Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > West > Idaho

Notices

Thread: srcc comps free vs. 5$

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2009, 04:31 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default srcc comps free vs. 5$

So been thinking about it.. what do you all think about just haveing free comps from here on out. The club has pretty much everything it needs. Its never been about making money. The money that we have made from the comps has gone to buying all our supplys. gate marker cones stop watches and all the club comp stuff and to pay for the camp sights for the city of rocks comp.

What do you all think about going free.. with a donation box for our supplys that we will continue to need. IE Chalk, paper, ect.

or should be keep it as it is?

what do you all think?
thescoutmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 AM   #2
RCC Addict

what's going on with the club nobody responds anynore ? i don't compete but i try to show up anyway is the club dying out or what? :-(
warriorsimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 10:06 AM   #3

FREE is fine by me for the first three courses but, the 4th course should be a cash crawl
racerx_rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 03:50 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

ya thats always fun to do a cash coarse. LOL.

ya i have noticed a drop in replys. i don't really know whats going on.,
Old 04-29-2009, 06:23 PM   #5

I like the free idea with the option to do a money coarse at the end of the day. As far as lack of replies, people tend to get busy this time of year. I think we need to make sure and get info out to the local hobby shops and push the comps a little harder.
Jeff Mills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2009, 11:03 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

ok here's my thoughts...

with the free comps thing i think we should start keeping a points system of some kind.it would be pretty much just 2 divisions novice and pro 2.2 that way it kinda gives people a reson to compete besides money. maybe a end of the year club party and some sort of reward gathered throughout the year in donations for the 1st and 2nd of each division.

as far as responses on here i pretty much am on here every night checking things out. i look at the city of rocks posting every day to see if any one else has sind up and that sort of stuff.to me there not much new on here from the local crawler comunity.:-(

the last thing that i have an opinion on is the advertisment of the comps ,meetings ,fun crawls ,etc. we do need to get posters up of somekind with a set schedule so people can plan better because some people have to get time off work to make it to some of the bigeer comps and so on. when we have a comp coming up we need to push it on here and around the other rc tracks and hobby shops.if you dissagree with any of this let me know that is what this forum thing is for....ya know what i mean.
chevy4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:01 AM   #7

I like andy's idea about the cash course. Also like the idea of a points system. Also thinking of posting a bounty for the guy who takes Dan off the podium! Anyone gunna crawl this weekend? We will be working on our spot at home if any one wants to play your welcome to come by.
JUSTCUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 05:33 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

i talked with Parker at bprca. he said he made his own system for keeping track of point for the season on exel. I don't know how to use it. But if anyone has experiance useing it maybe they could help us out to make up a easy program to keep track of points.
Old 05-04-2009, 12:11 AM   #9
Pebble Pounder

so how about we do a point system for our first three courses and then do a money course on the fourth.

who is going to the next comp?is the terain the same as what we have been climbing on or is it something different?just wondering....
Old 05-04-2009, 02:20 PM   #10
Quarry Creeper

a few people have signed up to be there. the comp is posted in the comp section. The rock is diffrent. Its granite that has been carved by the river. Its really cool.. the spot is not a big spot but there is a ton of stuff there. it will be fun for sure and deffently the coolest location.
Old 05-04-2009, 06:15 PM   #11

I think we should consider more local comps. Every time I'm at RCHobbies someone will come in looking at crawlers and ask where/when they can watch or compete. It's kinda tough to get them interested when most of our comps this summer are not fairly close. The only local comps on the schedule are in July. New people aren't going to be that interested in driving to McCall or city of rocks to try this out.
We should also consider having more than one a month to try and get more people out there. I believe there is only 1 comp from April til the end of May then nothing until July. Even if it is just a gtg every other week at least we could put it on a schedule, post the schedule around town and try and get new people out there.
I know there are alot of people around with crawlers and with a posted schedule and a few more events we could get more people to show up.
yumamaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 08:58 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

i totaly agree with you.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:36 AM   #13
Quarry Creeper

me too.

In a way alot of the planning has been left up to me.. Me being about the farthest away. Its pretty hard for me to show up to all the event that could be takeing place. I think one of the boise guys should step it up and help out in the planning running the events. We all need to kick in and help get the events planned and also flyers put out there. I think it would be nice to have a club poster with the schedual posted at each hobbie store around here. Ontario here is podunk enough that i don't see many crawlers comming out of the woodwork anytime soon. The hobbie store is also podunk enough that they don't go in there very often. So posting anything in there wouldn't really do much. But it would still be nice.

What i would like to see is a 2x3 poster with the tshirt club image on it all huge and our club logo SRCC. on the bottom corner a list of dates and places we are going to crawl and then the web page to look up the details and find out more info on upcomming events.

If Andrew was still around I would put his wife on the job. Anyone eles know how to do anything like that??? i don't.

Also. Where do we have our local fun crawls???? I don't know of anything close to boise. as again im in podunk ontario... If would be awsome to find someplace in boise.. Maybe right on the river or something????? I don't know. There has got to be a good spot to have a little fun crawl. But no one has ever piped up and gave any options for it. Thats why we go all over. Those are the closest cool places that have been offerd as a option.

We need to have another club meeting... people need to show up and voice there opinions. We need locations to crawl.. and we need to have someone step up and take over some of the planning and running of events. Its kinda hard for me over in ontario to run stuff in boise.
Old 05-05-2009, 09:51 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

you have a point dan. we just need everybody on the look out for spots. my familyand I are going to ride the green belt this weekend and I will keep my eye open for something. people have also got to understand that we will have to drive a little sometimes.theres just not that much vacant lots around boise with a pile of rocks on them.On the other hand it is also nice to get away from the city hussel and bussel once in a while and breath some fresh air,relax,and crawl.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:47 PM   #15

I have a source to do the flyers. He did the one for CDB this year and it looks way cool. I will talk to him this weekend and let you know. I don't have a shirt though so I don't know what the logo looks like.

Todd
yumamaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:19 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

flyr sounds good so does a points system ive just been so busy with work i havnt even had time to get on here

Last edited by noob2crawlin; 05-07-2009 at 10:24 PM.
noob2crawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2009, 12:54 PM   #17

I know we are not local, but I would be more than willing to help you guys out with posters and such. I could create a cd for you guys and/or print them here and mail them in a poster tube. We are hopeing to move up there before the end of the year. Let me know K
-Shantel
crawlerchic is offline   Reply With Quote