Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: I finaly broke stuff..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 09:23 AM   #1
RCC Addict

Default I finaly broke stuff..

Ok, I will start by saying the tf axles are just way to beefy to even describe. I went camping for 4 days and is was sweat as hell. I went on a few hikes with the scx-10 and ax-10. I stayed around camp with the big boy because I didnt want to carry it to far if something did happen to it.I also need to tell you that last week before going I put the creepy crawler back together.

So on day one I drank and set up camp.

Day 2, I played around on some rocks, went to the beach, found some mud and almost lost the big boy in the river..lol All was great

day 3, I went back to the rocks. The creepy crawler tryed flying with very little luck. 20+ ft drop..oops I broke all the ears off front stearing servo. I went back to camp to fix it but forgot to pack my extra servo..lol Ok so what do I do? Oh yes, I have zip ties..lol 4 ties and I have stearing again. Lets go play. Ok, I go back out and try flying again, more of a tumble. I broke the rear delrin link, poped the bead off 2 tires, broke the delrin cross member on the top of the rig, and lastly poped the three, 1/4" zip ties off the servo. Well I figured I was done.. hell no... gimmy a beer. Ok I still couldnt fix it.

Day 4, I drank breakfast and cleaned up camp. I got the ax-10 out went for a morning hike before its time to go. I ran over a 6+ ft bull snake who thought my truck was dinner.. it got the tire in it mouth and went for the death roll or something. I didnt let go until I hit the gas a little sent them both on a tumble down a 30ft bank.

Ok so it was a great weekend... lets go back to day 1. We got all set up in camp had some beer caught a fish, when cleaning the fish for dinner at the river I leaned over and my video cam slid out of my pocket into the river and floated away. I couldnt get it back. So no video, no proof, and im so sad.

It was still a great trip

I will try to get some pics of the area and breakage..lol

thanks
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-30-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: I finaly broke stuff..

So you never actually broke the axles? Sweet!
Bart bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 02:12 PM   #3
RCC Addict

The axles and supershafty tranny parts are untuched...lol except the normal rock rash. I was running some big ass tires as well..40 series mud slingers. They did ok on the rocks but when it came to the sand and mud it was a total monster. I was sure with those big tire I was asking for problems but the drive train worked flawless and could have kept going.

thanks
Old 05-30-2012, 07:07 PM   #4
SuperShafty.com

wait so which huge rig did you take out there?

awesome story man. sounds like a lot of fun
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 08:54 PM   #5
RCC Addict

I will get pics this weekend.. I have been busy as hell again, try to juggle 3 jobs at once and 2 more jobs waiting for me. Im taking sunday off so i hope to get pics for you all.

I finaly broke stuff.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
crawler + brushless= lot of broke stuff haha mud_life_19 Videos! 2 11-03-2011 11:51 AM
stuff brakes. what have you broke? 2500hdon37s Chit Chat 24 06-29-2009 06:51 PM
Finaly broke the truck in! pc6uru Tamiya TLT Crawlers 3 04-30-2007 02:00 PM
Finaly I have a 1 to 1 RandyatBBY Chit Chat 33 12-27-2006 09:04 AM
Broke stuff 289YJ General Crawlers 1 07-01-2006 01:43 PM