Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Midwest > Iowa

Notices

Thread: Kamikaze Krawlerz is now IaROCK.org

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2010, 03:19 PM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Kamikaze Krawlerz is now IaROCK.org

We voted and the name has changed. It stands for Iowa Radio Operated Crawling Klub

The sight is now running, so come take a look

DO IT
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-2010, 03:59 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Where is everybody??

It's like a ghost town around here.

The Cedar Rapids area has some signs of life....but ain't heard anything from the Waterloo and Sioux City boys in quite a spell.......

Hello.....ello....llo...lo??? Hellooo....elloo...ello...llo???

Check out the new site.....IaROCK.org
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Yah definitely seems like the weather is taking it's tole on everyone. We need to band together and get EXCITED about this upcoming season. Other wise Dawg and I are gonna drink too much at the comps cause it won't take very long with 2 rigs.
Old 02-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

we are all in the Neb thread causing hate and discontent

Last edited by DeweyCJ5; 02-03-2010 at 06:07 PM.
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeweyCJ5 View Post
we are all in the Neb thread cause hate and discontent

Pretty much nailed it. Seems Dewey and I are the only ones consistently representin' the west siiiiiiide (and we are still about a half hour apart). I've been desperately trying to drum up interest in my neck of the woods...but seem to be making negative progress (was 3, now 0).

With ya'll being in the 4hr away range, it pretty much leaves me looking north to Sioux Falls (1.5hr drive), or south (1.5hr drive). Closest hobby shops as well....Sioux City & Le Mars shop(s).

Luckily, the NE and SD crews are good guys!
WarMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2010, 05:44 AM   #6
I wanna be Dave

You guys really are in small town Iowa. We have three of Iowas largest cities (four if you count Dubuque) and there's only a handfull of active people in the area. And a funtioning indoor crawling facility (MidAmerica Hobbies). Mad Dawg has Des Moines the largest city. They are very populated with great hobby shops. Where the hell is everyone. Surely people no that RCC IS THE place to be.

In all honesty I feel you west siders have the better terrain too. Just wish you were a little closer. We'll definitely see you in April though The Omaha guys are a great group of guys. They came to several of our comps when we were just a puny little bunch. They have thrived and we have diminished.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:23 AM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarMachine View Post
With ya'll being in the 4hr away range, it pretty much leaves me looking north to Sioux Falls (1.5hr drive), or south (1.5hr drive).

Don't think for a minute that IaROCK doesn't care about you guys on the west side of the state.

I put this whole thing together for EVERYBODY in the ENTIRE state of Iowa.

IaROCK will defiantly be doing GTG's and Comps in your area too. I have been working on getting things situated with the city of Sioux Falls for a full blown comp there this fall. My biggest reason for doing this is for you guys on the west side.

Bart Bender put a gtg together at Mid America Hobbies in January and IaROCK will be having one there this month. One of the biggest reasons we are having one there is because it is indoors and it's toasty warm!

North Liberty IA is a 150 mile drive for me...one way!! So it isn't be best for me either, but it's the only indoor crawler course that I know of. Sioux City is a 150 mile drive for me too, and IaROCK would be happy to do a gtg or comp there too, if there was an indoor course.

My LHS is in Webster City and they have an indoor circle track with practices on Wednesday and racing on Sundays. I am trying to get an indoor crawler course set up there too.

All this damn snow and cold weather kinda puts the ky-bosh on outdoor events till spring......but rest assured once Spring has sprung, IaROCK will be knocking at your door!!
Mad Dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 10:14 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Location: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

we drive to Omaha just about every other weekend to crawl indoors its right at 100 miles for us here in Sioux City
DeweyCJ5 is offline   Reply With Quote