Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Rockforce or losi

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 06:44 AM   #1
Rock Crawler

Thumbs down Rockforce or losi

Not a big fan of losi comp rig. Dont know anyone with the rockforce,how good is it?
tklatti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-31-2009, 08:23 AM   #2
MODERATOR™

I've got both. Out of the box the Losi walks all over the Rock Force.

I've tweaked em both a little and the Losi still walks all over the Rock Force.

Modded heavily I'd guess it's up to you, but the Losi doesn't need major modifications to work well.
EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 08:55 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Ive got an axial and one of the guys i know has the losi. Imo it sucks. I dont run dig,he does and ive always beatin him. I know that the driver is alot to do with it,and so does setup.But come on, a blind dog finds a bone eventually.
Old 10-31-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

i combined both,,to make 1,,and love it ,,,rock force axles with losi trans and chassis,,,,
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:40 AM   #5
I wanna be Dave

go losi

I have had a rock force. I was not every happy. I know 3 people with losi's.

stock out of the box and one has won a local comp with it. I would go tekin RS 17.5 with it. Or you can go MOA kit. There will be a lot of after market part for the Losi.

maybe put so panthers

Plus Rich will help you with all your problems.
sally1800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 09:45 AM   #6
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoon View Post
i combined both,,to make 1,,and love it ,,,rock force axles with losi trans and chassis,,,,
Thats cool.What motor/esc ya running?
Old 10-31-2009, 10:04 AM   #7
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by tklatti View Post
Thats cool.What motor/esc ya running?
im runnin a novak goat 21.5t system,,with the losi trans im runnin a 14t pinion,,all s/s gears,,and i was runnin the high speed gear set in the rf axles,,,it was to much ,,it would cog a lil with a 12t pinion,,then i switched back to stock low speed set,,now its on point for me
heres my build thread
using the "FORCE".....
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:33 AM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I had a Rock Force. I did a fare amount of modifications to it, Reflections dig plate, factory dig, RC4WD XVD's, high speed worm gears, and few other things. I got my LCC last Friday installed my FXR, servos, and other electronics. Went to a comp the next morning and wow it was awesome!! I was doing great, better than I ever did with my RF. I burnt my motor up and still got 4th in the shafty class. I have to wrong worm gears and Losi is sending me new ones. The Losi easier to find parts for and they are cheaper. I would say the Losi is a much better rig.

P.S. The dig is 1000 times better on the Losi for a few reasons:
1. Works instantly every time. The RF will roll a good bit before it engages.
2. Doesn't produce heat like the RF.

The Rock Force could be a great rig with a lot of work. There are some great ones on here.

Last edited by Creepy Crawler; 10-31-2009 at 10:41 AM.
Creepy Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 10:34 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Ive got an axial and one of the guys i know has the losi. Imo it sucks. I dont run dig,he does and ive always beatin him. I know that the driver is alot to do with it,and so does setup.But come on, a blind dog finds a bone eventually.
Why would you not run dig? I ran my Rock Force without it and I got last at my local comp. I guess different driving style.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:36 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creepy Crawler View Post
Why would you not run dig? I ran my Rock Force without it and I got last at my local comp. I guess different driving style.
Well a good driver will beat any hack with dig. Did'nt want to rely on dig.Makes you a better driver,able to read the terrain easyer the longer you do it. Dont get me wrong,some people will set up a "dig favored" course.But i believe that the terrain should be the challenge not how good ur rig turns.
Old 10-31-2009, 11:37 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

So if you "know" the losi sucks why even start a thread asking "Rockforce or Losi"

Get the rockforce, im sure youll love it.
Obeast44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 11:40 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obeast44 View Post
So if you "know" the losi sucks why even start a thread asking "Rockforce or Losi"

Get the rockforce, im sure youll love it.
Wanted some imput/testamonies on the rockforce
Old 10-31-2009, 11:45 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Not a big fan of losi comp rig. Dont know anyone with the rockforce,how good is it?
The Losi, out of the box, is the most comp capable mass produced rig built to date. A guy who was a middle to rear of the pack competitor switched from his well built axial to a bone stock LCC before the last comp. After one practice day, he placed 2nd in our 2.2 class. My completely custom Bully was the only one to beat him. This is a guy who didn't consider himself a great driver.

The Rock Farce, while it has tough axles, is a really high priced rig that doesn't offer alot for the $ spent.

Quote:
WTF?!!! You ask which is better, and then say that you already believe the LCC sucks? You're obviously either an idiot or a troll. :?
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:00 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilTwin v2 View Post
The Losi, out of the box, is the most comp capable mass produced rig built to date. A guy who was a middle to rear of the pack competitor switched from his well built axial to a bone stock LCC before the last comp. After one practice day, he placed 2nd in our 2.2 class. My completely custom Bully was the only one to beat him. This is a guy who didn't consider himself a great driver.

The Rock Farce, while it has tough axles, is a really high priced rig that doesn't offer alot for the $ spent.

WTF?!!! You ask which is better, and then say that you already believe the LCC sucks? You're obviously either an idiot or a troll. :?
Hey!!! If ya read my first post you'll see i was asking for feedback on the rockforce. Seems like those 2 trucks are always brought up together.Don't know anyone with a rockforce...As for the troll or idiot remark,shove it up ur @$$.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:03 PM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey!!! If ya read my first post you'll see i was asking for feedback on the rockforce. Seems like those 2 trucks are always brought up together.Don't know anyone with a rockforce...As for the troll or idiot remark,shove it up ur @$$.
...and the title of your thread is rockforce or losi...asking for a comparison.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:22 PM   #16
5th D Owner/Driver

I had a rock force and switched to the losi, then made it moa. To much fabbing to make the rock force competitive and didnt like the dig. Also has next to zero aftermarket support. The losi has the most axle ground clearance of any crawler out there which has been benificial where I comp. If your going to comp with it I would suggest to start out with the losi as that is what it was made for.
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:23 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Well a good driver will beat any hack with dig. Did'nt want to rely on dig.Makes you a better driver,able to read the terrain easyer the longer you do it. Dont get me wrong,some people will set up a "dig favored" course.But i believe that the terrain should be the challenge not how good ur rig turns.
Well where I comp you have to have dig. A few of these guys are ranked in the Worlds and they use bergs. To compete with bergs you are gonna have to have dig. Not to say that I can compete with them but just to a chance.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cboggs View Post
I had a rock force and switched to the losi, then made it moa. To much fabbing to make the rock force competitive and didnt like the dig. Also has next to zero aftermarket support. The losi has the most axle ground clearance of any crawler out there which has been benificial where I comp. If your going to comp with it I would suggest to start out with the losi as that is what it was made for.
I agree 1000%.
Old 10-31-2009, 12:28 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Well it seems that the losi is a better rig!! Thanks for the info guys. Must have been the driver running it then. It can happen to any rig i guess.
Old 10-31-2009, 02:11 PM   #20

Default Advocate for the Devil

I have both crawlers and while I agree that the Losi is a better competition machine, I have enjoyed running the Rock Force in non competitive crawling. I can easily fit a 3000mAh LiPo in it and head for the mountains without fear of breaking axles.
derangboy is offline   Reply With Quote