Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: h/s gears

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2009, 11:36 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default h/s gears

I did a stupid thing,i ordered the high speed gears through the new zealand kyoshi distributer in january,they said a couple of weeks.
never turned up ,rung them,still coming,and so on.
Finaly in march one set turns up,thats 1 end ,1worm drive and pinion?,so im half way there!
The other "set" wont be here for another 3 weeks!,yeah right. why send only half a set when you need 2,can i use half the HS gears?

Dam kyosho,stupid truck,i wish id got the ax10 now ,i hate this thing,anybody want a cheep suckforce!
vipxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2009, 11:48 AM   #2
MODERATOR™

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipxj View Post
can i use half the HS gears?
Nope. Too great of a difference.

I ordered through Stormer and figured $30 has to be for two. Box shows up, and there's only one in there. I called up Stormer and mentioned to the fella that he might want to change the website description to include that $30 is only one axle.

They changed it: https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...s&pn=KYORFW002
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 12:41 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by vipxj View Post
I did a stupid thing,i ordered the high speed gears through the new zealand kyoshi distributer in january,they said a couple of weeks.
never turned up ,rung them,still coming,and so on.
Finaly in march one set turns up,thats 1 end ,1worm drive and pinion?,so im half way there!
The other "set" wont be here for another 3 weeks!,yeah right. why send only half a set when you need 2,can i use half the HS gears?

Dam kyosho,stupid truck,i wish id got the ax10 now ,i hate this thing,anybody want a cheep suckforce!
If you really want to sell it PM me a price. I'll take your 1 set of HS gears too.
gimpygolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:08 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Yeah ,got quoted $70, i thought thats a good deal!!!!!!!!!!!!!,4 one not so good,ohwell ,i can save for the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gimpygolden View Post
If you really want to sell it PM me a price. I'll take your 1 set of HS gears too.
Sorry gimpy ,its not forsale yet,ill put up with it for a while yet,it goes ok ,just need 2 make some bent lowers.But ill keep you in mind,you never know,i might get really p#%*ed off with it still!

cheers.
Old 03-12-2009, 11:38 AM   #5
RCC Addict

Yeah theyre not cheap,i paid $750 for mine ,and thats with $50 off,dont you love the economic recession and exchange rate.

I wonder how many rockforces running around with only half a H/S gearset!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-12-2009, 12:28 PM   #6

thanks for posting this!

I just ordered a RF and was going to get the hs gear set and I would have only ordered 1, until I read this thread!

thanks again vipxj

is there anything about the dig kit I should know about? other than 300oz torq servo requirement?
boomstick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:13 PM   #7
RCC Addict

deburr the aluminum plate that goes in the axle, thats all i remember, then do a search here on DK`s post.
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 06:01 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Guess what ,the nz agent found another "set" of h/s gears from a shop!,hooray!.
Kool i get to pull the axles apart ,use a 45t or 55t and get some torque at last,and not smoke anymore motors,..

Broomstick,the dig also needs what joot said above, the grunty servo, fuel tube over the supplied springs,some good grease on the dig ,and nice and clean on the slide part on the outside of the cases.,
Old 03-12-2009, 09:45 PM   #9
I wanna be Dave

i use a 645 for my dig servo with no problems,,deffinately de-burr the lock plate,,and break it in,,mine works fine...
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote