Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Indiana

Notices

Thread: Summit Rock, Winter Comp Series, Fort Wanye

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Summit Rock, Winter Comp Series, Fort Wanye

Hey guys, I'm getting ready to get a Winter Competition Series started here in Fort Wayne. It should be ALOT of fun this winter with Everyone having a shot at coming out a winner. Before I get started planning and scheduling the competitions, I'll need to know how many are going to be interested in attending. If we cannot have a decent turnout, We likely will not be doing any crawling here in the winter. I've really been hoping that this winter will be as good as last winter for turnouts!

Comp dates will be on SATURDAYS! 1-2 per month.
Starting times at 10:00 AM
Course opens at 9:00 for test and tune.
Comp fees are TBD
Dates are TBD
I'll post up more info when it becomes available.

Please post up if you are interested in coming out to join us!!!
jcboof is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-09-2009, 08:42 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Hopefully we can see some interest!
Old 11-10-2009, 05:48 AM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 06:54 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Course opens at 9:00 for test and tune.

I hope you can get some support Jesse, sounds like crawling is slowing all over (we are slowing down here as well).
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaryterror View Post

ll).
Ill change the times around to better suit you guys if you are coming
Old 11-11-2009, 05:39 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Im intrested.......depending on the dates and cost. Its along drive to ft. wayne.
Beest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 09:00 PM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Cost will be up to the person who owns the building, Last year he charged $15.00 per person to compete, Which I think is ridiculous! This past summer, We talked him down to $10.00. I am going to talk to Dale about it and see if we can get it down to around 5-7 bucks! I'm not sure he'll do that, but i'm gonna ask anyways.

Crawling has very little maintenace related to it as far as the courses go. He mainly charges what he does because of the unlimited pit space, available electric, and maintenance on the track and rest of the building.

The thing i'd like to see it some sort of a prize for winning. Whether it be a free entry fee for the next comp or a set of tires or something!

I doubt we would be able to have prizes if we only have 3 or 4 drivers show up. there just would not be enough money to cover anything.

We need to get some interest in crawling again! The course we have is not nearly as big as the Rox Box but it can still put up a fight!!
Old 11-12-2009, 12:30 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Keep us posted, That sounds like fun. You can do alot with a small rock pile. Just watch for those I have to raise my belly height way up to pass tech on my wb and then dig to make my truck 1'' longer to make it climbs. lol
Old 11-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Was that WB thing a shot at me???? My DNA slingshot did that a little bit, When fully drooped it was at 12 3/8" and when digging it stretched out to 12 9/16" lol! It was legal though! Now my new one does it even worse! It stretches almost 3/4"!!!! As long as the WB is 12 1/2" at rest, its legal. The wheel base can stretch to over 12 1/2" only when digging!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:39 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Hey guys, What does everyone think about a FRIENDLY GTG/Comp on December 12th??? I'm working on getting things around and I've talked to the owner of the track and he is up for anything.

It should be alot of fun!! I'm going to give my "Alternate Gate" system a try that day if there are any that would like to try it!

Lets get a good turnout for this one guys! If its nice out we will be crawling outside. If not, the indoor course is alot of fun too!!!

Post up if you are interested in crawling in Fort Wayne on the 12th!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:03 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

Gonna check the schedule, think its good. I'll let you know.
Handicrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 11:28 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcboof View Post
Was that WB thing a shot at me???? My DNA slingshot did that a little bit, When fully drooped it was at 12 3/8" and when digging it stretched out to 12 9/16" lol! It was legal though! Now my new one does it even worse! It stretches almost 3/4"!!!! As long as the WB is 12 1/2" at rest, its legal. The wheel base can stretch to over 12 1/2" only when digging!
Not a shot at you Jesse. (or anyone) Ive seen that alot lately. The rules also state that it any part of the truck falls out of spec, the driver must take a touch and put it back in spec. I am not too worried about it, but when the rules get bent it never goes too well. Maybe I need to take another look at the rules, but that was how I understood them. As long as the course isnt designed with 14" vertical ledges it wont affect to much.

I think I can make it on the 12th, As long as the wife don't muck up my plans

Last edited by Beest; 11-26-2009 at 11:30 AM.
Old 11-26-2009, 01:57 PM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Sweet! Hope things work out!

Yeah. That rules thing can get tricky sometimes with all the different interpretations, there was quite a bit of discussion about that exact issue in the "Rules" forum here on RCC. Ought to check it out, I think it clears up a lot of misunderstandings