Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Kyosho Crawlers

Notices

Thread: hey all

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2014, 05:40 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default hey all

Its been a busy summer and well I havent been over to visit the force in a long while. Just thought I would say hey to everyone and let you all know that im going full force here in a few weeks. I just recieve notice that my new kyosho fo-xx will be here in 2-3 weeks and im crazy excited and hope it get here before the snow flys... oh wait I dont care about the snow..lol I hope to be on here abit more but its hard to say since work hasnt let up at all. I cant wait to show off the new rig.
buggynutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-03-2014, 09:45 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: hey all

looking forward to seeing the fo-xx, i really wont to get one.
joeyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 11:17 PM   #3
RCC Addict

As soon as I get mine I will get some video of it and put it through the ringer to find out how its going to hold up. I will keep everyone posted and let you all know how bad it puts the yetti xl to shame. Lol.
Old 10-07-2014, 07:54 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

looking forward to it. new here and its the vehicle that I am keeping tabs on.
Cainlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 08:21 PM   #5
SuperShafty.com

yeah man, this is gonna be great. look forward to seeing you play with it and being jealous.
mjderstine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2014, 07:57 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Its here.. I will be picking it up tomorrow night. Its sweet but there is a few things I dint like already. The steering is weird and will post a pic when I get it. The rear end is steering capable, its locked with tie rods. I will post as much info as I can as soon as I can. Can someone post a pic of the under side of the stock mad force, I want to see what all they changed. Thanks
Old 10-09-2014, 08:20 PM   #7
RCC Addict

First shot sent to me from the hobby shop. Lol
Old 10-09-2014, 11:32 PM   #8
Pebble Pounder

when you tot the car,can you send some pics?
mike_like is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 08:43 AM   #9
RCC Addict

I will get some pics late tonight and will post them up asap. Its hard to get the to post correctly on my tablet so I will get on the computer. I need to get out the good camera also..lol I almost took off last night at 9pm to go get the thing.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:04 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Ok, a quick run down of the new truck..
On 2s lipo its controllable but seem to be lacking in power to push this beast.
On 4s lipo its stupid fast but its dark out and didnt get to really run it like I want to.
Tomorrow I will be out doing some testing and get pics.
So far I found some stuff that need s some attention. First thing would be that the stearing servo is not up for this big of truck. I will as said before test it more tomorrow. Again with the steering, there is way to much going on with it. It could have been done alot simpler and had better results. There are 5 links in it and I think its making it sloppy and they could have used heavier matirial to make them. I see them getting bent rather easily, I could be wrong. A quick fix would be the supershafty axle mount for the servo.

The tires are getting taken off tomorrow and being replace by a set of trenchers. The paddles seem to be a good soft compound and the foams seem to be a good match for them. I will go find a dirt hill or a beach very soon and give them a real test.

I ran this for about 8-10 minutes on 4s and checked the motor and it was cool to the tuch still but I will put some more stress on it to see how it works, esc was the same.

Fun..hell yes. It is dark out and all I got to do was goof in the yard where I could see.

Another piece of info that I was c8nfused about. The esc and motor are both water proof as said on the box. In the searchs I did on it I found nothing that said it was. I will need to give that a test also. Another thing about the esc.. it auto detects what battery/batteries you are running. It comes with a dual battery connector on tne truck and has a single conector in the bag of tools. Very nice imo.

I will get more into the truck after I get sometime on it.

I was super happy to see the instructions. Lol while flipping through the first book it specifically says not to run in crowded areas or around kids..lol my kids dint think that was funny. It also comes with a maintenance book that has a nice blow up of every part and how to disassemble and fix every part of the truck.

Nice and simple controler, has end point setting and the other normal stuff. In your hand it does feel a little cheep and not the most comfortable in the hand. It also has dual rate steering , 4 ch receiver.

I think thats enough for tonight since I need to get some sleep. If anyone has any questions or wants pics of a specific part of the truck let me know.

Thanks
Old 10-11-2014, 08:48 AM   #11
RCC Addict

Quick update..lol ran it on 3s this morning in my pjs in the front yard. I think thats the ticket. Going to a test area soon but couldnt help but get out and run it before I got dressed.lol
Old 10-11-2014, 11:23 AM   #12
RCC Addict

Ok so. No breakage. And I was so excited to go test this thing out I forgot my gopro. Slipper clutch is not happy, it started slipping kinda bad. I think it got wet. One of the screws came loose that hold the link to the chassis. This is definitely not a crawler.lol It has open diffs so you can imagine it didnt perform to well on the rocky trail. I had some hard inpacts with a fence and some large rocks and everything held up great. Im going to wash the mud off and setup to get some picks.
Thanks
Old 10-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #13
Pebble Pounder

In your opinion how similar is this to the Mad Force Kruiser VE?

When researching this vehicle I recall some upgrades for the steering for the Kruiser, wonder if they will work fine on this vehicle ...

thats interesting to hear the electronics are waterproof. Looking at the pics hard to tell what version of the Orion R8 is in there, when looking on Orion's site the one that is mentioned as waterproof is the R8 WP and appears to have a different case. When comparing pics to the R8 in the Mad Force and on Orion's site, ,it looks like the non waterproof version. They may however have upgraded it though, not sure.

When you tried it on 2S, did it feel like you could do some light crawling with this?

I am looking at this to use in a variety of means, and will most likely change out the electronics to something sensored but debating what motor to go with, a truggy or buggy one.

Looking forward to hearing more of what you find!
Old 10-12-2014, 09:06 AM   #14
RCC Addict

I had a guy who had a mad force ve check out the fo-xx. He said everything is the same except the tires/wheels, shocks, and the body. I guess its not a huge surprise but this thing is still sweet.
Old 10-12-2014, 12:06 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

thats cool, so a variety of thinks will work on the truck then that were hopups for the mad force.

Any planned upgrades you are looking at?
Old 10-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #16
RCC Addict

Axle mounted servo and better servo to start with. I really dont like how steering is set up. Havent got to run it much because of the weather.
Old 10-12-2014, 02:49 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

cool thanks. I see the setup from thundertech racing that I have heard to give a look for the steering setup:

Twin Force

buggynut, you mentioned something from supershafty, do you have a direct link? Trying to navigate there site but I think I may be just missing the item as I may be in the wrong place :(

hopefully with the release of this vehicle maybe we'll see upgrades for the previous Mad Force make a comeback, seen some things that rc4wd had made that looked pretty cool.

One thing from the manual would be worth completing is the "spider" gears for the diffs as it looks liek its just 1 pair versus the 2 pair I am used to in normal 1/8 buggy diffs. Not sure if there is an advantage to 1 pair, but if I pick this up, probably buy the extra set, not a high dollar part either.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:54 AM   #18
Pebble Pounder

just got confirmation now from Kyosho saying stuff is waterproof, servo, ESC and motor changing what they sent originally.

Last edited by Cainlord; 10-13-2014 at 10:18 AM.
Old 10-13-2014, 09:09 PM   #19
RCC Addict

The servo seems way under powered for the size of the truck. I need to get some 2.2 size tires on this thing. The tsl swampers and roc locks both look about right.need to get the 12mm hexs. Has anyone made a set.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:33 AM   #20
Pebble Pounder

Do you have any specs on the servo?

The ESC from what I recall output is only 6V, may want to rig up an external if you want more power.

I believe this is what you want for hexes:

12mm Hexes - Super Shafty

currently out of stock, you may want to contact them to see when they will be in stock again.

These too based on what is mentioned here:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/kyosh...ml#post1651294

http://www.thundertechracing.com/cvd1.htm

MIP-CB12

Other than that, most of what I am seeing when searching appears to be mods to other hexes or get some custom made.

Last edited by Cainlord; 10-14-2014 at 07:37 AM.

hey all - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey!! 08yfz45031 General Crawlers 9 03-13-2011 10:26 PM
hey hey hey ..decided I should drop in and say hi... 86ss1 Chit Chat 3 11-14-2005 05:07 PM