LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2010, 03:07 PM   #201
I wanna be Dave

Thanks. How are you liking it?
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2010, 09:53 PM   #202
I wanna be Dave

im loving it,,it was a lil wierd getting used to a flawless dig (losi tranz is smooth) lol,,but now with the free wheel function,,,i took out the rfs dig plate,,,and no torque twist,,,it crawls awesome,,finished the last season in 5th place,,only runnin it like this twice,,first time had no dig on tranz,,(servo was on back order) so i used the rf dig,,which sucks...last time had my best showing in 2.2 with a -1 on the day,,,so this was definately the way to go for this,,putting a slight bend in the rr links for clearance was also a nice mod to have done,,break over is much nicer now..all in all im very pleased,,i have a bully comp rig loaded with all the goodies for my "back up" rig,,never comped with it,,lol
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:10 AM   #203
Rock Stacker

i like your bully... shafts just dont do it for me
CCC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 01:16 PM   #204
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCC22 View Post
... shafts just dont do it for me
thats not what you said the other night......you like to be bullied huh...
Old 03-02-2010, 03:54 PM   #205
Rock Stacker

CCC22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:15 AM   #206
RCC Addict

Nice rig, I might just have to pick up one of those, looks like you could build an awesome scaler out of it too.
Abavuso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 12:02 PM   #207

that thing looks sweet. got any vids?
wk kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 11:53 PM   #208
Rock Crawler

I'm digging this up for a second Dez, feel free to put it back in the dirt if you like.

Finally got a hold of everything that I need to get this going where I want it to. I cannot get this thing under 13in WB without the driveshafts binding up. I've got my links measured, put it all together, and without the steering sitting almost directly in the dirt, cannot get a 12.5in WB.

What are the length of your lowers, and did you have to shorten the Kyosho drive shafts? I'm running the same RC4WD 5-6MM outputs, but am thinking about using a sleeve to help with the front driveshaft length. They're like the MIP's for Axials, internally splined, but it only goes about a quarter inch deep.

Pics with the wheels off would help, but with this being an older thread... I wouldn't be surprised if this rig is gone already.
kmnss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 10:48 AM   #209
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmnss View Post
I'm digging this up for a second Dez, feel free to put it back in the dirt if you like.

Finally got a hold of everything that I need to get this going where I want it to. I cannot get this thing under 13in WB without the driveshafts binding up. I've got my links measured, put it all together, and without the steering sitting almost directly in the dirt, cannot get a 12.5in WB.

What are the length of your lowers, and did you have to shorten the Kyosho drive shafts? I'm running the same RC4WD 5-6MM outputs, but am thinking about using a sleeve to help with the front driveshaft length. They're like the MIP's for Axials, internally splined, but it only goes about a quarter inch deep.

Pics with the wheels off would help, but with this being an older thread... I wouldn't be surprised if this rig is gone already.
well lucky for you i still have the rig together,,the lower links are all stock losi lcc linksthe rr are bent slightly and frts are still straight,,i trimmed about a 1/4 in off the one sides rod end to shorten them a lil,,the rr links are 5 3/4 long eye to eye,,the fronts are straight and are 6 even eye to eye,,i also have them mounted in different locations on the lower mount
the drive shafts have nothing done to them,,im runnin them the way they would be on the stock rock force,,but no rubber in between

hope these help
Old 01-08-2011, 11:02 AM   #210
Rock Crawler

Thanks again man, now I gotta bend up some delrin.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:49 AM   #211
Rock Crawler

Gotta roller...

Front

Rear: Drilled a new hole for the links to clear the driveshaft.

Dig servo is hanging out on the bench, with everything else. I'll get electronics in it sometime next week.

Thanks again man. Lotsa help just seeing a few pics.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:01 AM   #212
Release your anger..

Its cool to see this thing still kicking. Did you ever finish the RF super of yours?
ThinkTank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2011, 05:58 PM   #213
Rock Crawler

Yeah, that worked for a little bit, but eventually wore out even brushless motors from heat. The super tires on it make it really hard for one motor to turn.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:39 AM   #214
I wanna be Dave

looks good man,,you may wanna shorten your frt upper links some,just to get a better steering angle,,,im thinkin of makin mine a scaler,,i need to figure out what and how though,,
Old 06-18-2011, 07:48 PM   #215
RCC Addict

cool dez did know you still had it im interested to get one and turn it into a scaler
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote