacket. That's got to be one of the greatest movies of all time.
lesannatrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 09:28 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

It's not a line, its a lifestyle.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.
My rifle is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.

Looks good so far.

Last edited by Usmc8541; 09-06-2007 at 09:32 PM.
Usmc8541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2007, 02:05 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by usmc8541 View Post
It's not a line, its a lifestyle.

This is my rifle. There are many like it, but this one is mine. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. Without me my rifle is useless. Without my rifle, I am useless. I must fire my rifle true. I must shoot straighter than the enemy who is trying to kill me. I must shoot him before he shoots me. I will. My rifle and I know that what counts in war is not the rounds we fire, the noise of our burst, or the smoke we make. We know that it is the hits that count. We will hit.
My rifle is human, even as I am human, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strengths, its parts, its accessories, its sights and its barrel. I will keep my rifle clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other.

Before God I swear this creed. My rifle and I are the defenders of my country. We are the masters of our enemy. We are the saviors of my life.

So be it, until victory is America's and there is no enemy.

Looks good so far.
Amen, brother! 8-)

SMOKEY, you're off to a great start and I like your steering servo mount! I was thinkin of something similiar....so many ideas and I'm not 100% happy with any of them....wish it was easier to mount that servo like it was on my TLT.
Natedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2007, 09:56 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Default my spin on a torsion wk

here is my take on a torsion wk just wanted to say thanks to rockwerks in flagg for letting me drive his torsion at buffalo park and to every one on this site for my creation and most of all my girlfriend who has put up with my addiction to rc crawling here are some pics my clocked motor plate
here is my chassis taking shape
here are my axles mounted
here is the trans and axles mounted showing my ground clearance and source of caffine

and the almost finished product

all i need to do now is mount the body some how
Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 AM   #7

Talking

It looks really great babe. I know I don't show a ton of intrest all the time, but I'm proud of you for being so driven and into something..plus it keeps you out of trouble, which is always good . You are an amazing boyfriend and father and I support you 100%. Love you baby ~Jen~
SmokeysGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2007, 08:33 PM   #8
RCC Addict

always always impressed with a well designed torsion. A buddy of mine has built one and already tuned it pretty well, similar to yours but like always different. have fun and it looks great xmattx
xgerstandtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

Looks like you got yourself a keeper Smokey. The truck looks good too.
Maggster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2007, 02:39 PM   #10
Rock Crawler

thanks guys it took a long time. after playing around with it i am really impressed with it i definatly recomend torsion a torsion chassis to every one
Old 11-25-2007, 12:19 AM   #11
Rock Crawler

body mounted body was given to me by a buddy at the local hobby shop it was from his ax10 scorpion but here it is
Old 11-25-2007, 06:38 AM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Looks good. That betty body looks good on a wheely king.
LST022752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:14 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

Those plates under the skid should be trimmed as much as possible for more clearance. Bevel the edges so it doesnt get snagged on rocks.

The girl seems like a keeper
Cslax06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 09:23 AM   #14

Talking

Hey thanks I think I'm a keeper lol. I'm lucky because Smokey is a really great man and daddy! Your truck looks amazing babe and I know how proud of it you are. I'm happy to buy the trucks for you! Wait until you see what I get you for Christmas hehe you will love it!
I LOVE YOU....Jenny Rey
SmokeysGrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 01:53 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

very cool. Cant wait to see it on the rocks
rockeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 02:52 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I think you might have mentioned a new ESC and tranny, or Im just losing it..haha...but, what do you have in mind?
Cslax06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:56 PM   #17
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cslax06 View Post
I think you might have mentioned a new ESC and tranny, or Im just losing it..haha...but, what do you have in mind?
i might have mentioned it but yes i want a new transmission and esc i would like to get the castle creations mamba max and the rc4wd r2 tranny with the dig disconnect that is when funds permit me to
Old 11-29-2007, 10:28 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Default new pics

i have some new pics on the rocks its my little rock course i built next to my front door so i could have somthing to do while smoking a cigerette. that and all my neighbors yards suck no rock landscapes to speak of